What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

Looking for a club outside of the BPL and Championship. Preferably lower division, but definitely within Europe.

Low, to mid-table. Not worried about finances or stadium, however I'd prefer it if the team had each position filled already.

Media predicted finish 10th and lower. Not competing in Europe either.

Preferred League: Just in europe, but not England, Italy or Spain, not a top team.
Financial information: a bit rich maybe, just not no money at all
Expected position: bottom of the table
Training/youth facilities: no worries

Preferred League: Lower leagues of England
Financial information: Have to have some money
Expected position: Mid Table
Training/youth facilities: Any

Any suggestions please
:)

Preferred League: Lower leagues of England
Financial information: Have to have some money
Expected position: Mid Table
Training/youth facilities: Any

Any suggestions please
:)

wolves sheff utd fleetwood town crawley and think its macclesfield

I want a team, who have got a decent budget and are in their ECL or EL places. Not Liverpool please. And with LFC Marshall's database. Thanks!

Any team in the mls that has a decent amount of money but mainly is fun. Want to try playing in the mls for the first time. Big names would be fun but not necessary.

Fiorentina, Villareal, Schalke or HSV?
What league is most interesting?

Hi Guys,

Really need some ideas for starting my final FM '14 save/story.

I'm open to suggestions, but don't want to manage in Italy/Germany/Spain/England/France. Ideally a country that has a good or above league reputation(preferably 3 stars + maybe 2.5 at a push), with a club that isn't to well known and that can be developed e.g new ground/youth facilities etc, but also with a national team that hasn't had much success in the Euro's or equivalent and World Cup glory, so I can aim to develop future star regens and maybe unveil the countries next superstar e.g next Ronaldo/Messi etc.

I'm currently considering bringing Boavista back to the big time and a Brazilian or Turkish lower league challenge. And have thought about restoring a fallen giant giant too.

Would really appreciate some more ideas, as I reckon I'm missing a few potential options.

Look forward to seeing what gets suggested.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Celtic, Rangers, Fenerbache (wrong spelling, I know), PSV, Feyenoord, Sporting, Atletico CP.

Preferred League: holland
Financial information: any
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc)
Training/youth facilities: good

looking to start another game in holland. Previously had a heerenveen one which was very enjoyable but deleted my save stupidly. So looking to start again however with someone different. wanting to build a fully dutch squad and develop through my facilities.

thanks

For what team should I go? Villarreal or Hoffenheim? They have no history and spent the majority of their existence in the inferior leagues. I want to be the first manager in their history that won trophies.

Preferred League: holland
Financial information: any
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc)
Training/youth facilities: good

looking to start another game in holland. Previously had a heerenveen one which was very enjoyable but deleted my save stupidly. So looking to start again however with someone different. wanting to build a fully dutch squad and develop through my facilities.

thanks

Ajax

Hi Guys,

I'm open to suggestions, but don't want to manage in Italy/Germany/Spain/England/France. Ideally a country that has a good or above league reputation(preferably 3 stars + maybe 2.5 at a push), with a club that isn't to well known and that can be developed e.g new ground/youth facilities etc, but also with a national team that hasn't had much success in the Euro's or equivalent and World Cup glory, so I can aim to develop future star regens and maybe unveil the countries next superstar e.g next Ronaldo/Messi etc.

I'm currently considering bringing Boavista back to the big time and a Brazilian or Turkish lower league challenge. And have thought about restoring a fallen giant giant too.

Would really appreciate some more ideas, as I reckon I'm missing a few potential options.

Sorry If I'm too late but Genk is a good team to be but might be too big a team for what you're after.

Preferred League: 2nd tier of any nation
Financial information: budget of 6+ million
Expected position: top half
Training/youth facilities: class youth facilities
good reputation aswell so can attract good young players
ON LFCMARSHALL'S MOST RECENT UPDATE

Hi Guys,

I had a fun season with Wohlen in the Swiss leagues.

Hey guys I am new here. Played older version FM 11 and 12 and decided to buy FM 14 now. Looking for a challenging team for my first save...

I did some research and Sparta Rotterdam can be exactly what I am looking for... I wanna rebuild the team from scratch, use scouts to find young beasts from around the world and bring a bunch of 18-20 years old players to the top...

Sparta is in the 2nd division, there are no foreign players limits and they have the best traing and youth facilities from the Jupiler league by far (did some research)

Can anybody tell me what their financial situation is? (transfer budget, wage budget) Also any experience with the team would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I want a team, who have got a decent budget and are in their ECL or EL places. Not Liverpool please. And with LFC Marshall's database. Thanks!

Atletico(Rebuild the squad), Napoli/Roma(Go against Juventus), Dortmund(Life without Lewandowski), I know you want Europe but Southampton is great fun with LFC's update.. 40m+ to spend :O