Yossi Benayoun seals Chelsea switch

August 23rd 2010
Benayoun claims his current bit-part role is no different from that he played during his early Liverpool career and he is confident of proving himself at Stamford Bridge, just as he did at Anfield. He said: ‘I know I can do it; I did it before in my career. When I arrived at Liverpool, I knew I had to wait on the bench and try to change games and now I’m also doing it for Chelsea.

August 23, 2007
ISRAELI international Yossi Benayoun is already questioning his future at Liverpool. Benayoun only moved to Anfield in the summer from West Ham and is already fed-up with manager Rafa Benitez’s rotations policy. “If Yossi won’t be involved enough, we will think of moving to a medium-sized team,” Benayoun’s agent, Ronen Katzav, said.

August 23rd 2010
Benayoun joined Chelsea from Liverpool in the summer ‘When you come to a big club you need to be patient, there are a lot of quality players, but I just want to prove that I deserve to be here every chance that I get.
‘It’s always a good feeling to get your first goal for a new club, but the most important thing was the win,’ said Benayoun.

Jul 11, 2010
Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool. There is only one reason — Rafa Benitez. He never treated me with the respect I deserved. If I played well, I never felt he gave me credit. When I scored, I still expected to be out of the team the next game. And when the fans wanted me to play, Benitez told me he couldn’t understand why..”.

3rd May 2010
‘Liverpool is a great club and I enjoy it but a lot of things are happening in this moment,’ added Benayoun. ‘If it depended on me, I would stay here and retire in Liverpool. The fans are the best in the world but it depends on a lot of things. It will be very clear soon.’

oO)

PS. Not my work, shamefully stolen from elsewhere.

he should have been starting week in week out for liverpool, with chelsea our side is much stronger and has much more ability so he will have to wait. i think he just wants to win trophys simple as that.

he should have been starting week in week out for liverpool, with chelsea our side is much stronger and has much more ability so he will have to wait. i think he just wants to win trophys simple as that.

But last season he was starting week in week out, then he got injured and was fairly average so was kept out of the team by Maxi.

I have no doubt his reason for leaving is the trophies and/or money, it's the fact he doesn't admit it.

But last season he was starting week in week out, then he got injured and was fairly average so was kept out of the team by Maxi.

I have no doubt his reason for leaving is the trophies and/or money, it's the fact he doesn't admit it.

i did hear him say it in a interview with chelseatv but obviously it dosen't get much airing.

Just a little update more for fellow Blues fans, Benayoun has scored a hat-rick in a 3-1 win against Malta in a Euro qualifier tonight.

Just a little update more for fellow Blues fans, Benayoun has scored a hat-rick in a 3-1 win against Malta in a Euro qualifier tonight.

Malta? What did their football team consist of, ten lame dogs and a holy relic? Honestly when you're your country's best footballer by far and basically its only attacking outlet, I'd be expecting to score at LEAST a hat trick against Malta.

What's wrong with a regular update on how a new signing is progressing?

No need to get all analytical and pick holes where there's not really any need to.
A hat-trick is a hat-trick, hopefully he gains some confidence from this.

No need to get all analytical and pick holes where there's not really any need to.

Nothing wrong with regular updates. Also, I was hardly being analytical. Analysis would involve graphs and a full match report. And really, a hat-trick isn't just a hat-trick now is it? I'd wager I could score a hat-trick against 6 year olds, hardly puts it on the same level as three goals in the premier league now does it?

Hence my point: Alright, he scored three times, well done. On the other hand, it was Malta.

Hence my point: Alright, he scored three times, well done. On the other hand, it was Malta.

It was who? Malta? Who the?

I can't believe this ****. Leaving the club for money in his pocket, and also to win trophies that will be bought. He was playing week in, week out. He got injured and was sidelined. He never returned to full fitness then left with the excuse of "cos of Rafa Benitez". What a first-class *******. I wonder if Bosingwa will be karate kicking him now?

I can't believe this ****. Leaving the club for money in his pocket, and also to win trophies that will be bought. He was playing week in, week out. He got injured and was sidelined. He never returned to full fitness then left with the excuse of "cos of Rafa Benitez". What a first-class *******. I wonder if Bosingwa will be karate kicking him now?
enough of the foul language, only warning

I totally agree with you.

The legend Michael Mifsud plays for Malta.

The man who ****** up Man Utd a few years ago. (A)

People bitter much and hate Chelsea I guess?

Keep positive pls.

Wow, a hat trick against amateur players, big deal :S

Whats all the hate for? The guy posted news regarding what this topic is about, Yossi, if you dont like it dont post. It's international football in the Euro Qualifiers, a hat-trick is great against any team....

Whats all the hate for? The guy posted news regarding what this topic is about, Yossi, if you dont like it dont post. It's international football in the Euro Qualifiers, a hat-trick is great against any team....

Im not hating, dont be a **** !

On Topic : even CJacko could score a hat trick against Malta, ffs !

the last player to score a hat-rick against malta was Stefan Iversen in 2007, since then they have played such teams like Iceland twice, Portugal twice, Austria twice, Denmark twice, Hungary twice, Cezh Repuplic, Sweden, Bulgaria, Finland and Germany and no hat-ricks againt them in these games.

A hat-rick at International level is massivly impressive regardless of the opponenet.

and thanks for stating i could have scored a hat-rick NunoPeixinho but i play the holding role these days so i dout it haha.

the last player to score a hat-rick against malta was Stefan Iversen in 2007, since then they have played such teams like Iceland twice, Portugal twice, Austria twice, Denmark twice, Hungary twice, Cezh Repuplic, Sweden, Bulgaria, Finland and Germany and no hat-ricks againt them in these games.

Right, and do you know how their record reads since then? P10 W0 D1 L9. The only reason the above teams didn't score a hat trick against them is because they shared around the goalscoring. This is, in case you hadn't noticed, my point. Benayoun scored a hat-trick because he is his country's premier attacking threat. They look to give the ball to him at every opportunity. He is by far and away the most talented footballer there, and they know it. They give him the ball often, hence the reason he scores so much.

A hat-rick at International level is massivly impressive regardless of the opponenet.

...do I need to repeat myself? It just isn't! Rooney scored twice against Andorra, is that so impressive? Not really! It is expected. Rooney is our main goal threat in the same way Benayoun is Israel's, but to a much lesser extent.

International hat-tricks are impressive against top-40 opposition. Scoring against someone ranked 151 is not really an achievement.

Let's be honest. 2 months ago you would have agreed with me, but since he's a blue his news is of utmost importance all of a sudden. I understand that, but let's be realistic here.

Not what most people were saying when Theo Walcott scored a hat-trick against Blackpool was it?

How many appearances has Benayoun made at Chelsea? Twice as a substitute? Living the high life (Y)