Southend United was a great save for me on Fm15, ended up leaving them for Montpellier and then on to Ajax in a 15 season save, starting lower leagues always better option, then to leave for top European job !

Just looking for some suggestions as I'm still toying around with finding the "right" situation for a longer term save. I'm currently playing as Hull but have a few issues (see below). For the last few versions, I've stayed away from managing in England. I support Arsenal but don't enjoy managing them, and none of the bigger clubs (United, City, Chelsea, Pool, Sperz) interest me. I've mainly managed in Germany (Dortmund, Stuttgart), The Netherlands (Ajax, PSV, Vitesse), and Russia (Spartak and Lokomotiv). I found myself lured back to managing in England on FM14, though I didn't get a proper save going. I've been bouncing around different saves, getting a bit in, then finding my attentions lured by another club.

I guess I'm looking for the "perfect" situation, which probably doesn't exist. A club with the reptuation to attract players of reasonable quality. The right combination of existing infrastructure (talent, facilities) and potential to develop. Some money to spend. Some wages. Some existing talent and some prospects. I've mostly been looking at Prem clubs, though I would consider Championship if it had the combination. Not so much interested below that.

I've looked at / considered / used:

Hull City - decent amount of talent and some money to spend. But there are few prospects, crappy facilities, little wage room, and debt. The Europa League football helps.

Southampton - a popular pick this season for obvious reasons. Talented squad, lots of money, great facilities. I tested out a save with them and got a bit in. Oddly, the problem I found was too much money. I bought too many players and made the squad a bit unwieldly with depth prospects. With how quick players are to freak out about playing time currently, that's a nightmare waiting to happen. But definitely interested in trying another save with them.

Swansea - the club that got me to start considering managing in England again on FM14. Solid squad, money to spend, solid overall finances, and reasonable facilities. Maybe the only thing I hesitate on is a limited amount of good prospects off the start. Almost ideal but I've maybe tried them too many times as there is nothing else negative about them really. Still....

Suggestions on other English clubs I should consider and why?

Confused over these four teams:
AZ Alkmaar
SC Heerenveen
Hamburg SV
Hannover 96

suggestions??? and why??

I'm thinking of doing a career with Eintracht Frankfurt, but I haven't got the game yet, I get it next week. It would be much appreciated if someone could post a picture of the Frankfurt Squad and, if possible, the individual players as well! Thanks in advance :)

I want a team that never won too much, needs a new stadium, has a few good tutors (high determination as well as professionalism, curved shots an extra plus) as well as a few good enough players to keep in a future CL-winning team.

Last edited:
I want a save, that is in Europe, is basically guarenteed Europe every season (Under Human management) like Celtic or Olympiakos, has a bit of money to spend (3-10m), and has at least 1 youth potential star (4* or better) in the U21/U18s. :)

looking for a solid team in league 1 or 2 in england to take to the premier league. Am american, so no local allegiances. Looking for a good youth setup that will help produce players for the premier league.

favorite squad is arsenal, will be looking to play a possession style offense.

Just looking for some suggestions as I'm still toying around with finding the "right" situation for a longer term save. I'm currently playing as Hull but have a few issues (see below). For the last few versions, I've stayed away from managing in England. I support Arsenal but don't enjoy managing them, and none of the bigger clubs (United, City, Chelsea, Pool, Sperz) interest me. I've mainly managed in Germany (Dortmund, Stuttgart), The Netherlands (Ajax, PSV, Vitesse), and Russia (Spartak and Lokomotiv). I found myself lured back to managing in England on FM14, though I didn't get a proper save going. I've been bouncing around different saves, getting a bit in, then finding my attentions lured by another club.

I guess I'm looking for the "perfect" situation, which probably doesn't exist. A club with the reptuation to attract players of reasonable quality. The right combination of existing infrastructure (talent, facilities) and potential to develop. Some money to spend. Some wages. Some existing talent and some prospects. I've mostly been looking at Prem clubs, though I would consider Championship if it had the combination. Not so much interested below that.

