You Are The Ref

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you posting the one for this weekend Joss? Thanks.

You-are-the-Ref-Gareth-Ba-003.jpg

There you go! Debate away, and no cheating now the answers on the site

1- nothing
2-nothing
3-give him his second yellow and red card

1 - Penalty also give the player some money to get a haircut.
2 - Force them to take them off.
3 - Allow the goal then send off the player.

1 - Penalty also give the player some money to get a haircut.
2 - Force them to take them off.
3 - Allow the goal then send off the player.

1. Why should a player having long hair result in a penalty? He's not deliberately used it to whip the other guy in the face as far as we can see..

2. Surely, since they're not going to be saving the ball with their hands, it won't matter? Unless they gain some advantage from having gloves when taking throw-ins like Rory Delap :S

3. This..

1. Nothing... Everyone has an haircut and, as stupid it is, we have to respect. Game on...
2. Personally, I'd force them to take them off, but I think the rules don't allow it... But I'd force them to take them off as well. Wear normal gloves...
3. As I decided to play on, I must allow the goal. Then send off the forward with the second yellow card.

1- Play on, just unfortunate
2- Allow them to play on, Gloves are permitted to be worn, and there are no restrictions on what gloves
3- Bring play back for the free kick to the defender as no advantage was gained and give the attacker a 2nd booking, although some refs would probably give a final warning.

1. Nothing but advise him that other referees might call it a foul.
2. Tell them that if thew want to have gloves than they can have regular ones, not goalkeeping gloaves.
3. Yellow card the player and therefor red card him. Of course the goal stands.

1 - Nothing, as the length of the strikers hair is his own fault.
2 - Ask all of the outfield players to remove the goalie gloves. I would have no objection to replacing them with ordinary gloves though.
3 - I'd award the goal, as I played advantage, and would have to warn the foul-committing striker, but couldn't send him off. I can't see this happening though as I would've blown my whistle originally as the defender wasn't in an attacking movement, so surely wouldn't benefit much from an advantage being played.

Off to check the answers now :)

1) Play on but advise him to get a haircut
2) Allow them to wear the gloves as long as they are different from the ones the keeper is wearing, and offer the other team the chance to wear them too
3) Blow for the free kick, disallow the goal and send the player off (as the defender lost the ball staright away, it could hardly be called an advantage)

1, nothing
2. nothing
3 play on,allow goal. Then send off the forward with the second yellow

1. Play on, tell the striker to man up.
2. Tell them to take it off. It's not fair for one team to have an advantage, should have at least alerted me before doing so.
3. The goal stands and the forward gets a warning. You can't wait to send off a player, if your going to do it you have to do it straight after he commits the foul.

1 - Nothing, as the length of the strikers hair is his own fault.

The length of the defenders hair is the fault of the striker? oO)

1) I would alow the goal and book both players.
2)I would move the ball to the other end, if both captains agreed.
3) I would give him a second yellow, resulting in a red.

1) I would alow the goal and book both players.
2)I would move the ball to the other end, if both captains agreed.
3) I would give him a second yellow, resulting in a red.

Umm. Think you're still trying to guess the previous one, which i gave the answers for.. look at the latest strip!

1. if his eyes drop on the grass, I'll put on spot.

1. Nothing as whipping an opponent with your hair is hardly an offence
2. Force them to take them off, if they want gloves they wear normal gloves like Thierry Henry normally did for Arsenal in the middle of summer lol
3. Goal stands but the striker receives a 2nd yellow and red

1. if his eyes drop on the grass, I'll put on spot.

lol :D :D Straight red as-well!!!

1. Play on, but check the striker for injury, and ask the defender politely if he would be more carefull.

2.Would buy even bigger inflatable gloves and make everyone wear them!

3. I would pretend i never saw it and play on, i don't wanna get messed up in that business!

Keith Hackett's answers

1) It's a goal-kick. It clearly wasn't a deliberate act by the defender, and you will have approved the defender's hair as not a danger to other players before kick-off. It is always sensible, though, to ensure that players with long hair, particularly dreadlocked, tie it back to avoid situations like this. Thanks to Ian Smitton.

2) Allow them to play in the gloves. Explain to the home captain that both teams are allowed to wear gloves in cold conditions, and that normal goalkeeper gloves do not represent a danger to other players. Tell him to get on with the game. Thanks to Mike Dunn.

3)What a mess. The moment the defender lost possession you should have blown the whistle instantly, dismissed the forward and then restarted play with an indirect free-kick from where the ball was when play was stopped. But as the ball has now hit the back of the net, you have no choice: you have to award the goal, then dismiss the forward. I've always advised referees to avoid playing advantage in the defensive third of the field of play because of issues like this. Akeem Taiwo wins the shirt.

Correct apart from sending the striker off in the last one.

Did you guys even read the second one?

It's endilible ink, therefore he can't remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.