Who Needs Mourinho?

• Thread starter Thread starter Luarez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 121
  • Views Views 33K
Transfer Window

View attachment 364381

I felt in the summer i made a mistake by not bringing in 1 or 2 more players, so this window i actively looked to bring in some quality players that were going for reasonable prices.
Here's who i decided to buy...

View attachment 364383 View attachment 364384 View attachment 364386

Lee Roe - He looks like he's going to be a big player, he looks as if in the future he could definitely challenge Luke Shaw for a spot in the England side.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - I saw the release clause in his contract and i felt like it was a very good price for him, he's probably going to be John Terry's replacement.

Leighton Baines - In my opinion he's the best left-back in Europe, he's great from set-pieces which mean's he's a goal threat, he also creates a lot of chances which is something Ashley Cole doesn't really provide.

The only player that left the club was Ryan Bertrand, he left on a load deal to Stoke with an option to buy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 2013

View attachment 364395

This month was so congested, however the fixtures didn't look tough with only really Spurs and Everton i felt could really cause us any problems.
Here's the fixtures...

View attachment 364400

Chelsea vs Southampton (2/1/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 364401

A great start to the month and definitely one of our best performances of the season. Scoring 7 goals in 45 minutes is just immense.
Man Of The Match - Juan Mata

Chelsea vs Reading (5/1/13) FA Cup

View attachment 364403

Such a disappointing result, the month was already congested and the fact we had to play a replay is just annoying.
However we only had ourselves to blame as we should easily be beating a team in the Championship.
Man Of The Match - Demba Ba

Swansea vs Chelsea (12/1/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 364404

Most disappointing result so far, defensively we were absolutely shocking and we beaten at half-time to be far.
I was also disappointed at our reaction as we have a fairly determined squad but we still only managed to pull back one-goal.
Man Of The Match - Robert Lewandowski

Chelsea vs Aston Villa (15/1/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 364417

It was imperative that we responded well to the last result as another loss could of badly affected our morale.
We did exactly what we needed to in this game, we got an early lead and built on it quickly as we effectively ended the game before half-time.
Man Of The Match - Eden Hazard

Everton vs Chelsea
(20/1/13)Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 364423

This is a great result as Everton are looking very strong this season, they're impressive at Home and look good for 4th.
However we dominated the game and took our chances when we were presented with them.

Reading vs Chelsea (23/1/13) FA Cup

View attachment 364425

Not as easy as it looked, it took us a while to take the lead but once we did we looked a lot more comfortable.
Reading also caused us a lot more problems than they should but thankfully they didn't take their chances as well as we did.

Sunderland vs Chelsea (26/1/13) FA Cup

View attachment 364431

Simple win really, we absolutely dominated midfield as can be seen in the Action Zones.
Thiago has proved to be a great signing for us as he performed immensely once again, thankfully we didn't have to go through another frustrating replay.
Man Of The Match - Thiago

Tottenham vs Chelsea (30/1/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 364437

We were very fortunate in this game, Spur's seemed to be on top throughout the game.
We scored at very good times however as we scored early which gave us a boost and then late on which ended Spur's chances of gaining a point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Of The Month

View attachment 364444

With 4 goals and 4 Man Of The Match performances it was hard to look beyond Hazard, he's probably our best player and he's definitely living up to his price tag.

Goal Of The Month

<[video=youtube;kpUjil9oShs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUjil9oShs[/video]

Hope you enjoy this update, it took ages to write :)

I was out all day yesterday so i couldn't post, but there will be an update today!

This is so good can't wait till next update!

P.S how comes Lamela has only scored once!

February 2013

View attachment 365202

After many congested months February looked good, however even though the month only consisted of 5 games compared to 8 in January they're were still some very important games to play.
Here's the fixtures for February...

View attachment 365203

Chelsea vs Man Utd (2/2/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 365204

Such a disappointment to lose to a title rival in this fashion, Man Utd shouldn't have won this game.
We had almost three times as many shots as them and still lost 2-0, however goals win games and not shots or possession.
Man Of The Match - David Luiz

Chelsea vs Norwich (10/2/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 365206

Norwich didn't really trouble us apart from the penalty, we were fairly dominant possession wise and we also had a lot of in the ball in Norwich's half which meant they were no threat to our goal.
Man Of The Match - Robert Lewandowski

Chelsea vs Middlesbrough (16/2/13) FA Cup 5th Round

View attachment 365208

Expected to win by a bigger margin but i can't be too disappointed with the performance as we dominated stat's wise. This win see's us progress to the 6th round of the FA Cup.
Man Of The Match - Romelu Lukaku

Celtic vs Chelsea (19/2/13) UEFA Champions League Second Round 1st Leg

View attachment 365209

The scoreline flattered in this game, although we did extremely well to score four goals after going one down early on in the game. I'm fairly confident we have secured our place in the Quarter-Final after this great win as the 4 away goals will be too much for Celtic.
Man Of The Match - John Terry

West Ham
vs Chelsea (27/2/13) Barclay's Premier League

View attachment 365210

This was such a frustrating match, we just couldn't seem to score as we hit the post at least twice and also Lewandowksi missed an open goal. Thankfully though Eden Hazard pooped up and scored the vital goal to give us three points and push us further towards Premier League Success.

Here's the League Table for February...

View attachment 365730

Player Of The Month

View attachment 365211

His performance against Celtic which included two goals was enough for me to name him February's Player Of The Month.

Goal Of The Month

[video=youtube;ndK-P-PnXs8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndK-P-PnXs8[/video]

It's not the best goal you will ever see, but the quality of the goals was fairly low this month.
Hopefully we can score a screamer or two next month!

Last edited:
Good update again, the youth intake is pretty unlucky but hopefully the keeper can fulfill his potential!

Good update again, the youth intake is pretty unlucky but hopefully the keeper can fulfill his potential!
I already have Courtois so it doesn't matter too much if he flops...

Awesome so far, I'm a Chelsea fan so I will continue to follow this!

Awesome! Can't wait for the next update. Also, you forgot to do a table for February so can you include the table for march

Awesome! Can't wait for the next update. Also, you forgot to do a table for February so can you include the table for march
I've updated the post and put the league table in :)

Back