Only just got round to buying FM16 after getting bored of donating for 50+ years on my FM15 save.

Tried for two seasons to produce a tactic that worked but run into similar problems most people have already brought up. Don't really like downloading tactics so early on but such is my frustration.

Playing as Malmö so don't have the best players or financial resources available, makes this tactic a tad harder to execute, first game I dominated possession but ended 0-0. Didn't get many shots away.
I'm sure with training and familiarity it'll be a success from the looks of it.

my only gripe is when I download a tactic, I like for it to feel believable, for instance the tactical instructions and roles to combine into what seems a legitimate real life tactic.

I just don't get the feeling with this (the player roles, the approach being 'contain', the lack of instructions) is it a genius tactic (that makes sense) or is it just a result of trial and error to get the better of the ME?

Genuinely asking and no slight on TFF as he's a brilliant contributor

TFF creates his masterpieces to beat the ME not to replicate real life tactics.

What's the dreamteam for the balanced ?

Neuer
carvajal
S.ramos
Kompany
Alaba
busquets
Pogba
iniesta/modric
neymar
messi
cr7

am i right?

Only just got round to buying FM16 after getting bored of donating for 50+ years on my FM15 save.

Tried for two seasons to produce a tactic that worked but run into similar problems most people have already brought up. Don't really like downloading tactics so early on but such is my frustration.

Playing as Malmö so don't have the best players or financial resources available, makes this tactic a tad harder to execute, first game I dominated possession but ended 0-0. Didn't get many shots away.
I'm sure with training and familiarity it'll be a success from the looks of it.

my only gripe is when I download a tactic, I like for it to feel believable, for instance the tactical instructions and roles to combine into what seems a legitimate real life tactic.

I just don't get the feeling with this (the player roles, the approach being 'contain', the lack of instructions) is it a genius tactic (that makes sense) or is it just a result of trial and error to get the better of the ME?

Genuinely asking and no slight on TFF as he's a brilliant contributor

This year if you don't like downloading tactic you should be able to be better than ones who usually did.
Actually there are no tactics around that exploit engine, corners or other things like that so it's all about studying to find the weakness in opponent team and find the strenghts in yours.

For example: i play as F.C Internazionale with Conqueror Tact against juventus and everytime i lose 3-0 4-1 or even worse.
Then i try to listen to the advice of my assistant and i craft a tactic that counter juventus strenght (deep defensive line, more organized, no offside, less possession but more direct passing) and i win 5-2.

I found that this year is more easy to win with your own tactic than ever, you've just to adapt a good base tactic to your players.

Hey guys,

Been playing FM 2016 for 620+ hours, with both Galatasaray and Karşıyaka, trying out this new Wrath v1 tactic now, it seems very good quality.

My squad with Galatasaray is like this:

GK-Fernando Muslera (switch to 5* potential korean guy)
FBL-Douglas Santos
FBR-Calabria
DC-Riedewald and Marlon
DMC- a regen named Cahit
CM supp-Wilshere
CM att- a regen named Murat
WGL- Tielemans
WGR- Odegaard
ST- a regen named Vilakazi

Seems to be working great, even though the average age of my team is only 23 (without Muslera, 21,5). My youngest are Cahit(17) and Murat (18). Murat has 16 technique, 17 pass, 16 decisions, 17 flair, 19 teamwork, 17 vision, and a lot of other 13's and 14's and he's only 18, I love him <3

This season I'm shooting for semi finals in CL.

This year if you don't like downloading tactic you should be able to be better than ones who usually did.
Actually there are no tactics around that exploit engine, corners or other things like that so it's all about studying to find the weakness in opponent team and find the strenghts in yours.

For example: i play as F.C Internazionale with Conqueror Tact against juventus and everytime i lose 3-0 4-1 or even worse.
Then i try to listen to the advice of my assistant and i craft a tactic that counter juventus strenght (deep defensive line, more organized, no offside, less possession but more direct passing) and i win 5-2.

I found that this year is more easy to win with your own tactic than ever, you've just to adapt a good base tactic to your players.

It's not about using a tactic to exploit the engine. It's about having a tactic that defines how you want to play. I don't agree that you have to adapt a tactic to suit the players that you have. I don't see real-life managers doing that! All managers have their own tactic & their own way of playing & then the players have to adapt to that tactic. If not, then they're shown the door!

For example ... Jurgen Klopp with Liverpool. Do you think that he adapted a tactic for the players available?! NO!! He instilled his philosophy / tactic / formation in the players & they are learning to play the Klopp way. We have all seen the difference he made (pressing etc.) & there's no doubt, with new players who are better suited to his tactics, Liverpool will be much better next year. Another example ... Guardiola. Do you see Guardiola adapting a tactic for the players he has available? NO ... again. I don't need to elaborate further.

