Thanks for that, Using it now, Lost 2 Drawn 1, not bad I know it takes a few games to get the balance right, just a couple questions, should I go for a Balanced or Rigid Philosophy? Also shout outs, use any or just leave it? I'm just using Pass to feet and get ball forward for now.

Rigid mate

Hello guys, I'm Leeds, just started the second season (first season in Championship). Having trouble with finding an efficient tactic with my players, if you have some suggestion I will greatly appreciate it. I have for the moment 2 won (3-0 vs. Huddersfiled and 3-0 vs. Watford) , 1 draw (1-1 vs. Wigan) and 2 lost (0-2 vs. Middlesbrough and 1-2 vs. Portsmouht) in the league and I was kicked by Stoke in the second round of League Cup (0-3).

Here are my players:
GK Luis Guilherme / Shane Higgs
DL/WBL Armand Traore (loaned until the end of the season) / Michael Ball (Leeds Reserves: Andy Hughes, Aidan White and loaned Ritchie de Laet)
DR/ WBR Mario Melchiot / David Gray (Leeds Reserves: Jason Crowe, Andy Hughes and loaned Ritchie de Laet and Gavin Hoyte)
DC Patrick Kisnorbo / Stephen McManus / Ryan Bennet (Leeds Reserves: Leigh Bromby and loaned Ritchie de Laet and Gavin Hoyte)
DMC Richard Hughes / Bradley Johnson (Leeds Reserves: a promising regen and some young players that Leeds already had)
MC/AMC Aron Gunnarsson / Jonjo Shelvey / Jonathan Howson / Neil Kilkenny / Jacob Mellis (Leeds Reserves: Andy Hughes, Lucas Trecarichi)
ST Jermaine Beckford / Robert Snodgrass / Krisztian Nemeth (loaned until the end of the season) (Leeds Reserves: Luciano Becchio, Philipp Prosenik)

As you can see, I played until now without wings, and I have some potential in the Reserves team (there are several players that I still have because I want to make some good money by training them). No purchases intended (or possible ;) at the moment.
Ok, any advice will be very useful, thank you.

Ok, I didn't get any tips in the last 2 days, so I had to find the best way to play by myself. So, I started to test two tactics that I found on this site and looked good for my Leeds team:
1. Dan's Dynamo (Control and Attacking) - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/dans-attacking-dynamo-t36414.html
2. JP Woody V3 (with fullbacks) - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3257

I had some problems with both of them and I decided to combine them like this: I kept player positions and roles from Dan's, but moved the AMC in a ST position, as in Woody's tactic. And it worked pretty well actually, the games I lost or draw where because of my testing or my own shouting mistakes or because of injuries (Shelvey was for example like 5 months unavailable).

I attached images with the team I used mostly (in winter there were some transfers) and the League table. Player positions and roles where like this:

GK - Goalkeeper/Defend - L. Guilherme (S. Higgs/A. Martin)
DL - Full Back/Defend - A. Traore (M. Ball/A. Sheehan but used R De Laet instead of Sheehan, who was alot on loan)
DR - Full Back/Defend - D. Gray (R. De Laet/G. Hoyte)
DC - Central Defender/Cover - S. McManus (L. Bromby/ R. De Laet/G. Hoyte)
DC - Central Defender/Stopper - P. Kisnorbo (L. Bromby/ R. De Laet/G. Hoyte)
DMC - Anchor Men/Defend - R. Hughes (B. Johnson/B. Brennan(talented regen) - also used Gunnarsson when necessary)
MC - Box to Box Midfielder/Support - J. Howson (N. Kilkenny/J. Mellis)
MC - Box to Box Midfielder/Support - A. Gunnarsson (N. Kilkenny/J. Mellis)
ST - Poacher/Attack - J. Beckford (K. Nemeth/P. Prosenik)
ST - Trequartista/Attack - J. Shelvey (K. Nemeth/P. Prosenik)
ST - Complete Forward/Attack - R. Snodgrass (K. Nemeth/P. Prosenik)

I had Media Prediction 13th (begining of first season in Championship) and Stoke was really good, nearly beat me, but I just had more goals and managed to win the Championship. Other Competitions: kicked in the second round of League Cup (early in the season) and reached FA Cup 6th round (kicked by Chelsea with score 0-1 - great match that was). This tactic helped me to draw or even win when I had players injured or sent-off. I never replayed a match, no matter how unlucky I was. Maybe you will give it a try, cheers!

firstteam20102011.png

Last edited:
Hi Guys, after a long fm break i finally got myself fm again and started off with my favorite club Ajax. After some new tries how to get the club running I still bump into the tactical/training problems.

I'll add some screens of my transfers and my current tactic and players I use

And yea the screens are from a new save, since i basicly managed to mess things up bad.

Just post some feedback about what I should(nt) do

has anyone played with steaua bucharest and if you did what tactic should i use?

Hi all im currently playing as A.C Milan my current formation has got what i need a fergie style tactic strong defence great flair in attack but its not working,
my current team is
View attachment 105334

hi im currently everton have just bought adriano (fluminese) and chamakh and the rest of the team i did not change. plz reccomend me a tactic as i do not know how to play them., thanks in advance

my one's working wonders for my man utd team
4-2-4
-------------------------------hart--------------------------
---------renan--ferdinand--vidic----evra------
----------------------veloso------hamsik-----------
-c.ronaldo----------------------------------ribery-
------------------dzeko-------rooney------------------

I'm United, second season and having won the League in the first season and supposedly 'strengthened', my team appears to have turned to dump and cannot win games consistently.

Based on the first XI that I would ideally play, can anyone give me an idea of what formation might suit my players and team?
VDS

Rafael
Ferdinand / Evans
Vidic
Evra

Annan

Anderson

Alexis Sanchez
Gourcuff
Modric

Rooney

Also in my squad are:
Brown
O'Shea
Carrick
Fletcher
Scholes
Nani
Ji-Sung Park
Valencia
Berba
Owen
Sanogo.

Any ideas would be great

With hull
first season ended 11 th
4-1-2-1-2

Asmir begovic

Mendy...... kamil zayatte.... wael Gomaa...... Javier garrido

Boating

Jimmy bullard Kilbane

Mohamed Aboutrika

Amr Zaki Mohamed Zidane

Second Season finished 3rd

Villar

paulo ferreira ...... kamil zayatte.... wael Gomaa...... Javier garrido

Boating

Mohamed Aboutrika Kilbane

Deco

Amr Zaki Michel owen

I am in 2012 and managing Belgium.
My key players are Witsel,Defour,Lukaku and Hazard.What tactic should I use?

Hey I need a tactic for Barcelona, I know it sounds stupid but I believe Barca can go way above all other teams on fm 2010 with the correct tactic. I am currently using Guardiolas Barca 4-3-3 by anthony.rowell but have just lost to real madrid 2-1 and I believe I either need a whole new tactic or some changes to the one I am using or some shouts to help barca perform as best they can.

I have the original Barca squad I have made no changes to it, but am looking to buy modric and ribery. I am using the 10.3 patch.

Thanks

Has anyone play 4-1-2-1-2? (Complete Dominance 10.2) It like what it's name say it dominance ! you can try it!

I am in 2012 and managing Belgium.
My key players are Witsel,Defour,Lukaku and Hazard.What tactic should I use?

Maybe a diamond 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1 with defensive mids? There's a few good tactics on the site for those formations, like Goals Galore (search it) for 4-4-2 diamond.

Hey I need a tactic for Barcelona, I know it sounds stupid but I believe Barca can go way above all other teams on fm 2010 with the correct tactic. I am currently using Guardiolas Barca 4-3-3 by anthony.rowell but have just lost to real madrid 2-1 and I believe I either need a whole new tactic or some changes to the one I am using or some shouts to help barca perform as best they can.

I have the original Barca squad I have made no changes to it, but am looking to buy modric and ribery. I am using the 10.3 patch.

Thanks

There's plenty around the site, KingEric did a couple, for example which work really well for me, so have a look for them :)

Can I see somehow the tactic which other team in FM im using ? Instruction,Roles ... Its the Genoa tactic that I want to try

For Football Manager 2010

Please give details of which team your using,what players are in your squad and your prefered formation and style of play.

am managing liverpool and i would like to bring out the best of a flat 4-4-2

Strikers: i rotate Torres, Voronin, Kuyt

Left Wing: Riera and Babel
Right Wing: Yossi, Kuyt and sometimes Gerrard

Defence: Aurelio, Agger, Carra, Johnson

my playing philo is fluid, attacking football. i usually employ a rigid system with little creative freedom when away against teams like Barca

please assist on tactics

PS: I have Montolivo, Lucas, Gerrard and Masch rotating in Central Midfield

Last edited: