What Tactic Suits My Team?

I know I'm being a pain. I'm very grateful for all the help but I was hoping I could get help with a tactic that focuses on Torres. Like a 4 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1 or something.

My attack force has:

Fernando Torres
Robinho
Ronaldinho
Deco
Wesley Sneijder
David Silva
Camoranesi
Quaresma

Thanks again for all the help.

Hi guys,
I have a problem. I'm playing with Man United and you should win PL with them (I think) but I never succeed with it. My team always let many goals in and have a hard time scoring a goal. This is my third season
What can I do?

here is my first lineup

GK: Asenjo
Defenders: Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, John O'Shea
Defensive midfielder: Ignacio Camacho
Midfielder: Alexis Sánchez, Steven Defour, Antonio Valencia
Attackers: Wayne Rooney, Diogo

Other players in the squad are
GK: Roberto Basillico
Def: Rafael, Fabio, Marcel Kling, Benjamin Rau
Mid: Franco Zuculini, José Miguel Esquerro, Micheal Carrick, Jack Wilshere, Tijani Belaïd
Att: Keirrison, Joël Lenfant, Stevan Jovetic

I've been wondering what the best tactic to use for Italy is (1st season).

Hi guys,
I have a problem. I'm playing with Man United and you should win PL with them (I think) but I never succeed with it. My team always let many goals in and have a hard time scoring a goal. This is my third season
What can I do?

here is my first lineup

GK: Asenjo
Defenders: Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, John O'Shea
Defensive midfielder: Ignacio Camacho
Midfielder: Alexis Sánchez, Steven Defour, Antonio Valencia
Attackers: Wayne Rooney, Diogo

Other players in the squad are
GK: Roberto Basillico
Def: Rafael, Fabio, Marcel Kling, Benjamin Rau
Mid: Franco Zuculini, José Miguel Esquerro, Micheal Carrick, Jack Wilshere, Tijani Belaïd
Att: Keirrison, Joël Lenfant, Stevan Jovetic
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1063

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I've been wondering what the best tactic to use for Italy is (1st season).
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1063

dont just say ur team name, write your players and how you would like them to play :p

Hey guys I'm Lincoln City my hometown and I am need of a tactic which will suit my team, I want to use a attacking 4-4-2, which attacks from the start of the game. Im using the new 9.3 with all the new 09/10 transfers completed.

im torquay united in the blue square premier. have a few loan signings in my team like pok the keeper and a few defenders need a good tactic for passing directly. got 2 very quick wingers im looking to score a lot of goals

has anyone got a good tactic i can use ?

cheers

Well, I am guessing that since my thread got closed with no explanation that I am supposed to post this here? I didn't think so, as this wasn't a specific tactic to suit my team, but I could be wrong there...

Playing as Man City, 1st season in, playing a 4-4-2 formation. All is generally going well, I'm 2nd in the league, 4 points behind Chelsea after 19 matches. Into the semis of the League Cup, 1st knockout round of the EURO Cup, haven't started the FA Cup yet. Had some decent results, beating Chelsea 2-0 at home and drawing with Liverpool, Arsenal and away. This with tactics (Standard in this case) that I developed (and tweak each match) after reading the TT&F guide.

Team is (backups):
GK: Given (Hart/Fiorillo)
LFB: Bridge (Sakho)
CB: Yobo & Jagielka (Kompany/Dunne/Sakho)
RFB: Richards (Srna)
LM: Zhirkov (Petrov/Feghouli)
CMa: Aguero (Elano/Ireland/Johnson)
CMd: Kuzmenovic (Veloso/de Jong)
RM: Srna (Wright-Phillips/Feghouli)
FC: Wagner Love, Robinho (Balotelli, Bellamy, Sturridge, Caicedo)

I know I am playing Aguero slightly out of position, but he's been playing well in CM. Have also had problems getting any better CBs, but that's another story. Have signed a few cover backs (Loic Nestor and Lamine Gassama) for the January transfer window as well as a keeper (Erwin Zelazny), all young and with what my scouts tell me have 5 star potential.

But for some reason, playing against an opposition formation with a flat back 4, a DMC, two MCs, AMR & AML and a lone striker causes me major issues. Weird thing is that I seem to get decent match stats, but I get killed in the goal count.

Example lost 0-5 against Tottenham, despite me having 24 shots (9 on target) compared to 14 (9), 56% posession to 44%, 2 to 4 corners, 12 to 8 free kicks, 68% to 63% passes, 30% to 23% crosses, 86% to 96% tackles, 65% to 45% headers.