Regarding the assistant advice - then you might as well leave everything in his hand & do nothing! What sort of manager does everything that his assistant tells him to do?! I tried to follow the assistant's advice on a couple of occasions & they all ended in losses! And I had a very good assistant! The game would be too easy if you follow all the assistant's advice & always win in my opinion. And I don't think the guys behind FM want to make the game that easy!

So, in my opinion, each manager should have a tactic / formation / philosophy which they like to use & implement that on the team - definitely, not vice-versa!

I've just done the 1st season with Napoli, won Serie A and EURO Cup

Did you change anything at away games?
And what about set pieces?

Στάλθηκε από το GT-S7710 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

TFF creates his masterpieces to beat the ME not to replicate real life tactics.

I don't agree with you. In my opinion, there isn't a single tactic that can beat the ME of FM16.

I use & like TFF's tactics & I can say that most of them produce wonderful football. Maybe they're not created to replicate real life tactics but they're definitely very very close to some real life tactics out there in the football world!

Hey TFF,

Can u add Team Instruction SS please?!?

TFF, i always follow your tactics but this time i think maybe your testing could be looked at again or redone

i've tried testing WRATH myself a few times and i'm not finding the same results as conqueror v12 with man marking

conqueror v12 is my favorite tactic this FM, maybe i need to keep trying wrath but i'm really happy with conq

could you maybe show the difference in points/GD from your testing of conq v12 to wrath v1

Now I'm in two minds! Wrath or Conqueror?!! I'm starting a game with Weston Super Mare in the Conference South. Aiming to get them all the way to the Prem...

Last edited:
It's not about using a tactic to exploit the engine. It's about having a tactic that defines how you want to play. I don't agree that you have to adapt a tactic to suit the players that you have. I don't see real-life managers doing that! All managers have their own tactic & their own way of playing & then the players have to adapt to that tactic. If not, then they're shown the door!

For example ... Jurgen Klopp with Liverpool. Do you think that he adapted a tactic for the players available?! NO!! He instilled his philosophy / tactic / formation in the players & they are learning to play the Klopp way. We have all seen the difference he made (pressing etc.) & there's no doubt, with new players who are better suited to his tactics, Liverpool will be much better next year. Another example ... Guardiola. Do you see Guardiola adapting a tactic for the players he has available? NO ... again. I don't need to elaborate further.

So, in my opinion, each manager should have a tactic / formation / philosophy which they like to use & implement that on the team - definitely, not vice-versa!

I disagree that managers should always have a predefined tactic/formation/philosophy in mind. In my opinion, there's more than one ways to go about creating a tactic. The two main ones being: creating a tactic based on player suitability (as far as roles and positions) or having a predefined tactical concept in mind when deciding how to play. An example of the latter approach would be Mourinho's tactical style (4-2-3-1 with holding/controlling midfielders and if possible inside forwards) - he has been utilizing this system at most clubs he's managed. Other managers are known to create more flexible tactics based on player material or, in some cases, adapting to your opponent. Ronald Koeman comes to mind. Another example would be van Gaal, who deviated from the classic 4-3-3 "Dutch school of football" philosophy by changing his formation to a 5-3-2 system (greatly improving his chances of winning) during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Obviously there also exists a large middle ground between these two approaches. One can have a predetermined system in mind, but tweak it extensively to specific player suitability. Guardiola has done so with the Bayern squad: while he generally employs a characteristic formation & philosophy, he has changed the formation (4-3-3 to 4-1-4-1) to bring the best out of his players.

Having a high quality squad means that implementing a predefined philosophy will be easier compared to a lower quality squad, as players will generally be more intelligent and well-rounded resulting in higher adaptability. This holds true for both real life football and FM. It's up to you (as the manager) to decide to which extent you will tweak the many fantastic tactics shared on this board, in relation to your squad. That is also what makes this year's edition of FM so much fun, since there hasn't really been an unbeatable plug&play tactic around, meaning we are forced to invest in tactical optimization aka using your brain.

Few games and still haven't won, not even scored... Not sure on this one so far... Not enough goals in the tactic

Regarding the assistant advice - then you might as well leave everything in his hand & do nothing! What sort of manager does everything that his assistant tells him to do?! I tried to follow the assistant's advice on a couple of occasions & they all ended in losses! And I had a very good assistant! The game would be too easy if you follow all the assistant's advice & always win in my opinion. And I don't think the guys behind FM want to make the game that easy!

Thats the way I like to play.
I like to play a certain way and if my players dont like it then I sell them and buy players to suit my tactic and thats how the game should be played, In my opinion.