Can't say I have noticed a big difference since the update though.

View attachment 119062

my first loss came after the update. i mean obviously they have no reason to lie or hide information about some kind of secret ME update but it seems to happen way too often. i'm not complaining about it i just thought i'd point it out. like mrgrieve says, i'm sure something has indirectly affected the ME.

i'm sure there are a lot of people that are too quick to judge and just blame it on an update once they lose a game. but i personally don't believe it's just a coincidence since it seems to happen to me on almost every edition of fm.

but then again some people have said it hasn't made a different to them which is fine. i think the game is just so random.

SI update the ME every time they make an update, its been like that for ages now. its a fact.

Just played some more on my save and tactic is definately less effective now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zyndar would you do a bad possession Tactic for this years fm17 , Loved that Tactic !!

JOKER updated to V2.

Out of interest Zyndar, what are the match engine changes you've noticed?
One of my tactics has become significantly weaker, so I was wondering what you've spotted so that I can tweak my own. I will be undergoing an analysis and trying to improve things myself, but I thought it'd be interesting to see your perspective too!

Out of interest Zyndar, what are the match engine changes you've noticed?
One of my tactics has become significantly weaker, so I was wondering what you've spotted so that I can tweak my own. I will be undergoing an analysis and trying to improve things myself, but I thought it'd be interesting to see your perspective too!

This is a tricky question. The changes are a bit indirect, it is the effectiveness of player movements in my opinion. At least the changes I did were related mainly to this area.

Last words to this topic: I am shocked why SI says ME wasn't changed and the changelist doesn't contain any indirect changes too. I have tested it in the past 2 days:

- Used Joker V1 in the test league where it was developed with Crystal Palace - started a new season and played 20 matches. Results were awful. Repeated again, same outcome.
- Plugged Joker V1 to my current save for 10 matches - mainly bad results and nowhere near to previous great performance. Repeated these matches again with approximately similar results.

- After many changes, the final Joker V2 was used from the beggining in the CP test league - voilá, good results on the same 20 matches! Repeated and with some luck results were even better.
- Replayed those 10 matches in my current save with Joker V2 and we are conceding less and scoring more. Significantly better performance. Period.

Conclusion for me is if the ME wasn't changed (or any indirect changes weren't done) than there is too many coincidence here. Okay, if I would have waaaay more time then I would test is for more matches, but in my opinion it is not necessary, this proof is enough for me and I don't want to convince anyone, who believes this is bullshit and SI would admit any ME changes. This is not only my opinion, I went through my favourite forums and I can say ~80% of the people who are talking about this are saying their tactic dropped performance decisively.

Zyndar, as I stared my game unemployed and ended up in the third division of Northern Ireland, would I be better off sticking with your Claymore tactic for now as I feel this new one would be far too complicated my team? Especially as it will probably be impossible to get any sort of decent player in positions such as inside forward etc

Zyndar, as I stared my game unemployed and ended up in the third division of Northern Ireland, would I be better off sticking with your Claymore tactic for now as I feel this new one would be far too complicated my team? Especially as it will probably be impossible to get any sort of decent player in positions such as inside forward etc

Well 442 is always a good choice for lower league football, so yes.

Defence-wise I keep getting caught out by crosses for simple tap-in. Played 10 matches in league 1, no cleansheets. More of a score more then you type

Well 442 is always a good choice for lower league football, so yes.
I hit a bad patch of form with my Dundela team (in Northern Ireland's third division) and the Claymore tactic wasn't working as well after the latest patch. This was pretty new territory for me as I pretty much smashed everyone with your tactic on last years game!
i changed to the Joker and smashed top of the league 4-0! I didn't think my players would be good enough for this tactic as I am playing in one of the lowest rep leagues available but looks like I was wrong so hopefully this result wasn't a fluke and I get back to dominating leagues again like I had been used to!

Joker V2 is best tactic for me so far. Won premier league convincingly in first season with Watford. Excellent!

Same here. I also did it with Watford, but in the 2nd season with few signings. Only bought a bunch of youngters.

This tactic is without a doubt the best for this formation.

Joker V2 is the best tactic I've tried. Playing as Liverpool first 15 matches of the season all wins and won the league with most goals scored and least conceded. Also won the league cup.

View attachment 117776

I have no idea whether my team is super overpowered or this tactic is that good....results have been great in the Jupiler league. Dominating every match, no goals conceded.

Hi Zyndar!

Big fan of your tactics and i would love to test these two aswell.

I ALLWAYS play with Man United. How should i/would you set up the midfield 3 ( using Pogba, Scneiderlein & Carrick )starting the game?

My current save i play Herrera, Pogba and naingoolan, how would you set up these 3?

Will changing roles mess up the tactic?

Thx