i'm looking to play at Vanarrama (The lowest of the 2, don't know how it works) and i'm looking for a team with good defenders for the league

i'm looking to play at Vanarrama (The lowest of the 2, don't know how it works) and i'm looking for a team with good defenders for the league

I would suggest Barnet (Conference) or Stockport (North)

been looking for a team to go for about a month now still dont have a save! driving me mad now i done this with fm14 where i only settled on a save in about the last 3 months of it being out very frustrating dont know if its anything to do with me losing interest in fm or not i dont know i must be!

someone suggest me a team with good finances or something even that being said ive tried united wolfsburg southampton all bored me after about a month

been looking for a team to go for about a month now still dont have a save! driving me mad now i done this with fm14 where i only settled on a save in about the last 3 months of it being out very frustrating dont know if its anything to do with me losing interest in fm or not i dont know i must be!

someone suggest me a team with good finances or something even that being said ive tried united wolfsburg southampton all bored me after about a month
Try Olympique Lyonnais or OM in French Ligue1 both good team , lyon has amazing youth academy but less money than OM. OM has some great players such as Thauvin , Ayew , N'koulou and Doria

Try Serie A mate alot of teams that you can build up - Fiorentina , Lazio , Udinese and teams that need rebuilt AC , Inter

Hey all, I'm really struggling to get into a save this year. I'm torn between, Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. I think I want a team that I can sell a few players early on so that I can bring in a load of youth players. I reckon I need around £20 million to get me started and just into a long term save that I'll enjoy. Any suggestions?

Hey all, I'm really struggling to get into a save this year. I'm torn between, Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. I think I want a team that I can sell a few players early on so that I can bring in a load of youth players. I reckon I need around £20 million to get me started and just into a long term save that I'll enjoy. Any suggestions?

Think all teams mentioned already get min £20mil to spend before any sales, Newcastle get £10mil but have the scope to sell the likes of Sissoko, Anita, Santon and Krul with ease.

Got quite a specific game-type in mind, but no idea who to manage.

I have tried a few different teams across all kinds of leagues and levels. The aim is this:

To produce a squad and heirarchy that is sustainable as a business, can win for seasons to come, and contains a large amount of players from its home nation. Known for its nurturing of young talent, excellent facilities and European domination. Bringing in players young and developing and selling them on whilst nurturing the very best talent for themselves. Think Barcelona without buying big names!

The vague guidelines:

Nation: Anywhere in Europe where there are at least 2 European giants to contend with in the top league - preferably not germany because of the age rules with playing young players.
Finances: Enough money to sign a few youngsters at the right level for the division (medium finances) - NO LOAN DEBTS
Division: Really don't care, Anywhere between Hereford United and Sevilla!
Current squad: Must have a fairly balanced squad (not 11 wingers, or no wingers!) squad age at the higher end of the scale is preferable as I'll be moving people on out.
Facilities: good youth facilities/training facilities are preferable but not mandatory

Chairman: Must be prepared to sign youth and develop from academy
History: Give me a reason to choose this team, its a long-term project!
Stadium: Must have a decent capacity for their division, preferably for the division above with lower teams too!

Got quite a specific game-type in mind, but no idea who to manage.

I have tried a few different teams across all kinds of leagues and levels. The aim is this:

To produce a squad and heirarchy that is sustainable as a business, can win for seasons to come, and contains a large amount of players from its home nation. Known for its nurturing of young talent, excellent facilities and European domination. Bringing in players young and developing and selling them on whilst nurturing the very best talent for themselves. Think Barcelona without buying big names!

The vague guidelines:

Nation: Anywhere in Europe where there are at least 2 European giants to contend with in the top league - preferably not germany because of the age rules with playing young players.
Finances: Enough money to sign a few youngsters at the right level for the division (medium finances) - NO LOAN DEBTS
Division: Really don't care, Anywhere between Hereford United and Sevilla!
Current squad: Must have a fairly balanced squad (not 11 wingers, or no wingers!) squad age at the higher end of the scale is preferable as I'll be moving people on out.
Facilities: good youth facilities/training facilities are preferable but not mandatory

Chairman: Must be prepared to sign youth and develop from academy
History: Give me a reason to choose this team, its a long-term project!
Stadium: Must have a decent capacity for their division, preferably for the division above with lower teams too!

Plymouth Argyle are always a decent shout.

Plymouth is the biggest city in England to have never played in the top flight of English football. Home Park holds around 16,000-18,000 depending on the sources. They have a very loyal and passionate fanbase. As Cornwall doesn't have a side, most of Cornwall support Plymouth. They redeveloped 3 sides of their stadium whilst in the Championship with hope to get into the PL, if you can get them into the Championship or Premier League they will more than likely finish the final stand, and increase the stadium to around 23-24,000. So plenty of potential. The Devon and Cornwall area has a population of 1.6m and only 3 professional clubs, Plymouth, Exeter and Torquay, and Plymouth are by far the biggest, which means that they near enough have a monopoly on youth players in that area, which works in your favour.

The squad is strong for League 2, with the starting squad you should get at least the Playoffs. Lewis Alessandra and Reuben Reid are two of the better strikers in the division and if you see them play in real life, they really are good for that league. They generally play 3-5-2 IRL, so have decent centre backs and wing backs. Luke McCormick is a solid goalie as well in League 2. For a club the size of Plymouth they should at least be in the Championship, therefore have bags of potential.

Also maybe a slightly irrelevant point, but their fans are very passionate, and pretty naughty, back when they were in the Championship, the Plymouth firm took the notorious Millwall firm apart at Home Park after a game.

For me Plymouth are a club with bags of potential for the reasons stated, good club they are.

You could always choose someone like Stockport County, another with bags of potential. Stockport has a population of 283,000, think it may be the most populous Borough in Greater Manchester after the City of Manchester itself. So it does have potential fanbase, also a lot of people in Stockport do in fact support County rather than United or City. Easily the biggest club in Vanarama North. And still they get an average gate of 3,500 in that division which is unbelievable really, Most League 1 and League 2 sides don't get that. They are now debt free on the game, but are still recovering from mismanagement. The youth facilities currently aren't great, but there's certainly scope there. You also have a good area from which your regens can come, the location means you will cover Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Leeds, and Sheffield. So around 7 million people within the catchment radius. Therefore if you can get back to professional status, and get your youth recruitment back to a good standard you will have no problem finding regens. They have a decent squad to begin with, could just do with a striker or 2, defensively they're not bad though.

Stockport look reeeally interesting.

I actually used to live in plymouth, and that does seem like an interesting threadline too. I'll have to see what their chairmen are like - I can also imagine the travelling must cost Plymouth a bomb! But I'm sure we can work that out. Thank you very much, I hadn't considered either team before!

I tend to have a thing against playing wingers before getting to the championship, I just don't see players with the technical ability, and racing past 1 legged donkeys with players who have 20 pace+accel and 3 crossing just seems like an ME breaker.

No problem. Let me know how you get on. I still only have the demo. Hopefully will get the full game for xmas, and then i'll start a long career mode, more than likely with one of these two sides. Also looking at Bari in Serie B, biggest city in the south of Italy after Napoli, they have a 58,000 seater stadium which is modern as it was built for Italia 90. Cassano came through their academy so they have a not bad youth setup.

You can follow how I get on right here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...041-animo-et-fide-stockport-county-story.html

I decided to take some advice from someone on my welcome thread and do a story. I'm really getting into Stockport as a team, with their motto and the ground, and their recent sinking from the football league to nowhere, especially given how they have been doing in real life. Determined to make them something!

Looking for a team. Came second with MK Dons, and won the JPT. Got promoted and the chairman shafted me with the transfer budget, had to sell half my team, and got annoyed and bored.

Want a team from L1 or 2 who have a bit of a sugar daddy owners.

Looking for a team. Came second with MK Dons, and won the JPT. Got promoted and the chairman shafted me with the transfer budget, had to sell half my team, and got annoyed and bored.

Want a team from L1 or 2 who have a bit of a sugar daddy owners.

Dunno about Sugar Daddy owners, But Oldham have Newcastle and Man City as Affiliates so you can get good youngsters from them

Portuguese or German league
Porto,Benfica, Leverkusen or Schalke ?

Had a really good Feyenoord save on FM14 - did around 21 seasons IIRC. Don't fancy starting a new one on this years as I don't think I'll better it from an enjoyment point of view.

If anyone has any suggestions or any personal experience of managing a team of a similar ilk i.e. in a lowly but not too lowly European league and/or have a set of decent youth/senior players that can be built upon that would be ace. Not looking for a huge challenge, just something fun that I can get my teeth into.

I was looking at RB Leipzig (I know they're not similar club wise as Feyenoord have a great history, I'm talking similar in that they seem like they could be a fun team to manage - some good youth prospects and a chance to make your own history as they're a newly formed club etc) has anyone had any experience?

Nation: England, Germany, Italy, France, Spain
Division: Top tier
Media Prediction: fight to not relegate(this is the best) / mid table
Board Expectation(s): Same as above
Transfer Budget: 5 mill plus
Wage Budget: don't mind
Finances: stable
Possibly with good facilities/ good youths or someone to make decent money

1. PSV Eindhoven
2. Ol. Lyon
3. Newcastle United

Which one and why?