Who's going to Uni next year?

• Thread starter Thread starter *Jones*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 153
  • Views Views 8K
good luck to anyone going! i finished at bath spa university in 2008 with a 2.2 in education and media communication, hey im not the brightest, but i had a ****** good time at uni, and despite the debts, i had more fun there than any other point in my life :) bath was an awesome place, well reccommend it, and uni generally! :)

I'm staying in Glasgow or round about to do Aeronautical Engineering at a Master's Degree.

Might go to Heriot Watt it's really good for engineering and it's only outside Edinburgh so I can get the train to Glasgow don't want to dingy my mates

Sounds a really interesting course, good luck with it!

Going the year after the next. I have good grades so im aiming around the top. I think i want to go Nottingham, Warwick, Bath, Bristol, Birmingham or Manchester.

I'm staying in Glasgow or round about to do Aeronautical Engineering at a Master's Degree.

Might go to Heriot Watt it's really good for engineering and it's only outside Edinburgh so I can get the train to Glasgow don't want to dingy my mates

I'm studying at Strathclyde, and all my pals that stayed at home instead of halls/flats regretted it. Every single one.

Taking a gap year and will hopefully be applying for Physics next year. :)
You're taking a gap year?:O
This is the last year that won't be affected by the new rules about fees.
Got an offer for physics at Manchester university so hopefully i'll be going there.

Last edited:
Brighton or Bournemouth for me. Most likely Bournemouth.

You're taking a gap year?:O
This is the last year that won't be affected by the new rules about fees.
Got an offer for physics at Manchester university so hopefull i'll be going there.

Screwed up my exam last year, didn't see a point in applying with grades far worst than I could get and going for the sake of it. Besides, there has been a huge influx of applicants this year, so it'll be easier to get in next year and there will be less competition for graduate goods. Under every cloud, eh?

Physics at Manchester though, awesome well done! Have you done the Unit 4 exam then (If you're on AQA), how'd you find it?

Screwed up my exam last year, didn't see a point in applying with grades far worst than I could get and going for the sake of it. Besides, there has been a huge influx of applicants this year, so it'll be easier to get in next year and there will be less competition for graduate goods. Under every cloud, eh?

Physics at Manchester though, awesome well done! Have you done the Unit 4 exam then (If you're on AQA), how'd you find it?

A lot of friends are doing this actually. Some of my friends with "average" grades are going to wait a year. Simply to get into a better course/university.

Cheers. Not on AQA myself, i'm on OCR.
Our unit 4 test was fine though. Newton's laws, circular motion and thermal physics.
How was yours?

Cheers. Not on AQA myself, i'm on OCR.
Our unit 4 test was fine though. Newton's laws, circular motion and thermal physics.
How was yours?

AQA Unit 4 is different then. It's circular motion, momentum, fields and simple harmonic motion. The exam was pretty easy. Only made one mistake I think, used s=vt rather than s=vt/2 :/ And screwed up the impulse question, other than that was all good.

to be honest you wont keep in touch with them much while at Uni, you will meet new people.

I'm going into my 4th year at UTS (University of Technology, Sydney) doing a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BScIT for short ;)). So I have this year, and the I will probably stay for one more semester and I'm done.

I'm studying at Strathclyde, and all my pals that stayed at home instead of halls/flats regretted it. Every single one.
There is a chance I've probably bumped into you at some point XD

Mulling over whether to do a masters at UCL or King's College next year, anybody here at/been to either?

Mulling over whether to do a masters at UCL or King's College next year, anybody here at/been to either?
My friends sister goes there and she only says great things about it.

Accepted my unconditional to Edinburgh for the MMath course. Next 5 years of my life have now been signed away!

Accepted my unconditional to Edinburgh for the MMath course. Next 5 years of my life have now been signed away!

5 year course for Maths?! Is this with a work placement or something?

Back