we are in the final

06409-75dea4ed-fa06-4415-a07d-dd7617545a67.png

Great test.

What would happen if you used same CA MCR and MCLs, both tests they are left footed for MCL and right footed for MCR, but in one they are 20/1 and another they are 20/10? I am really curious if the MCL and MCRs need to have some degree of reasonableness on the opposite foot or not

On this thread I have reviewed v5 balanced with Liverpool and Bishop's Stortford. This time I have taken Whitehawk an tested v5 attacking.

What I have done follows the same rules dictate on the other posts.

The background: I decided to simulate season 1 and take the job of a sacked manager as when I consider a long term bottom to top save that is what I usually do.

Anyway I have largely stuck to a similar CA to that of what I had at Bishop's. In both cases I believe the first half of the season averaged at 65-70 CA and following November 75-80 CA. For the majority of the season the attackers at Bishop's averaged a higher CA as they begin with some good players.

With Whitehawk the attackers were a little below that but by November or so I had brought some in as many wouldn't negotiate to start with until the average CA rose. The defence were very similar.

Competitions overview - gutted about the FA trophy
View attachment 160847

League overall - It scored 10 points higher. Scored 8 more and conceded 5 less. (As I predicted VERY similar) I think 10 points is quite high for only 8 more scored and 5 conceded personally.
View attachment 160846

Home record - was much much better with this tactic, unbeaten at home and only dropped 6 point all season here.
View attachment 160845

Away record - again very good as you would expect from the overall result. However this did score 1 less point that balanced did away with a GD that was 7 goals less.
View attachment 160842

Results from the first half of the season
View attachment 160840

And then the second half - The squad was far better at the point and results reflected this
View attachment 160838

Possession/Pass accuracy once again perfection - no change here.
View attachment 160835

FA Cup - third round was very impressive, notice the EASY run
View attachment 160834

FA Trophy - this was gutting, red card at half time and then throwing it in extra time.
View attachment 160833

So there you go, make up your own mind, I believe testing conditions were of course not perfect but they were close enough to compare accurately.

As I predicted the points total, the goals scored and conceded were very similar.

I actually preferred v5 attacking because they are both so solid defensively I feel like the attacking bonus is more useful that a little more defence and there were less games in which we failed to score. I found that attacking version had more players that were available to score. In the balanced version you are really relying on your striker.

TFF, if you are playing with the attacking version, based on new findings is it important to look for a DLP capabale to using their righ foot and a BBM their left foot?

Or since the DLP effective plays deeper than the BBM it doesn't matter?

Last edited:
superMike, yours amr and aml does not score for u? who scored the most goals for u?

superMike, yours amr and aml does not score for u? who scored the most goals for u?

With balanced my main scorer was always the Striker with some from the AMR/AML.

With attacking the striker scored less AMR/AML scored slightly more but the AM also scored a lot of goals and the MCR contributed more by doing one-twos with the AMC meaning I could rely on more goal scorers.

With balanced my main scorer was always the Striker with some from the AMR/AML.

With attacking the striker scored less AMR/AML scored slightly more but the AM also scored a lot of goals and the MCR contributed more by doing one-twos with the AMC meaning I could rely on more goal scorers.

ok mate, i am playing with the balanced version and my striker and my amr and aml has scored 73 goals. i only play with the attack version when i play vs the 3 weakst team in my league

ok mate, i am playing with the balanced version and my striker and my amr and aml has scored 73 goals. i only play with the attack version when i play vs the 3 weakst team in my league

That's good. I think the attacking tactic proved more successful as both times my team averaged about 10 CA points higher than other teams.

That's good. I think the attacking tactic proved more successful as both times my team averaged about 10 CA points higher than other teams.
yeah, lol we have got 2 version that we can play with.

TFF, if you are playing with the attacking version, based on new findings is it important to look for a DLP capabale to using their righ foot and a BBM their left foot?

Yes, the same goes for the Attacking version.

Btw, it isn't a new finding for me I just decided to bring more attention to this and show people how important it might be. Heh, I've been saying it for very long time already :

DCL should be left footed or he should have at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the left foot
DCR should be right footed or he should have at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the right foot

DL should be left footed
DR should be right footed

The striker should have "Fairly Strong" rating for the weak foot

and so on...

Mate, testing tactics in the lower leagues it's like scoring a goal when you play football with your friends for fun and then thinking that now you are ready to join Barcelona or Real Madrid. ;)

It's possible to smash the lower leagues with any default tactics from the game because in the lower leagues AI managers are so poor and players are so poor that they aren't able to exploit any weakness in your tactic so they are like whipping boys that don't fight back.

If you really want to test any tactic then I suggest that you pick the weakest team in the strongest league in the game such as LIGA BBVA or English Premier League and try to win these leagues 2 times in a row(of course, without re-playing any match and of course you can buy players to strengthen your team) because if you win it only one time then it might be just luck so to be sure you need win it 2 times in a row and when you achieve that believe me only then you'll get knowledge about the strength of the tactic. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, the same goes for the Attacking version.

Btw, it isn't a new finding for me I just decided to bring more attention to this and show people how important it might be. Heh, I've been saying it for very long time already :

DCL should be left footed or he should have at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the left foot
DCR should be right footed or he should have at least "Fairly Strong" rating for the right foot

DL should be left footed
DR should be right footed

The striker should have "Fairly Strong" rating for the weak foot

and so on...

Mate, testing tactics in the lower leagues it's like scoring a goal when you play football with your friends for fun and then thinking that now you are ready to join Barcelona or Real Madrid. ;)

It's possible to smash the lower leagues with any default tactics from the game because in the lower leagues AI managers are so poor and players are so poor that they aren't able to exploit any weakness in your tactic so they are like whipping boys that don't fight back.

If you really want to test any tactic then I suggest that you pick the weakest team in the strongest league in the game such as LIGA BBVA or English Premier League and try to win these leagues 2 times in a row(of course, without re-playing any match and of course you can buy players to strengthen your team) because if you win it only one time then it might be just luck so to be sure you need win it 2 times in a row and when you achieve that believe me only then you'll get knowledge about the strength of the tactic. ;)

I understand that. In all honesty I found both of them fantastic and couldn't see either outscoring the other by more than 10 points in identical conditions!

So how do the two tactics compare for you.

From what I have experienced the difference isn't huge, but if you are telling me the balance is definitely better that's goo enough for me!

guys do u think that i should buy lewandowski?

mate he got weak foot for the if position

AMR should be left footed or he should have "Fairly Strong" or "Strong" rating for the left foot

Gaitan is left footed mate, so he is playing in the right position

Gaitan is left footed mate, so he is playing in the right position
mate is right foot is weak, the amr should be left footed or he should have farily strong or strong raiting for the left foot, i would also recomend that u need to buy zivkovic, he realy good and cheap for the amr position