What Tactic Suits My Team?

No problem :) & I've just witnessed exactly , word for word what you just said , Bottom of the league side and i couldn't score. I have no clue what to do in these situations now so i'm just going to have to experiment

No problem :) & I've just witnessed exactly , word for word what you just said , Bottom of the league side and i couldn't score. I have no clue what to do in these situations now so i'm just going to have to experiment

Have a look at the TT&F section on match theories (it's a download available from this site amongst others), they give some helpful tips there about how to set up different tactics for different scenarios. You probably would benefit by setting up a 'control' tactic for those tactics.

ok so I'm having trouble with my team... we have been finishing at the bottom of the league the past year, and it looks like the same will happen this year... I know I need defenders, I messed up in recruiting last season, and now every game one to two of my defenders gets hurt... When my team plays we will have 10 shots on a GOOD DAY and we usually win those games (when it says we are favored) but usually I only get about 4-6 shots off. and the other team usually gets about 15ish shots off, but they are all mostly long shots...

It sais that I miss a lot of short passes and long passes and we seem to generally just give the ball to the other team a lot... I have tried all sorts of different types of passes in the tactics area....

Also im playing in the MLS as the Colorado Rapids (I'm probably the only one who has this game who plays with them) also im playing worldwide soccer manager (same thing different name... it hink ;p)

playersgeneralinfo.jpg

tacticseh.jpg

teaminstructions.jpg

You're having a lot of long shots against you because you have no-one covering the area between midfield and defence.

Try pulling one of the strikers who can play the position into an AMC role, and moving the central midfielder to DMC. That will make the tactic a bit more balanced (a 4-4-2 diamond shape).

Your passing needs to be different for different parts of your team and needs to vary depending on what you want your team to do. For a 'standard' tactic, your defence needs to play longer balls, your midfield slightly shorter and your attackers shortest of all. You're probably finding it hard to pass because there's no-one your players can actually find to pass too because of the combination of passing instructions being too short and the formation being too light in central midfield.

my Liverpool team

Hi,I would really appreciate if somebody could give me some good tactics for Liverpool,ive posted a few images 1 of my current league position and 1 of my current tactics

Anyone able to help me out with Cardiff? We're conceding daft goals and Chopra and McCormack aren't scoring for ****.

this is a great idea as im always askin the same questions lol im at the start of my 3rd season and struggled 2 stay in the prem last year and i have bin playing
4-1-4-1 or a 4-4-2 but cant seem to make it work

dudek
emiliano vivano

mattock
insua
bruce
cisse
bikey
goalanski
kelly

hunt
convey
krivets
lennon
j.henry
harper
baurben
broges
gosling

doyle
c.cole
sturridge
long
lita

and i also have jonjo shelvey r.snijder and fleck who are trying to break in 2 my team

leeds utd 1st season

Hi, im leeds,nearly halfway through my first season. i know i should be walking league 1 bt i cant seem to win a game!currently 16th in the league. any tactic suggestions would be great? or maybe one or 2 players to get in jan.
heres my squad and tactics.

Help with Hull!

Hi, I need help with Hull. I want to be defensive so i can survive in the Premiership. Any help welcome. Thanks danny

hi! i´m playing valencia with their current squad, no new players yet. i want to play a 4-2-3-1 with villa alone upfront but with quite attacking wingers and amc. i´m thinking how to set up everything cause villa is not the targetman who can hold the ball, but playing with "run onto ball" might not work against deep sitting opposition. any suggestions would be appriciated. thanks.

hi! i´m playing valencia with their current squad, no new players yet. i want to play a 4-2-3-1 with villa alone upfront but with quite attacking wingers and amc. i´m thinking how to set up everything cause villa is not the targetman who can hold the ball, but playing with "run onto ball" might not work against deep sitting opposition. any suggestions would be appriciated. thanks.

Set him to hold up the ball (you have to playing one up front) and if nothing else seems to work, try playing the ball into his feet. If Villa isn't doing the job on his own, then you may have to invest in a true target man and consider a change of formation to better use Villa's ability.

-----

@alextwilson - try my Benitez 442 variants. That tactic set should be enough (with tweaking for your team and level) for Cardiff.

Lazio

I'm in the first season playing lazio with only transfering juan manuel mata, franco semioli and loan emerson. Any suggestion on what tactic i should use?

Ok i'm starting a new villa game as i do generally fail with them... and i guess it is down to my tactics... but what would be the best tactic for the 9.3 patch villa side??

thx

Ok i'm starting a new villa game as i do generally fail with them... and i guess it is down to my tactics... but what would be the best tactic for the 9.3 patch villa side??

thx

JP Woody's tactics or Lee's Liverpool tactics would probably be well suited to Villa.

im 9.2.0 and im farsley (now blue square premier) i got a pretty good pair of strikers (one strong and tall one fast etc) but no idea if i should play target man or not.

GK-Asenjo
RB- Zapata/ M. Richards/
CB-Sakho/ Thiago Silva
CB- Richards/ Zapata
LB- Marcelo/ Mattock/Jozef(regen)
LM- Guardado/ Modric
CM/AMC- Hamsik/ Diego
CM/DM- Polombo/ Ersel/Jozef(both regens)
FCD- Robinho/Benzema
FCA-O. Cardozo/Bollletili/Kierrison(loan) Kavled

Help me out with a decent tactic plz.
I can only manage to create attack tactics, which fails badly on the defensive end on a counter.

im 9.2.0 and im farsley (now blue square premier) i got a pretty good pair of strikers (one strong and tall one fast etc) but no idea if i should play target man or not.

Playing a target man makes it easier for your team as it gives them someone to aim for when lumping the ball forwards or playing crosses in. It can also make it easier for the opposition to mark your key forward player out of the game and so restrict your chances.

In lower leagues, I play with a target man almost all the time but keep an eye out during the match to see how well he's doing. If he's doing badly, I'll change target man or turn it off altogether.

Remember you also need to play to the target man's strengths and consider whether those strengths are going to work against the opposition defence. eg a fast striker as target man would naturally be best served with 'run onto ball' deliveries, but against a deep defensive line or equally fast or faster defenders, this might not be the best option.

hii...well I am Barcelona and have just started the sixth season...here is my team and tactics...
View attachment 3574

View attachment 3573

View attachment 3575

I have been using the same tactics for the last 5 seasons both home and away with a little tweaks here and there...have won the league for 5 times in a row :D conceding the leat no. of goals in Europe...
but this season I am conceding too many goals...6 in 3 games...lost the Supercopa to Real...4-3 on agg. :mad:

well I am getting the feeling that AI has got used to my tactics... so can somebody suggest me a suitable tactic to shore up my defence and make it tight

this is what my *** man is saying...is this a problem?

View attachment 3576

any suggestions are welcome...

Last edited: