Your Footballing Idol !!

Marcos
picture.php

Scolari
felipao-palmeiras-avai-hg-20100717.jpg

watch

i wouldnt really call lev yashin an idol , becuase he was dead long before you were born , but yeah , introduced the keeper sweeper system , all time great

i know what you mean, but seeing him in goal made me want to try playing in goal, and i did post with casillas is my idol. if it weren't for my weak wrist, i'm sure i would get somewhere. =[

Anyone who is willing to try something adventurous, and out of the blue. The real classy players are people who think outside of the box. People like Messi, Javier Pastore, Riquelme, Ronaldinho, I dare say even young Vladimir Weiss :D The way the play is what makes football, and when it doesn't come off, they always try it again. Imported these features into my game, improved me dramatically :)

I admire many, but my fav player ever and my personal idol is George Best. Sir Bobby Charlton :wub:, Giggs, Raul Gonzales, Eric Cantona, Duncan Edwards, Roy Keane, David Beckam have special place in my :wub:

David Beckham, that man has been through so much in his career and yet he still proves everyone wrong..he will never give up on his england dream and hes an absolute legend!

Gonna sound ridiculous compared to some of these names but Chris Powell. Used to watch him on a regular basis and he taught me a great deal about how to play left back (my position) just from watching him.

But best of all I was amazed by his personality. He probably had the best attitude to his job I have ever seen and never had a bad word to say about anyone. He really loves the game and is one of the few players who played because it's what he loved, rather than for the money.

My football idols are Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho. They played the best football I've ever seen. I still can remember how they won the world cup 2002. It was simply amazing.

Ronaldo Luiz Nazario De Lima.

As a young footballer 5-10 years ago, just seeing this man banging in goals for fun pretty much single handedly made me want to become a striker. The best striker, and the second best player of my generation, behind Zidane.

This man could do almost anything with a football in front of goal. And my first footballing memory, apart from Liverpool/England, came from Ronaldo with his sensational hat trick against United at Old Trafford.

Magnifico. IMO, won't see a striker like him for as long as I live. And to be honest, I don't think it is possible.

My footballing idol has to be Julian Dicks, I loved his passion for West Ham

julian-dicks.jpg

Giorgio Chiellini, I wish I could partner him in front of Buffon(I swear there will be blood...lots of it, mine or someone else's, doesn't matter!)...Maybe some other life it could happen, who knows?!

Last edited: