Does the left CM play like a Box to Box Midfielder or can a playmaker type player play there?

Xenon, quick question. I've been using your 4-1-2-2-1 a lot lately, but one thing that I always wonder about is why you have maxed out closing down over the entire pitch? Wouldn't defense be better if they didn't chase the ball all over the pitch? Also, the maxed creative freedom and roam from position on strikers hasn't really paid off for me, playing lower rep teams like Leeds/Leicester (even in 2016 when I'm doing consistent CLs). I'm not trying to trash your tactic or anything, on the contrary I'm having plenty of success with them, but it's just one of those things that I can't help myself from tweaking on, since I don't understand IF or WHY it works :p Want to share some insight on this?

Added question:

Wingers as Inside forwards or advanced playmaker types?

Allright ;) Guessing you don't want to go into the closing down thingie. Guess I'll just have to trust you on it :p

Thanks for some great tactics, mate.

For some reason i just don't find the movement of this tactic attractive at all. However, i honestly cant complain a the results speak for themselves. I haven't actually lost any matches at all and i am winning comfortably.

The only criticisms are that only one striker does most of the scoring- although tbh he gets chances like every game in abundance. Also, the movement isn't the most stylish.

As for the pros....i will upload some screenshots tomorrow which will speak for themselves rather than me ranting on about it.

I would suggest anyone looking for a reliable and effective 4-2-4 to use this one NOW!

For some reason i just don't find the movement of this tactic attractive at all. However, i honestly cant complain a the results speak for themselves. I haven't actually lost any matches at all and i am winning comfortably.

The only criticisms are that only one striker does most of the scoring- although tbh he gets chances like every game in abundance. Also, the movement isn't the most stylish.

As for the pros....i will upload some screenshots tomorrow which will speak for themselves rather than me ranting on about it.

I would suggest anyone looking for a reliable and effective 4-2-4 to use this one NOW!

I suppose it is strange because the 4 forwards play on the line and little one twos gets players through on goal. But then again it does the job and wins more than any other tactic I've made!

Im playing this tactic with chelsea

and i dont know what types of players the striker in this formation is?

castillavvecindariostat.png

My first league game with Castilla! 9 ccc's.

I am using this in conjunction with your 4-1-2-2-1 which gives me a superb balance of staying strong at the back and having some attacking power when I need it. Nice to have options. I usually follow that approach and develop two of my own tactics using these approaches / formations, but have not had the time to put in this year.

Thanks for the hard work

Can anyone post screenshots of league tables? Just curious as to how many people concede. And whether you're first or chasing in the league using this tactic.

Thanks.

I am using this in conjunction with your 4-1-2-2-1 which gives me a superb balance of staying strong at the back and having some attacking power when I need it. Nice to have options. I usually follow that approach and develop two of my own tactics using these approaches / formations, but have not had the time to put in this year.

Thanks for the hard work

Thanks a lot

View attachment 211938

This is from my current season with Leicester (2nd Season), and as you can see, I am conceding a lot.
Currently playing with Schmeichel (GK) Digne (DL) Tolòi (DCL) Martial/Muniesa (DCR) Pantsil (DR)
Central midfielders are Mutch, Geis and Cigerci. Granted, they are rather young, and haven't been fully developed yet, although they are all at a acceptable PL level (3-4 stars in rating in their respective positions). Also fairly all-round.

So, I am conceding a whole lot more than what I did with Xenons 4-1-2-2-1, but I'm also scoring a whole lot more. I usually manage a 8-12th place in my first season in PL (done it hundreds of times with Leeds/Mboro), so yet it isn't paying off as much. I do believe this tactic is better for a team with top-tier players in all positions though, as it clearly is more offensive than the 4-1-2-2-1.
I might give an update when I'm done with the season, so we'll see how it is by then. The tactic did win me CCC, so it's clearly working. Just not sure if it's better for me than the 4-1-2-2-1 yet.

Playing as Man United, just won the treble. 32 wins, 6 draws. 110 goals scored and only 15 conceded. Fantastic stuff. :)

Dont know how to do that in FM. :D

Edit: Got it!

2ikz6a.png

Last edited: