Yossi Benayoun seals Chelsea switch

the last player to score a hat-rick against malta was Stefan Iversen in 2007, since then they have played such teams like Iceland twice, Portugal twice, Austria twice, Denmark twice, Hungary twice, Cezh Repuplic, Sweden, Bulgaria, Finland and Germany and no hat-ricks againt them in these games.

A hat-rick at International level is massivly impressive regardless of the opponenet.

and thanks for stating i could have scored a hat-rick NunoPeixinho but i play the holding role these days so i dout it haha.
You list the countries, but the fact is that Malta did not do well vs most of those countries, they lost 3-0 Etc, like Vs Germany when Cacau scored two, a hat trick was bound to come along. But it just so happened to be that tool that scored :)

Not what most people were saying when Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick against Blackpool was it?

How many appearances has Benayoun made at Chelsea? Twice as a substitute? Living the high life (Y)

What were most people saying?

I for one was watching Match Of The Day and was impressed with the way he took all 3 of his goals. The same can't be said about Benayoun as I didn't watch him play, but that's besides the point. All he did was give an update on a Chelsea player, not go on about how awesome he played to score the hat-rick. Only then would it be fair to say, hang on a minute, it was against Malta (No disrespect but not the greatest team). The reaction from GodCubed was over the top and unnecessary.

Lastly, what does Benayoun's appearences for Chels have to do with it?

I for one was watching Match Of The Day and was impressed with the way he took all 3 of his goals. The same can't be said about Benayoun as I didn't watch him play, but that's besides the point. All he did was give an update on a Chelsea player, not go on about how awesome he played to score the hat-rick. Only then would it be fair to say, hang on a minute, it was against Malta (No disrespect but not the greatest team). The reaction from GodCubed was over the top and unnecessary.

Cjackos post had one aim, that was to get an reaction from liverpool fans and to annoy people. the fact people rose to it, is another matter, to see he, me, you and every one else on this forum knows an hattrick against malta is nothing, if he wanted to glorify the hattrick amongst chelsea fans, there is a social group for that, that is the place to glorify nothing achievements for chelsea players. ffs if rooney, Nani, valencia and utd player score an hattrick tonite, i would be ashamed if it was glorified in a thread over his switch from liverpool.

This is what people were saying:

Arsenal are surely going to win the premier league after beating the worst team in the league with 10 men. brilliant.

And why can't Walcott do this in the games that actually mean something!?

No suprise there, all the Gooners jumping back on the Walcott bandwagon...

Because he still needs to learn alot. Its alright doing it against the smaller teams but when you can do it against the big teams then you know he has stepped up.

no one on here said it, many people who are Arsenal fans i know are already braggin about it and how Walcott is all of a sudden the best player in the Premier League again.

And because the thread is to do with Benayoun's move to Chelsea, and a lot of people are wondering why he left, with a couple of Chelsea fans saying that it was to get more first team football, which he's not getting atm 8-|

And what the last person said about provoking a reaction.

And because the thread is to do with Benayoun's move to Chelsea, and a lot of people are wondering why he left, with a couple of Chelsea fans saying that it was to get more first team football, which he's not getting atm 8-|

Who said he was going to get more first team football?

i belive his pretty tricky and will beat people and really knows how to finish. more than likely he will start most games on the bench, but its not a bad name to have on the bench.

he started games the season before. last season he started like 2 game and rest sub appearences so i wouldent call him a consistant starter

where will he fit in, with essien and mikel fit, we wont need him?..

because he won't play, and we'll have to pay 8 million for a benchwarmer! I'd keep Joey Cole.

Not one post backs up your point.

Who said he was going to get more first team football?

Not one post backs up your point.

All of the posts i quoted backed up my point about Walcott....

EDIT:

Sorry JDY, i didn't read your quotes, i thought you'd re-quoted what i did, in fact you haven't.
So i owe you an apology, because actually Chelsea fans admitted that he wasn't going to get 1st team football, though CJACKO bought up the point that he should've started week in week out for 'pool, and it seems the liverpool fans were unhappy at his leaving for trophies, money and first team football, because he left "because of benitez" who wouldn't play him enough.

Last edited:
imo..has opened his account for Chelsea last week,certainly looks a different player than at Liverpool but cant see him starting 2 much with our Quality packed Midfield

he should have been starting week in week out for liverpool, with chelsea our side is much stronger and has much more ability so he will have to wait. i think he just wants to win trophys simple as that.

imo..has opened his account for Chelsea last week,certainly looks a different player than at Liverpool

Wtf? He looks a different player because he scored in an 6-0 routing of Wigan, because he never did anything of any significance at Liverpool, or score :S

All I was doing was registering surprise that this is considered news. It's hardly news for a half-decent player to smack three past a team of amateur footballers (+ Mifsud). If you want over the top and unnecessary, I'll happily supply:

OOOMMFFFGG WAT R U SAYING YOU PEECE OF **** BENAYOON IS A ***ING DISGRACE HE LEFT LIVERPOOL 4 CHELSKI 4 TEH MONEYS ND HES NT LOYAL AT ALL AND HES SOME **** PLAYER ANYWAYS YOU ***** OFC HE WUD SCORE AGINST MALTESERS THEY'RE ALL **** STOP TALKING 4EVER YOU WANKSTAIN!!!11!/1111!!one!1

Now that is over the top.

(And childish, I admit it. :p)

Wtf? He looks a different player because he scored in an 6-0 routing of Wigan, because he never did anything of any significance at Liverpool, or score :S

Obviously not, he says Benitez did not treat him well,he could be true for all you know

imo..has opened his account for Chelsea last week,certainly looks a different player than at Liverpool but cant see him starting 2 much with our Quality packed Midfield
A different player? He's played what, two/three games for Chelsea off the bench, Benayoun was fantastic for a lot of his Liverpool career

CJacko11's comment seemed to have stirred a whole host of people. still, at least the hot debate been good natured.

A different player? He's played what, two/three games for Chelsea off the bench, Benayoun was fantastic for a lot of his Liverpool career

Yeah and thats why he wanted to leave:wub:

No,I really meant that he is playing differently and in a new style,

CJacko11's comment seemed to have stirred a whole host of people. still, at least the hot debate been good natured.

Yeah, I think unleashing the RAEG over Yossi Benayoun scoring a hat-trick against Michael Mifsud and some sheep would be a little over the top even for FM-Base. :p

Out of curiosity, how?

I cant really recite it off the top off my head...I remember reading several articles such as one on zonalmarking.net...Cant say the way he is playing is good to watch but it certainly is effective for the team

It was who? Malta? Who the?

I can't believe this ****. Leaving the club for money in his pocket, and also to win trophies that will be bought. He was playing week in, week out. He got injured and was sidelined. He never returned to full fitness then left with the excuse of "cos of Rafa Benitez". What a first-class *******. I wonder if Bosingwa will be karate kicking him now?
Can i just get this straight. He's a **** because he's leaving for a club that will pay him more and where he's more likely to win trophies? oO)

Can i just get this straight. He's a **** because he's leaving for a club that will pay him more and where he's more likely to win trophies? oO)

I agree with this...anyone yself included if we were in his shoes would have done the same thing so lets not all get righteous

I agree with this...anyone yself included if we were in his shoes would have done the same thing so lets not all get righteous

You two are missing the point, it's not why he left. It's how.

Jesus, just me posting that he scored a hat-rick has got this much replys. I posted it mainly for the Chelsea fans on here if im honest. If i wanted to stir up **** with pool fans i would have said ''ex pool player benayoun'' etc etc. Also fair enough if Yossi was a striker but he isen't, and im pretty sure pool fans would be chuffed if Gerrard scored a hat-rick against Malta because he is a midfielder.

Im estonished that people have reacted the way they did on here its borderline a joke.