What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

Nation: Any
Division: Lower the better
European Competition: No
Media Prediction: any
Board Expectation(s): any
Transfer Budget: Not important, but not broke.
Wage Budget: As above
Finances: Good
Other: Good juniors. Reserves team.

Picking up FM14 on friday when I get paid. Played FM11 a fair amount (50 hours according to steam). So after playing a bit to get my feet wet I am looking for a club that...

Nation: Any (Prefer Major European nation, and England is fine.)
Division: as low as I can go and still get promoted to a higher league
budget: not dead broke, but does not have to be wealthy.

Just want to go to a bad team and build them up to a good team.

Preferred League: Dutch Eredivisie, Belgian or England
Financial information: Some budget to get some talented young players
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc) Mid-table
Training/youth facilities: Don't mind

Picking up FM14 on friday when I get paid. Played FM11 a fair amount (50 hours according to steam). So after playing a bit to get my feet wet I am looking for a club that...

Sporting De Gijon, second league in Spain.

I'm now in 2022 with this team and won everything (even the championscup

Look no further than Hamburger SV (HSV) in Germany's first division (or second division if you download LFC Marshall's update that is available here on the forums). Even if you get into the first division you have to contend with Bayern, Dortmund, big-spend Wolfsburg, Leverkeusen, etc. Very competitive and fun league. Also pays to know their history... in the early 80s they were one of the best teams in the world if not the best. They were winning everything and unofficially the precursor to the 80s Liverpool side which was based heavily on their philosophies as they dominated Europe with amazing flair much like the Scousers did).

Also Holland is always class. I like teams like Sparta and Groningen FC and had successful saves on both them too.

If all else fails? The basque club Bilbao has restrictions on who you can buy so you can focus on youth/longevity.

Good luck/hf and kudos for holding out until now. The game has only been good for a few months since the last update

XD

Hey guys, really struggling to find a team. I have my ongoing game with my team, Rangers, now in scottish premiership and champs league. Now the problem is i just cant decide on my next adventure, been looking around forums for inspiration but just not happened. I preferably want a team with good youth/training facilities as i generally look to build from within. Also i like to build domestically(so a team full of home grown players).

Thanks in advance for hopefully getting my FM game back on!!

Look no further than Hamburger SV (HSV) in Germany's first division ...

Also Holland is always class. I like teams like Sparta and Groningen FC and had successful saves on both them too.

If all else fails? The basque club Bilbao has restrictions on who you can buy so you can focus on youth/longevity.

Good luck/hf and kudos for holding out until now. The game has only been good for a few months since the last update

XD

Thanks!

Actually broke down and bought it tonight - playing my first test game as Sailsbury City F.C. Money is tight and I trust the boardroom that they know what they are doing and not putting us into administration, however even with seven players in the rotation out hurt, after 4 games I am 2-1-1 and in 9th place in the Skrill Premier. Wasn't able to sell any players, but got some expensive dead-weight out on loan. Hopefully I can do well in the cup seasons or get a promotion so the finance screen isn't as dire.

and most importantly, It is a blast! Will test out those teams in the future.

Preferred League: Dutch Eredivisie, Belgian or England
Financial information: Some budget to get some talented young players
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc) Mid-table
Training/youth facilities: Don't mind

KV Mechelen

Hi i'm looking for a lower division team doesn't matter wich country and what budget , but the must have great youth and trainning facilities

Looking for a decent Brazilian side to be or one of the better teams from one of the smaller leagues in Europe. Or even a side from an obscure non European league. Not too bothered about finances etc as long as it's a fun save.

Looking for a decent Brazilian side to be or one of the better teams from one of the smaller leagues in Europe. Or even a side from an obscure non European league. Not too bothered about finances etc as long as it's a fun save.
Celtic? PSV? Botafogo? Ancherlet? (sp)

Celtic? PSV? Botafogo? Ancherlet? (sp)

Done PSV on the last patch and it was probably the most fun I've had playing FM14. I'll have a look at Botafogo and was actually thinking about Anderlecht as they have a few good youngsters. Not sure about Celtic though would that not be too easy?

getting back in the game and I want a team that will keep me playing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Done PSV on the last patch and it was probably the most fun I've had playing FM14. I'll have a look at Botafogo and was actually thinking about Anderlecht as they have a few good youngsters. Not sure about Celtic though would that not be too easy?

Try St.Mirren then. Same league, but establishing yourself for 1st against Celtic and Rangers (When they come back up!)

Celtic is very easy if you just look at it from the league perspective, they don't have any real competition in the SPL (even Rangers stand very little chance now). I'm average at best at this game and I finished my first season with Celtic with over 100 points. On the other hand, getting anywhere in the Champion's League is quite challenging with a team like Celtic. Maybe you can get through the group stage if you draw an easy group but good luck beating teams like Real Madrid, Man United, Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea, FC Bayern etc. Personally, I didn't really enjoy dominating the league then getting crushed when I faced a half decent team in the CL, so I quit that save but maybe you would like the challenge.

Last edited:
getting back in the game and I want a team that will keep me playing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I would go with Ajax, as it's the first long save I've managed to keep since Bath in fm12. Good enough squad to win the league, can make one **** of a profit from selling players. Good enough funds, brilliant academy, board just want you to win the league.
In my 5th season with them now, winning the CL 3 times in a row and looking for a 4th if I beat Barcelona in the quarters, not bored of it yet!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Hello. I'm looking for a team in any of the mojor leagues, with prefferably one or more young stars that would be good right from the start of the game. The team should contend for the top 7 places in its league, but it shouldn't be clubs like Barca or Bayern. I would also like a club that would need improvement in 1 or 2 positions.

Hello. I'm looking for a team in any of the mojor leagues, with prefferably one or more young stars that would be good right from the start of the game. The team should contend for the top 7 places in its league, but it shouldn't be clubs like Barca or Bayern. I would also like a club that would need improvement in 1 or 2 positions.

mayb sevilla valencia leverkusen everton villareal newcastle

Any club with good wing backs and a good AMC. Preferably smaller team near bottom of the league or division down, any country.