I've looked at / considered / used:

Hull City - decent amount of talent and some money to spend. But there are few prospects, crappy facilities, little wage room, and debt. The Europa League football helps.

Southampton - a popular pick this season for obvious reasons. Talented squad, lots of money, great facilities. I tested out a save with them and got a bit in. Oddly, the problem I found was too much money. I bought too many players and made the squad a bit unwieldly with depth prospects. With how quick players are to freak out about playing time currently, that's a nightmare waiting to happen. But definitely interested in trying another save with them.

Swansea - the club that got me to start considering managing in England again on FM14. Solid squad, money to spend, solid overall finances, and reasonable facilities. Maybe the only thing I hesitate on is a limited amount of good prospects off the start. Almost ideal but I've maybe tried them too many times as there is nothing else negative about them really. Still....

Suggestions on other English clubs I should consider and why?

Not an English club, but Palermo might be a good shout. I'm in the middle of a save with them and I'm really enjoying it. They have most of what you ask for, good young players in Dybala and Belotti up front, and some decent established players in Bolzoni(CM/DM), Rigoni(CM/DM), Vazquez(CAM), Milanovic(CB), Barreto(CM/DM), Munoz(CB), Daprela(LB), Lazaar(LB) and Sorrentino(GK), you have a good spine for the first 2/3 seasons before you'll need to start improving key areas.

I did somehow manage to finish 3rd in my first season, and I'm currently 4th in my second with 11 games to go, and I'm in the final of the Coppa Italia and in the last 16 of the CL vs Schalke (1st leg away I drew 2-2). You will need to invest pretty much all your money into wingers (if you plan to play with them) in your first season - you do have a good prospect in Bentivegna(RW/LW) who doesn't look like much at first, but he has surprised me and grown a considerable amount. I managed to get Sisto and Joaquin Correa for the wings and both (mainly Sisto) have been great for me. They also have a fair amount of decent players on loan, so it's fairly easy to raise funds in the second season. Can't remember my transfer kitty but I managed to get Tielemans, Peruzzi, Ajer and then Stambouli in Jan second year.

Hope this is of some help.

looking for a solid team in league 1 or 2 in england to take to the premier league. Am american, so no local allegiances. Looking for a good youth setup that will help produce players for the premier league.

favorite squad is arsenal, will be looking to play a possession style offense.

MK Dons in League 1 maybe? I'm sure they have a decent youth setup and have a pretty solid squad for League 1 and you can't go wrong with Dele Alli in the ranks.

I would be a smaller team as then your not a good team and that way you can have a longer save without getting bored and you can work your way up. start in the England sky bet league 1/2

I'm looking at Liverpool, Southampton, and Everton to manage in EPL, but can't decide which to pick. I like the fact that they have young talent, that is already good, but also I like these teams, because they have few positions then could use an improvement. WHich of them is the most fun to get into as ? (Not a supporter of any of these teams IRL)

Really struggling to find a save that I enjoy for more than half a season ....I have done Conference , Middle to low end prem teams ( nufc , Stoke , Burnley ) , Lazio in Serie A - open to any suggestions

I've started with Gateshead, first season quite easy to win conference, however second season in league 2 is a real challenge, not much funds and hard to attract any players with any real quality, all in all a very good interesting save!! ... Thinking of starting another as a head coach not a manager, letting directors of club handle transfers, see what the outcome is!

For anyone whos looking for a team that youve got to make your own with not much money in the premiership i suggest Stoke city

You can deicide to sell shawcross and begovic and give yourself some money to spend and bring in a few young stars for the future, or keep your two stars and aim for a good cup run to build your finances up

The league you prefer - Europe (lower leagues)
The finances - Good

Want to manage a national side, not a top one like Spain or Germany however not a minnow. Preferably a side between the ranks of 20th-50th in the world, and it would be nice if they had a couple of good youngsters or one really good player.

Want to manage a national side, not a top one like Spain or Germany however not a minnow. Preferably a side between the ranks of 20th-50th in the world, and it would be nice if they had a couple of good youngsters or one really good player.

USA perhaps? They always seem to get good regens on all of my saves too