White Vaart Lane!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Tehkid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 7K
The reason arshavin's was delayed was because he couldnt get to Arsenal. If you remember we were having the (not that big) 'Big Freeze'. All the paper work between the 2 clubs were done

ahh yes i remember this now, my bad =]

Well - it did, because we couldn't hand in the paperwork until we agreed personal terms etc. which is what he had to come to us for, and couldn't get there in time...

Its not as if there was a 2 month transfer window in which you had to sign him? You were after him for ages,(Unlike us, as VDV just cropped up) and left it too late, I hear that all the paperwork wasnt in, and he doesn't have to be there to do it, theres this contraption called a...FAX MACHINE :O.

I doubt this will happen tbh.

Hope it happens I like Spurs as a football team they play good football Bale and Lennon very exciting players, Also hope Keane gets a look in this season as we need him fit for the Euro qualifer's, If you get VDV I think he could be the difference in you going far in the Champ League a bit like Snedjier and Inter

Interesting. If you played a 4-3-3, then your best striker is Defoe, we'd assume. Whilst he's small and not exactly a hulking beast, there is nothing wrong with a small target man. Oliver Neuville completely redesigned the role of the target man at Leverkusen. However, if you're playing as a small target man you need to have either good creative skills (think Rooney) or great off-the-ball movement (again, see Neuville). We know that whilst no passing mug, Defoe is never going to be a passer in the mould of Totti.

So you'd hope that he can produce some great off-the-ball movement to go with his finishing and pace. I haven't studied Defoe enough to confirm or deny whether he is cut out for this role, but seeing as he's a agile and has a good footballing brain, I don't see why not.

Of the other options, I get the kind of feeling from Spurs fans that you don't quite trust Pavlyuchenko? Which is fair enough, I mean, he's been more inconsistent than David James' haircuts. However, he fits the mould a bit better for a traditional target man. He's big, he's strong enough, he can finish well. Crouch, on the other hand, may be big but he's shockingly weak for someone who looks like a mutant stick insect. He's a handful for defenders, but can easily be muscled off the ball. Backup at best, I reckon.

Keane's an interesting one. Would fit in well playing a Rooney-esque deeper role in a 4-3-3, but I fear he's no longer got "it" at the very highest level, as well as his finishing being slightly circumspect. No great pace, either, nothing in his locker that will worry a defender immensely.

This player can add to any team in the prem and I don't really think formations will be a problem except maybe against top 4 teams away. And at a supposed 8m it is what David Dickinson calls 'cheap as chips!! Considering Milner(yes, sort of proven in the prem) cost 24m and we paid the same for Cuellar/Reo Coker etc any1 complaining about this(if it does go through) is bonkers!

Looking forward to him in the prem along with others like Hleb(again) Gyan and Villas' new signings.............oh, we didnt buy anyone :S

Has it been confirmed yet? Cant find anything to suggest it has. If it goes through it will be a massive step in the right direction for us. For the price we get him for and the wages it is in fact a bargain of a buy if you compare it to how much Sunderland forked out for Gyan.

Harry will shuffle it up in the midfield but concerned about not signing the target man the fans were calling out for. We now probably have the best midfield to select from in the premier league.

Has it been confirmed yet? Cant find anything to suggest it has. If it goes through it will be a massive step in the right direction for us. For the price we get him for and the wages it is in fact a bargain of a buy if you compare it to how much Sunderland forked out for Gyan.

Harry will shuffle it up in the midfield but concerned about not signing the target man the fans were calling out for. We now probably have the best midfield to select from in the premier league.

Still think City, Chelsea, United and Arsenal have better midfields tbh.

This player can add to any team in the prem and I don't really think formations will be a problem except maybe against top 4 teams away. And at a supposed 8m it is what David Dickinson calls 'cheap as chips!! Considering Milner(yes, sort of proven in the prem) cost 24m and we paid the same for Cuellar/Reo Coker etc any1 complaining about this(if it does go through) is bonkers!

Looking forward to him in the prem along with others like Hleb(again) Gyan and Villas' new signings.............oh, we didnt buy anyone :S

thats an expensive bag of chips

Van Der Vaart has never impressed me when playing for Holland & I haven't seen enough of him at Madrid to give an appraisal of his club form, so a guess it's wait & see how he performs, IF the deal goes through. That being said, Nando's form for Spain has been fitfull, but as everyone knows, he's always shone for us - so there's hope for RVDV !

To be fair Spurs have just got into the Champions League and have managed to get a great signing, they may have a huge amount of mid-fielders now but VDV for around £8 million is great business.

Really hope this deal goes through. Would love to see the following repeated at WHL :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKiJLvOlXpQ"]YouTube- Rafael Van Der Vaart - Backheel goal ![/ame]

im sorry but to me this is bollocks. 6pm yesterday was the deadline yet Spurs are being given special dispensation and for what? its bollocks.

ohhh, so this means I was right last night, and Max and CJ were both wrong? <)

But you knew ****-all lol and were guessing, we were told last night that we had handed everything in. :P

yeah, the only other times it has happened if i remember correctly is that season where we had terrible snow and it made travel for players impossible.

We're not even the only club in this window to be waiting for clarification.

im sorry but to me this is bollocks. 6pm yesterday was the deadline yet Spurs are being given special dispensation and for what? its bollocks.

Dispensation because there was technical problems, probably wont go through anyway, we dont get special treatment.

Back