Yossi Benayoun seals Chelsea switch

£5.5m is decent considering he's 30 now.

Yep I'm pretty happy we got a decent amount for him, hopefully it's put towards transfers although I'm not to hopeful about who Roy's going to bring in :S

Would have loved to keep him. He looks weak for the premier league but he makes up for that in skill. In my opinion one of the most skillful wingers in the league. He can take in in and around players, score goals, and get a few assists aswell - Good Signing. Disappointed to be honest. Would like a replacent brought in soon, considering Riera is almost certain to leave - because of the radio controversy.

A note to chelski physios - get yossi to clear his plate at meals; He needs building up big time. A good technical player but v lightweight. We will miss his creativity. RB was never quite sure what to do with flair players & played him too much on the wings where his lack of pace let him down.

More and more old players coming to Chelsea, its turning into the new Milan.

Bit gutted he has gone to be honest, really good player and I doubt 5.5 Million is going to get us anyone better, only plus side for us is that he was the wrong side of 30.

Would have loved to keep him. He looks weak for the premier league but he makes up for that in skill. In my opinion one of the most skillful wingers in the league. He can take in in and around players, score goals, and get a few assists aswell - Good Signing. Disappointed to be honest. Would like a replacent brought in soon, considering Riera is almost certain to leave - because of the radio controversy.

He's not a true winger - he's most effective playing just behind the strikers & delivering through balls to them. He hardly ever got to play in that position for us because thats where Stevie G plays.

He's not a true winger - he's most effective playing just behind the strikers & delivering through balls to them. He hardly ever got to play in that position for us because thats where Stevie G plays.

Which is why I didnt call him a CAM/CF, he never played there.

I want link

"Football is the most important thing to Joe and continuing to play in the Champions League is high on his priorities," he told ESPNSoccernet.

I wish he would come here, but I highly doubt he will want Europa League football :S

"Football is the most important thing to Joe and continuing to play in the Champions League is high on his priorities," he told ESPNSoccernet.

I wish he would come here, but I highly doubt he will want Europa League football :S

God damnit, apparently he wants to stay in England, so really, it's either Arsenal or Spurs now

God damnit, apparently he wants to stay in England, so really, it's either Arsenal or Spurs now

I personally see him joining United, he is too good for Spurs and I don't think he'd fit in at Arsenal, so my guess would be he's joining United.

Didn't United say they weren't interested

Yeah but they said that before about Owen, it's a weird mind game SAF plays but I'm sure he wouldn't turn a talent like J. Cole down but probably refuses to pay his insane wage demands, I'm sure United would be Cole's first choice club so we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah but they said that before about Owen, it's a weird mind game SAF plays but I'm sure he wouldn't turn a talent like J. Cole down but probably refuses to pay his insane wage demands, I'm sure United would be Cole's first choice club so we'll have to wait and see.
united wont be interested as long as hes asking for he wanted at chelsea. if chelsea aent gonna pay 130k what makes him think united will. rio is on 120k and most united fans think thats too much, rooney is on 95k last time i heard

Urgh its official on the Liverpool website,
Disappointed as it states the deal was done while Benitez was still in charge. Hodgson may have had plans for him :S

Just watched a quick interview with Yossi on ChelseaTV and when a new player/staff joins Chelsea they have to get up infront of the team and sing a song on there own. Yossi said yer i already done it i dont it last night, when asked what he sung he said well i started singing our never walk alone but they didnt like that. Found this pretty funny sounds like a decent dude.