Your Footballing Idol !!

I really like wolverhampton wanderers goalkeeper Wayne hennessy. Strange, considering im a manchester united fan :p
For United, again randomly i like Jonny Evens and Darren Gibson! :D

Jock Stein RIP
5.10.1922 - 10.9.1985

"I am proud to say that I knew Jock Stein as a manager, as a colleague and as a friend... he was the greatest manager in British football... men like Jock will live forever in the memory."
Alex Ferguson

what a bacon faced little moaner who gets fergie time when teyre losing and has webb wrapped around his little finger , great.
That was uncalled for, what are you, 6?

I always liked watching Ronaldinho ever since I first saw him at the '02 WC, before that, Zidane at Juventus was great to look up to.

neil mccann after yesterdays late winner never forget that the place erupted

Love Xabi Alonso, could watch him pass all day and his positioning is amazing.

That was uncalled for, what are you, 6?

I always liked watching Ronaldinho ever since I first saw him at the '02 WC, before that, Zidane at Juventus was great to look up to.

no , im 14 , and to be honest , im spot on , he does get fergie time and webb is wrapped round his finger.

When i was a kid as i was a right midfielder my idols were Blues right midfielders, as i saw them week in week out, so obviously try to replicate them. Other obvious wide men were David Beckham, Marc Overmars, Ryan Giggs and Luis Figo.

Paul Devlin (My all time favourite player)
View attachment 134406

Jon McCarthy
View attachment 134407

Present day idol has to be both Stephen Carr and Barry Ferguson. Stephen Carr, once retired is still fit as a fiddle, sharp as a tack, and will literally give EVERYTHING he has to the Blues cause, absolute legend in my eyes, he optimizes the word Tank! Fergie is possibly one of if not the greatest Blues midfielder of all time, his passing, tackling, positioning and running of the midfield is top draw, and at the ripe old age of 32 was still closing down the west ham defenders at 118 minutes in the second leg of the semi final... what a player!!

all time - lev yashin.
modern idol - casillas.

i wouldnt really call lev yashin an idol , becuase he was dead long before you were born , but yeah , introduced the keeper sweeper system , all time great

No one will ever get near Thierry Henry :wub: Will never love a player that much again.

Players i would say Ian Rush and John Barnes, in their prime they were brilliant Rush was a pure goal machine and Barnes was simply unstoppable at club level. Manager would be Brian Clough, a genius.

marcel desailly &john terry.... because of them now i play central defender despite the fact that my first position was striker

For me it has to be Nesta and Maldini as i play in defence i have always admired there commitment and abilitys

It surprising no one had mentioned him before but my idol is Paul Scholes.

Not really got an idol per say but atm I'm loving Adam Johnson, just the way he can attack is immense, any defender in the world will have trouble with him. Just hope he's not out for too long! Adam will be a leading world player.

Lucas Radebe...a true inspiration unlike some ***** people have come up with on this thread

I couldn't agree more. Radebe, one of the true greats to pull on the white shirt.

I have to say Johnny Giles. One of the best players to ever play for Leeds and Ireland. So many people looked up to him and still do, some of the greatest managers in history revered him, such as Matt Busby saying selling him was his worst decision and Alf Ramsey wishing he was English. Him and Bremner in midfield, Brilliant!