Dont know how to do that in FM. :D

Edit: Got it!

Not bad good season! did you buy any players?
2ikz6a.png

No, not really. Eriksen is the only one i brought in, but its more of a long-term signing (im trying to convert him into CM). Also, since i wanted to be realistic i had Vidic and Fletcher out injured for the whole season.

Can you help me out here? Got 17 chances/match vs. 8 for the opponent. 4 CCC and 22 corners. Possession is over 60%... And my defence manages to concede a goal/match. This has been the same for over five matches now... What's wrong? My strikers aren't bad at all (Soldado, Sturridge and Jonas)...

Last edited:
Can you help me out here? Got 17 chances/match vs. 8 for the opponent. 4 CCC and 22 corners. Possession is over 60%... And my defence manages to concede a goal/match. This has been the same for over five matches now... What's wrong? My strikers aren't bad at all (Soldado, Sturridge and Jonas)...

Probably down to confidence and fitness.

Probably down to confidence and fitness.

I've tweaked it a little bit. Defence line a little lower, little more crosses and less creative freedom. Seems to work out at the moment. Also, since my defenders were lacking in pace i've removed the close marking...

my chelsea team for 2013-2014 went unbeaten in the Premier League with this tactic

Hi - anyone had any experience of this tactic becoming less effective? im 1 season and a half in and its not as clinical

Hi - anyone had any experience of this tactic becoming less effective? im 1 season and a half in and its not as clinical

I find it's consistently clinical BUT I'm in the process of improving the tactic in a v2. Preliminary testing going well.

Cracking tactic. Absolutely bossing everything with Man United (and I know it's easy, before somebody sarcastically dubs me the king of FM, I'm just pants at this game.) Terrifying prospect trying to replace Giggsy in that MCL slot though, nobody I have right now even comes close!

Cracking tactic. Absolutely bossing everything with Man United (and I know it's easy, before somebody sarcastically dubs me the king of FM, I'm just pants at this game.) Terrifying prospect trying to replace Giggsy in that MCL slot though, nobody I have right now even comes close!

Glad you like it

I used it w/ Sparta Rotterdam, after I got promoted to the Eredivise. It worked like a charm in the first season, I finished 4th.

My second season (2013-2014) is confusing, I am really struggling in the league, but oddly enough in the UEFA Cup I easily qualified from my group (trashed Lazio 4-1 at home, got 4 points against Stuttgart).

I tried to vary it with your 4-3-2-1 tactic, but for little difference.I understand that AI gets used to the tactic, and there is little to do about it except looking for another one that is compatible with the squad. Alternatively, if anyone countered this "lapse" effectively, I'd love to hear it.

I tried to tweak it by moving the mentality of the forwards (1 notch upwards LFW, 1 notch downwards RFW) and it seemed to help a bit.

Any advice?

The bottom line: thanks for this solid tactic, it is really thought through and balanced, working for a weak and cash-stripped team like Sparta.

I used it w/ Sparta Rotterdam, after I got promoted to the Eredivise. It worked like a charm in the first season, I finished 4th.

My second season (2013-2014) is confusing, I am really struggling in the league, but oddly enough in the UEFA Cup I easily qualified from my group (trashed Lazio 4-1 at home, got 4 points against Stuttgart).

I tried to vary it with your 4-3-2-1 tactic, but for little difference.I understand that AI gets used to the tactic, and there is little to do about it except looking for another one that is compatible with the squad. Alternatively, if anyone countered this "lapse" effectively, I'd love to hear it.

I tried to tweak it by moving the mentality of the forwards (1 notch upwards LFW, 1 notch downwards RFW) and it seemed to help a bit.

Any advice?

The bottom line: thanks for this solid tactic, it is really thought through and balanced, working for a weak and cash-stripped team like Sparta.

Don't know what to tell you. Plugging and playing usually works. I wouldn't have changed anything.

I've just started a save with Juve and I'm using a small pitch! I'm unbeaten and totally trouncing everyone