The goals were:
1) Long looping pass from a defender which Robbie Keane latched onto, beat a defender and slotted away.
2) A corner headed in at the 6 yard box by Corluka
3) A corner intercepted at the front post by Palacios who slotted it in past the defender
4) Robbie Keane gets a ball 25 yards out, runs wide past a few defenders, draws the keeper out and slots it in behind him from a narrow angle
5) Another looping pass from deep that Palyuchenko latched onto and slotted past my keeper

Nothing there that really jumps out at me tactically, other than just plain bad defending. My defenders had ratings of 4.6(!) and 5.6 for my FBs and 5.8 and 6.1 for my CBs. Bad ratings compared to normal for them, but they lost 0-5, I'd expect that. And the 4.6 was just a shocker for Micah Richards.

If this was a one off, I'd just put it down to a match where they got extremely lucky and I failed to score despite most of the stats going my way. Except in previous games where I was learning the match, I always seem to suffer against that opposition formation, despite doing well against most other formations. Just not sure how to counter it is all, cos everything I have seemed to try has failed.

Usually I tweak my tactics a bit and set one CB to man mark their striker, with the other center back set 1 notch more defensively to hopefully act as cover - not that that seems to have worked at all. I have tried setting both my fullbacks and then as an experiment my R/L halves to man mark their AMR/L. I have tried narrow formations, I have tried wide formations. This match due to the speed of Keane, I set my defensive line deepish (setting of 6ish). Normally on their long pitch I'd set it highish, but I was worried about opposition pace.

So, how do I defend against this formation? Any tips? Cos right now I am stuffed if I can think how else to tweak it to work. I could try pushing my backs up to the WB position, but they'd both be slightly out of position. And I know that against a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow formation I can just set my d-line high and cramp them for space in the middle, so I am thinking it's probably something simple, but that for my frustration, I just can't see it.

im man city, looking for a tactic where i will dominate the game, and also score a lot of goals.
Also a tactic where i do no concede too many goals (i.e. a very defensive tactic)
any suggestions are welcome thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Greg W post your current tactic and i'll see if i can tweak your defenders, and get you scoring some goals if possible.

Oh, I am the top scoring team in the League, that's not a major problem. Mind you, they do seem to miss a lot of shots where you'd swear blind it was easier to score than miss.. Just that one formation. Mind you, think I have solved the problem. Somewhat. Rather than bothering with man marking anyone other than the main striker, I just close them all down. Seems to have helped a lot as I beat Chelsea 3-1 on aggregate in the League Cup Semi Final

Anyways, here's my standard, defensive and attacking tactics. They get tweaked depending on the size of the pitch mostly. Oh, and I think in at least one of them I have the FCa and FCd mixed up, should be the other way around. Must remember to fix that...

Haven't tried playing around with free kicks yet, I know that's one area I could probably improve on. Any suggestions appreciated though. :)

Oh, I am the top scoring team in the League, that's not a major problem. Mind you, they do seem to miss a lot of shots where you'd swear blind it was easier to score than miss.. Just that one formation. Mind you, think I have solved the problem. Somewhat. Rather than bothering with man marking anyone other than the main striker, I just close them all down. Seems to have helped a lot as I beat Chelsea 3-1 on aggregate in the League Cup Semi Final

Anyways, here's my standard, defensive and attacking tactics. They get tweaked depending on the size of the pitch mostly. Oh, and I think in at least one of them I have the FCa and FCd mixed up, should be the other way around. Must remember to fix that...

Haven't tried playing around with free kicks yet, I know that's one area I could probably improve on. Any suggestions appreciated though. :)

klkl wat i will do i will download all the tactics now, tweak them and try them on different teams to see the effect. BTW i am guessing you are using the 9.3.0 update?

Last edited:
ok just tested out the attacking formation for you i know its against a poor team but won 6-0 here is a screenshot of the match facts for you. next formation i will try is the standard.

additional info, people you have bought in from earlier post i have brought in with a few exceptions.

ok just tested out the standard formation for you, again not against the best of teams but still won 3-0 , i would suggest brining in 1 or 2 cm that have a long shot attribute of at least 18, this is because the cm's on this formation tend to shot from far, if you get a cm like that, you will be bangng in the goals. here is a screenshot of the match facts. Also i have a friendly against real madrid, and one with chelsea so a good chance to test the formations out. Additional info: for the next to friendlies i will try the two formations out again, because i am against weak teams

Last edited: