Just (kinda) seen this in another post, but has anyone tried re-training a very offensive 'winger' style player into an effective wingback with this formation?

I saw in another thread that Wkdsoul's team of the year had put Sane at left wingback (even though he hadn't played there).

If implemented properly, this could give the tactic a huge attacking boost with the potential for better dribbles, passing, crossing and shooting gained by a naturally attacking player.

I imagine as long as the player had acceptable levels of;
positioning
off the ball

They would still make the necessary interceptions and runs back... I honestly don't know how important tacking/marking are - perhaps it would just give away more fouls and penalties?

This could greatly help vs the very negative/defensive teams that often produce the 0-0/0-1s... ?

Would love to hear ideas and feedback on this.

Cheers guys!

Just (kinda) seen this in another post, but has anyone tried re-training a very offensive 'winger' style player into an effective wingback with this formation?

I saw in another thread that Wkdsoul's team of the year had put Sane at left wingback (even though he hadn't played there).

If implemented properly, this could give the tactic a huge attacking boost with the potential for better dribbles, passing, crossing and shooting gained by a naturally attacking player.

I imagine as long as the player had acceptable levels of;
positioning
off the ball

They would still make the necessary interceptions and runs back... I honestly don't know how important tacking/marking are - perhaps it would just give away more fouls and penalties?

This could greatly help vs the very negative/defensive teams that often produce the 0-0/0-1s... ?

Would love to hear ideas and feedback on this.

Cheers guys!

I'm going to try this as I think it could work. I went from some very fast WBs with high work rate to some much better all rounders and have noticed a decrease in performance. Definitely think pace/acc and work rate make this role as it means they can quickly return to defensive position when opposition try to exploit wings

Let me know how you get on!!

I've got two saves going using this tactic, but neither currently has the players to transition as they're three years in and I haven't been buying wingers as they're not needed. But I'd love to know if it works!!

Good luck!

Is there a list of goalscoring players for this as i am struggling sometimes to get my AM's to score more than one goal a game if that .

View attachment 83682View attachment 83681View attachment 83680View attachment 83679View attachment 83678View attachment 83677View attachment 83676eView attachment 83675
He is a beast as AM but can play as SS also, on first 2 sessions i had him i was using Goodbye. This last session i used WOF for most games and GOODBYE direct for away hard games. He been my best player so far , as you see 3 times in a row Best Player in World. I think shoots from distance is a very good PM, he just sends each Tomahawk lol . I've had tryed to the others front players i have to learn but not all succeed.

Last edited:
View attachment 83644since going to this just look at the results !great and you were right about Lemar he has smashed in a shed load since i used the tactic from the derby game !!

can anyone reccomend a few good players for the top 3 positions please i have Lemar countinh firmino salah but looking for more goals

For me: Lemar, Kuki from Malaga, Luan from Gremio, Pulisic from Dortmund, Amiri from Hoffenheim and Oyarzabal from Sociedad.