XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you may know I've been working on an effective 4-2-3-1 tactic. I think I've done it. Had a very very very successful season with my Juventus team in the 2nd season (which carried on from the 4-1-2-2-1 tactic that I have posted earlier). I made a few transfers, however those transfers were mainly to add depth to my team because I had to play in the Champions League (which I also won). It didn't transform the Juventus team into a Barcelona.

Anyway here goes.

Formation:

juventustacticsoverview.png

League Table:

serieaoverviewstages2.png

Fixtures:

juventusfixturesfixture.png

As you can see only lost 1 game (v Real Madrid). However played v Man City twice, Barcelona twice, Inter Milan 5 times, AC Milan twice, Real Madrid once, Man Utd twice and Arsenal once without losing.

Star Players:

arturovidaloverviewattr.png

angeldimaraoverviewattr.png

mateokovacicoverviewatt.png

miloskrasicoverviewattr.png

mirkovucinicoverviewatt.png

leandrodamiooverviewatt.png

Some games of interest:

juventusvudinesestatsma.png

bolognavjuventusstatsma.png

Download links: XeNoN's 4-2-3-1 v1.00 (Juventus, Jun 2013).tac
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lupwbc

This is purely a plug and play tactic. You can let the assistant do everything outside the tactic like I do or do it yourself. Also pitch size standard is what I used.

Players to use:

GK-A goalkeeper
Full Backs- Any attacking kind of full back who can defend too. Doesn't really matter tbh.
RCB - ball playing
LCB - A defending defender. Last line of defence.
DMC - A defensive midfielder. Has to destroy and tackle and make simple passes. Vidal was brilliant in this position.
CM - Links defence to attack. Has to pass well. Basically a playmaker. Do not assign a playmaker though in the tactics.
AMC - The amount of key passes this position makes is sublime. This needs to be your assister. I'd imagine that Iniesta would kill everything in this role.

AMR/L - Any type of winger. Whether inside or not it doesn't matter. Di Maria and Krasic were my L and R wingers. Not really inside forwards are they? But even when I played Vucinic in L he was brilliant and he's a right footer. So yeah any type of winger.

ST- Finisher. Fast. Also does link up with the midfield sometimes. If he has decent creativity and passing that's also a plus.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Looks good Xenon, I' think i have a team to try this certainly, i'm playing a 4-5-1 at the min, with one Anchor and the Two MC playing as roving AMC;s going forward.. this'll make an nice switch up.,

Looks good Xenon, I' think i have a team to try this certainly, i'm playing a 4-5-1 at the min, with one Anchor and the Two MC playing as roving AMC;s going forward.. this'll make an nice switch up.,

I hope it works well for you!

Downloading this immediately. Can't wait to try it--your previous tactic is the best I've used!

I love your tactics for one reason; the incredible balance between attack and defense. I always use your tactics as a base then make some tweaks so it suits my team. Absolutely love it. *Likes op.

5 pre-season matches in. Goals scored: 30 conceded: 3

Playing as Arsenal. Will report in with screenshots later on.

Gonna try it with Arsenal, and FC Nantes. Let you know soon

Will give this a try with PSG tomorrow. I know it'll probably be an "easy" game, but they have the perfect squad for this. Gameiro upfront, Nene & Menez on the wings with Pastore in the AMC position. Loved your 4-5-1 (despite me hating the formation ;) ).

Will give this a try with PSG tomorrow. I know it'll probably be an "easy" game, but they have the perfect squad for this. Gameiro upfront, Nene & Menez on the wings with Pastore in the AMC position. Loved your 4-5-1 (despite me hating the formation ;) ).

Yeah the 4-5-1 is not a great formation. Even I dislike the formation. But I cannot begrudge the fact that it is effective. It works and it wins! I hope you'll get both results and joy from this tactic though!

Quick question: Is the 'Target Man' box under set pieces supposed to have the striker in it? Or do I just leave it blank?

Using this tactic RVP is even better than IRL. Preseason 6 games 15 goals 3 assists. Continental+League 4 games 10 goals.

Looking really promising.

Definitely gonna give this a go. but in my first season with malaga, i am third and there are onlya couple of months to go. so i would rather not change tactics. but then i think i can go for it in the next season as i want 4231. so can you recmomond a striker other than leandro damiao?? i need one atm to suit this tactic. thanks xenon.
cheers!

with krasic and di maria did most of their assists come from ground crosses or daimaio winning air balls? thanks

Started using it mid-season and was brilliant. Scored for fun and was tight at the back, but now, it seems stale. I can't create many CCC's when before, I created 3-7+ in a game vs the big teams, now I struggle to create 2+ vs mid teams...

This is all in the span of around 3 months.

Great results with Arsenal for me. after 10 games, i'm 3rd in the league with just one defeat at home against Man Utd 0-2. But the defense is so strong with it.
I try with FC Nantes now

Nice to see so many of you having success with the tactic!