What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 670
  • Views Views 485K
Preferred League: One of the main ones apart from England (e.g. Spain, Italy, France) but a 3rd division team or below
Financial information: Okay or higher (not in massive debt)
Expected position: Mid table and below
Training/youth: okay or higher

Many thanks, FM1063

And I forgot to add
Preffered league:England
Finanial:Not in debt
Expected position:Mid table
Training and youth:Doesnt matter
Preferable a club with history but thats not the main thing.

And I forgot to add
Preffered league:England
Finanial:Not in debt
Expected position:Mid table
Training and youth:Doesnt matter
Preferable a club with history but thats not the main thing.

Southampton is a good one, very enjoyable mate, but they're kind of chasing for Europa League
If not then Aston Villa :)

Hey guys, im looking to start a new save, i havent been playing lately due to pc problems. Now i want to start a new save, a long save.
Preferred League: any EUROPEAN league, any team
Financial information: doesnt matter
Expected position: doesnt matter
Training/youth facilities: doesnt matter

I want a good challenge, any one to help out?

HSV are my favourite team on FM14.

I think I should be a scout. I also chose Chelsea before they got taken over as my favourite squad to build on. I think HSV are on to something or too much media hype has made them into a beast team on FM. Great basis and means you can keep a small chunk of players who'll go on to be integral parts and still bring your own style and influence into the club.

Next year they'll probably be in German Div 2 so best make use of it while you can ;)

Most fun I've had in YEARS of playing FM was HSV (I support Arsenal, Fenerbahce, Parma, Valencia, Dortmund, etc... always use those teams for the past 20 years... first ever go with HSV and it trumped them all IMO).

HAKAN CALHANOGLU FOR PRESIDENT!!!

I'd love a "sleeping giant" club on the European stage.
Preferred League: Just please no England/Spain/France/Italy/Germany, I'm tired of them, to be honest. I'm kinda interested in a smaller country that has a potential to challenge on the bigger stage in the Champions/Europa League.
Financial information: I'd prefer that they not be nearing financial ruin, but yeah.
Expected position: Not even really a factor.
Training/youth facilities: I would love some great youth facilities, so I can bring up my own youngsters.

Oh and no Ajax, I love Ajax, but I've been there and done that with them in FM 2012 and this year's game, sooo yeah.

Hey Everyone! Recently bought FM14 and want my 1st save to be a long and enjoyable one. On FM13 i enjoyed an Austria Wien career as I could win trophies but still have a challenge in Europe! So something similar would be great :)

Preferred League: The top 10 or so European leagues
Predicted Finish: Probably anything in the top half, probably not the best in their league!
Financial information: Okay/Secure but flexible
Training/youth facilities: Something decent but not too fussed.

Cheers!

Hey Everyone! Recently bought FM14 and want my 1st save to be a long and enjoyable one. On FM13 i enjoyed an Austria Wien career as I could win trophies but still have a challenge in Europe! So something similar would be great :)

Preferred League: The top 10 or so European leagues
Predicted Finish: Probably anything in the top half, probably not the best in their league!
Financial information: Okay/Secure but flexible
Training/youth facilities: Something decent but not too fussed.

Cheers!

I find Swansea a fun save, Southampton and Everton are also quite fun. But they are not the most challenging save, you can win the prem in the first/ second season.

I find Swansea a fun save, Southampton and Everton are also quite fun. But they are not the most challenging save, you can win the prem in the first/ second season.

Thanks for the comment mate! Think I might go with a similar team but leaning towards a foreign one.

Thanks for the comment mate! Think I might go with a similar team but leaning towards a foreign one.

Schalke are good. Some good youngsters. If you want a tricky but equally fun one then i'd suggest Athletic Bilbao cos of their traditions.

Schalke are good. Some good youngsters. If you want a tricky but equally fun one then i'd suggest Athletic Bilbao cos of their traditions.

Cheers! I do like the look of Schalke, with their young players and the fact they aren't too far off the top. Also considering Gladbach or maybe Braga in Portugal as they've never won the title!

I'd love a "sleeping giant" club on the European stage.
Preferred League: Just please no England/Spain/France/Italy/Germany, I'm tired of them, to be honest. I'm kinda interested in a smaller country that has a potential to challenge on the bigger stage in the Champions/Europa League.
Financial information: I'd prefer that they not be nearing financial ruin, but yeah.
Expected position: Not even really a factor.
Training/youth facilities: I would love some great youth facilities, so I can bring up my own youngsters.

Oh and no Ajax, I love Ajax, but I've been there and done that with them in FM 2012 and this year's game, sooo yeah.

Eh actually I don't want to manage in Portugal or Holland either.
And no Russia, ew, too cold for me.

IFK Gothenburg are a bit of a sleeping giant. It would be very difficult to win the Champions League with them but I reckon the Europa League would be achievable, with a bit of luck in the draw.

Here are my suggestions:

Red Star Belgrade - Won Champions League 1991 and Club World Cup, since then, no major success in European Competitions. They have excellent youth school and one of the best fans in the world Delije Sever.
Steaua Bucharest - Won CL 1986, they have good players (Iancu, Stanciu etc.)
[h=3][/h]

Anderlecht? former cup winners cup and Uefa Cup winners, and the Belgian league is really enjoyable.

How is it enjoyable? o:
Any other suggestions?

I've been playing as Sint Niklaas who started in the Belgian Third Division so it might be partly down to the fact I've brought the club up myself, but I've found it alot of fun in the league as the Pro League has a unique format that means the title race is normally decided in the last 2-3 matches of the season. Normally there's been up to 5 clubs challenging for the majority of the regular season, normally dropping down to a straight fight between us and Anderlecht once we hit the Championship Group.

Also there's a winter break and a break between the end of the regular season and the start of the Championship Group which helps keep players fit, which is definitely needed as you'll end up with 2 games a week on a regular basis if you start to advance in Europe.

The Belgian League might be more enjoyable if you start as a lower club and get to discover everything in the Pro League and then have Anderlecht pushing you in the League once you reach the top.

I've been playing as Sint Niklaas who started in the Belgian Third Division so it might be partly down to the fact I've brought the club up myself, but I've found it alot of fun in the league as the Pro League has a unique format that means the title race is normally decided in the last 2-3 matches of the season. Normally there's been up to 5 clubs challenging for the majority of the regular season, normally dropping down to a straight fight between us and Anderlecht once we hit the Championship Group.

Also there's a winter break and a break between the end of the regular season and the start of the Championship Group which helps keep players fit, which is definitely needed as you'll end up with 2 games a week on a regular basis if you start to advance in Europe.

The Belgian League might be more enjoyable if you start as a lower club and get to discover everything in the Pro League and then have Anderlecht pushing you in the League once you reach the top.

Hahaha, yeah. I've noticed how interesting the JPL's set-up is from the feeder clubs I've had there in the past. xD

Back