What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

Hey guys, i just bought fm 2014 and currently im trying to manage AFC Wimbledon. I managed to get a striker on a free and another few players but after being at the top for a few rounds my team seems to be dropping like flies, and i am certainly not having fun.
im looking for an english team to manage, not the top teams. something from championship to league 2.
looking for underdogs who can get me renown enough to get to manage a team like tottenham in 2 or 3 seasons.
i dont know what team to pick so what do you guys think?

Highly recommend playing Venezia (Series C/1A), it's an extremely debt ridden club with huge expectations (used to be in Serie A 10 years ago lol), poor stadium, poor training and youth facilities, and you have to sack most of your team after 1st season = amazing challenge. You start with awful transfer budget but high payroll budget. Won automatic promotion in season 1 by 1 point, avoided relegation in season 2 via relegation playoffs, and won automatic promotion into Serie A in season 3 by 4 points.

Last edited:
Preferred League: England -Championship or lower.
Financial information: stable and above
Expected position: Mid Table and Above
Training/youth facilities: Decent youth facilities

It would also be nice to have a young player in the squad capable of staying in the first team throughout his career as i progress. An example being last year Schniederlin captained my Southampton team to the champions league having started at the club in league 1

Preferred League: Any European league
Financial information: Stable
Expected position: Mid-table and towards champions league
Training/youth: Decent

I would like a squad with a few decent players who I can make into a top side

Preferred League: Any European team
Financial information: Stable
Expected position: any
Training/youth: good

Lowest league with good fan base

Just loaded up a new game with England (top 2 leagues) Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal and Turkey (top division). I want a side who is not the biggest club in their league but has the potential to be a big European side

Back to playing fm after a long time. Used to be addicted to fm 11 ad 12 but a hectic last year (studies) made me miss fm 13. Finally some free time after 2 years.
I want to play with a champions league team in any of the top european leagues which can go on and win the domestic title with a bit of hardwork (the team should not be overwhelming favourites to win though).
Schalke maybe?
Atletico?
Liverpool?
Suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

started with Lyon after getting bored of winning every thing with the big teams. Seems to be a fun game until now battling with sugardaddys like PSG and Monaco and with other rivals like Marseille and Saint Etienne. I highly recommend them.

Hi guys...
should I be---
1. Liverpool:- b'coz of Suarez, mid table. But I feel its gonna be too easy as this squad is too good.

2. Schalke:- How tough is this save( note that I don't spend too much, maybe a youngster or two)??

3. Roma :- same querry as in point 2 above.

I bought fm 14 in november but still haven;t been on a long save...

Thanks

Cheers

Hi guys...
should I be---
1. Liverpool:- b'coz of Suarez, mid table. But I feel its gonna be too easy as this squad is too good.

2. Schalke:- How tough is this save( note that I don't spend too much, maybe a youngster or two)??

3. Roma :- same querry as in point 2 above.

I bought fm 14 in november but still haven;t been on a long save...

Thanks

Cheers

Roma should be a decent challenge.

Valencia or Athletic Bilbao ??

with Valencia, i ll have the new stadium coming in 2017.. so im excited about that and theres a good possibility of building a championship winning team.

with Bilbao, i ll have the scope of building a squad of home-grown players, but I just did a Roma save where I adapted to that philosophy, so i dunno how much I would enjoy that ...

Any advice ??

Hey guys, i just bought fm 2014 and currently im trying to manage AFC Wimbledon. I managed to get a striker on a free and another few players but after being at the top for a few rounds my team seems to be dropping like flies, and i am certainly not having fun.
im looking for an english team to manage, not the top teams. something from championship to league 2.
looking for underdogs who can get me renown enough to get to manage a team like tottenham in 2 or 3 seasons.
i dont know what team to pick so what do you guys think?

Wolves.

Hi, I don't have any intention to play outside major leagues. I prefer EPL and Man U.

Hi Guys,

Im looking to do a one team, long term save, with a story to accompany it, as all my stories before have been about moving clubs etc! I would like to start with a lower league team and look to build and create a legacy with them.

I have a couple teams in mind, either Torquay or Sant Andreu(Spanish B3), but before I start a save/story I'd be keen on hearing any other ideas for teams? I will also look at fallen giants that are playing in their countries lowest division.

Appreciate any thoughts. Many thanks. :D

Everton (already done one with them but the save got deleted, loved it) or wigan???
The only prem team id do is everton any other shouts for some decent champ/ league 1 teams or shall i stick with everton???

Hi!
I'd like to play some lower-league team in France but I know nothing about French football. What is the most fun-to-play team in French lower leagues (starting with Ligue 2)?

Hi!
I'd like to play some lower-league team in France but I know nothing about French football. What is the most fun-to-play team in French lower leagues (starting with Ligue 2)?
You should try playing with Paris FC 2000 or Strasbourg, i think they're both in third tier of french football.