Y.Toure agrees Prem Switch

The wages will get payed and thats all players care about at the end of the day

zeb, do you think liverpool plan to bring in ANY players ianhall mentioned a swap deal for toure, but is anything like that possible?

Makes sense financially. In club's accounts the cost of a player is divided by the length of his contract and then reduced by that amount every season he stays at a club - that gives his book value. So take Torres for instance, six year contract (in total) and halfway through it. Let's say he's triggered enough add-ons to take him up to costing £20 million. His book value would be £10 million. Sell him for more than that and the club accounts will show a profit.

Off top of my head, can't recall Mash's details but any cash offered above his book value would count as profit to the club and could be used however the owners see fit - and profit in the player account (that's the fictional single bank account where players costs are all toted up) has already been confirmed by Purslow as going towards paying down debt, and has done for the past two seasons with no net spend - new contract for someone means less money to spend on someone else. A player replacing Mash would also not diminish the asset value of the club (depending on valuation of said player) and new manager wouldn't need funds to replace Mash. Win-win all round for the owners as Mash is also wanting an expensive new contract and was rather fond of Senor Benitez.

Reason I think it's bollocks is this - there was a transfer embargo placed on the club internally until Rafa's sacking. So Purslow has had hours to sort this deal out. Unless this was something which he was doing with Rafa's say-so. Or the rumours about Purslow acting on his own authority and that's why Rafa was kicking up a stink at him going behind his back are true.

Honestly not sure. Just trying to be honest so that the Reds on here can get a glimpse of just what's been going on behind the scenes. I'm personally, and without having any direct line to the board, expecting a number of our top players to leave this summer and to see the board come out with 'failed expectations under Benitez' as the excuse. I'm also expecting it to happen before a new manager is appointed.

We'll see I guess.

Zebedee if Liverpool sell Torres and Gerrard for £100 Million in the summer will they reinvest it in the squad?

Zebedee if Liverpool sell Torres and Gerrard for £100 Million in the summer will they reinvest it in the squad?

Personally, I think that if there's £100 million made this summer then Tom and George will pay off RBS the money RBS wants, and then get the financing for the new stadium and won't be shifted til they've milked us dry.

They've made some changes to the 'rules' governing the club very recently (not checked myself so hearsay etc etc and not sure when exactly) which seems to indicate that they've now made it that they can't be removed as directors of the club by the other directors and given themselves permission to raise money by issuing shares for the club for another five years.

*shrug*

Anyways, Toure. If I were him I'd have been doing my utmost to go to Chelsea. He's a cracking player whose just fallen out with the Barca hierarchy. He'd do a very decent job for Arsenal too, but then I'm guessing fallout over his brother puts the khybosh on that one.

I've watched 90% of Barcelona matches this year and I truly hope Toure is coming to Man Utd. He'd be a fantastic signing. Fingers crossed its us

the way the yanks are running the club is terrible how they passed the premier league's fit and proper test is a joke

the way the yanks are running the club is terrible how they passed the premier league's fit and proper test is a joke
They've also put their other Sports team into administration, some american football/hockey or something team.

Hopefully Rangers (H) kiddon i think he could go to either top 4 side ? it will be a suprise imo lol

Yaya Toure's agent Dimitri Seluk believes the midfielder could be part of the deal to bring Cesc Fabregas back to Camp Nou.

The Barcelona player had been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City, captained by older brother Kolo.

Seluk insisted last week that a deal had already been agreed with an un-named English club, but now says his client could form part of the Fabregas deal.

Interest

He told Rac-1: "There's a lot of interest in the deal (for Toure).

"Arsene Wenger likes him and Arsenal are interested.

"If the conditions are good, everything can be finished soon.

"He could come into the Cesc deal and Barca and Arsenal are struggling to come to an agreement.

"Everything has changed with City, because they talk a lot but then afterwards they don't appear to be a rich club but rather a bankrupt one." (6)

Meanwhile, the Catalans confirmed on Monday that they have slapped a €35million (£29m) price-tag on Toure, something which Seluk last week insisted was too high.

While Barca president Joan Laporta is resigned to letting Toure go, he feels Arsenal must be prepared to do the same with Fabregas.

Privilege
He said: "If a player of this characteristics, who also has the privilege of being Arsenal captain, announces to the club that he understands his time there has come to an end and he wants to continue his career at a club like Barca...

"I always want players in my club who want to be there and they should have that commitment.

"If a player shows legitimately that he does not want to be at Barca, immediately I open the doors and defend the interests of the club, but I try to reconcile them with those of the player and the buying club."

Toure joined Barca from Monaco in 2007 and quickly became an integral part of their side, patrolling the area in front of the back four.

He has landed six major trophies during his time at Camp Nou, but has recently fallen down the pecking order.

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Toure agent hints at Fab deal

Basicaly the moral of the story is, don't believe anything the agent says.

I love the way Toure hasn't joined any PL club yet, this is just rumours and speculation with the agent trying to get more interest and push his price up, he may not even move this summer.