Zyndar's Tactic Lounge - 1 striker formations

• Thread starter Thread starter zyndar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 383
  • Views Views 203K
Hi Syndar,

I just wanted to ask about DLF effectiveness ? If he scoring more than IF's ? I am planning to implement Joker on my second season in Wolfsburg save. I have Mario Gomez, Diafra Sakho and Wilfred Bony has just joined the team.

He scores more than the IFs.

This is the best tactics that i ever used in fm ... Half season with Inter without loss. Simply amazing

Best tactic I came across. Won every cup available to me with Liverpool. Awesome job.

Genius !!!

God ****! amazing tactic, funny thing is i was using the same formation with only 2 differences;

-Dribble less in TI ( wasnt using any )

-More direct passing in TI ( i was using shorter ) This is the key!, i've never thought of that, it just didnt make sense while using shorter passing in PI which is absolutely necessary, but the play was lacking something and that was direct passing :)

I made only one tweak, i removed Hold position and Move into channels from striker, cause i have a fast forward and he needs to be more active in that position, by removing those two, he became more mobile and creative

Red card

Just started a new season with Leeds, looking good so far!

Whats your advice in case of a red card, let´s say if the HB gets a red?

Cheers!

Just started a new season with Leeds, looking good so far!

Whats your advice in case of a red card, let´s say if the HB gets a red?

Cheers!

It doesn't matter who gets the red, you should play without CMsu.

Hi zyndar! Been using your tactics in previous FMs with good results, so now I am excited to try this on out.

I've picked a wonderkid-full team such as Schalke 04 for my first career with FM17; after a brilliant pre-season, with 10/10 wins (including 1st DFB Pokal game against a lower league German team) I had a shocking Bundesliga debut losing 0-4 away against Eintracht :( ...that stupid Bentaleb was sent off after 18 mins so I can't really pick this game as a true test.

Unfortunately my next opponent was the worst possible one: FC Bayern. I lost again, 0-1 at home this time but they are Bayern so I gues it's acceptable for now.

I have a couple of questions, answering them might help me:

a) Is Johannes Geis suitable for the HB role or do you think he's too attacking-minded?
b) How do you see Max Mayer as IF on the right? Do you think he might be not pacey enough?
c) What do you usually do when you're down to ten men? I was confuded whether to remove the striker or a midfielder in the Eintracht game, and they ended up easily slauthering me...
d) Is Pace an important attribute for the centrebacks in this tactic? Mine are quite slow tbh.
e) I never fully understood nor liked the DLF role, and I guess Huntelaar would be the absolute worst choice for that role, wouldn't he? I also have Embolo and Franco Di Santo.
f) Is the creation of a 4-2-3-1 tactic in your schedule atm? I think it would be perfect for my players.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work ;)

Hi zyndar! Been using your tactics in previous FMs with good results, so now I am excited to try this on out.

I've picked a wonderkid-full team such as Schalke 04 for my first career with FM17; after a brilliant pre-season, with 10/10 wins (including 1st DFB Pokal game against a lower league German team) I had a shocking Bundesliga debut losing 0-4 away against Eintracht :( ...that stupid Bentaleb was sent off after 18 mins so I can't really pick this game as a true test.

Unfortunately my next opponent was the worst possible one: FC Bayern. I lost again, 0-1 at home this time but they are Bayern so I gues it's acceptable for now.

I have a couple of questions, answering them might help me:

a) Is Johannes Geis suitable for the HB role or do you think he's too attacking-minded?
b) How do you see Max Mayer as IF on the right? Do you think he might be not pacey enough?
c) What do you usually do when you're down to ten men? I was confuded whether to remove the striker or a midfielder in the Eintracht game, and they ended up easily slauthering me...
d) Is Pace an important attribute for the centrebacks in this tactic? Mine are quite slow tbh.
e) I never fully understood nor liked the DLF role, and I guess Huntelaar would be the absolute worst choice for that role, wouldn't he? I also have Embolo and Franco Di Santo.
f) Is the creation of a 4-2-3-1 tactic in your schedule atm? I think it would be perfect for my players.

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work ;)

I am not playing atm, so I cannot say whether the players you’ve mentioned are fitting those positions. My advice for you is to choose a tactic which fits your squad the best, not vica versa. For a 4-2-3-1 tactic I would suggest Suk Sam V1 or itsZdan V2.2, they both performed well in Mr L’s test. The 4-2-3-1 is my next project, but playing the actual career is my priority this year. What if you are trying Falchion V2 from me? It’s a 4-3-3 3ST and performing outstandingly for me in my actual career.

C, I would suggest to play without CMsu. If you are very cautios, play without striker.
D, Pace is always important for centre backs, but not all of them are pacey in real life, aren’t they?
E, Yes, both players would be better for DLF role

well it's a good job no one gives a **** what you think then isn't it? i honestly don't think i've ever come across such an offensive ******* idiot before in all my time on here.

hehe mate dont feed the troll, or the noob. not sure what he is. he got his own tactic and i guess he is upset that no one is using is tactic.so he comes on this thread and saying this stuff, just ignore him. btw i like this tactic alot, zyndar thanks for your afort

yeh i don't like engaging with people like that but i've just noticed him going in several threads and just labelling everything as ****. it's a really **** thing to do especially when these guys are putting hundreds of hours into trying to create something for all of us to use.

This tactic is ****... sorry this is this tactic:
View attachment 1090538
You really don't have a clue do you?

You need a. to respect people that put so much effort in to sharing with you all
b. If you are gonna use their work - show the creator the courtesy - play with the same tactic for atleast a season
c. Critisize yourself - its more likely that you are a bad/poor manager than the tactic deserves - their are many things you need to specialize yourself in understanding how football manager works. If you don't understand these things then you can't go around calling other peoples tactic ****.

So as I've been saying alot lately - theirs a bigger chance you are to blame than the tactic itsself

Many signings=bad
Squad issues=bad
Morale drop=bad
wrong training=bad
not speaking to the players individually=bad
buying players in january=bad
Selling quality players=bad
losing football matches=bad
poor handling of condition - not resting the players=bad
signing players/using players that don't fit the roles=bad
Having staff roles whos poor at man management especially the assman=bad

what a game(H)

06b1e-6730bc25-2780-4f93-be8e-070e9437e5d2.png

Little tip for the knuckleheads. Posting "this tactic is **** hurdur" will result in a removal of post unless;

a) It's constructive
b) Has feedback as to WHY it's not good.

You just look and sound like a noob saying it's **** without anything to back it up. Sort yourself out.

Last edited:
Hello guys, hello Zyndar

I'm playing with Marseille and I've changed my tactic during the first season for this one.
Up until now it's ok but not the *** kicking tac that everyone is talking about here.

I've played 16 matches with it, won 10, drew 2 and lost 4.

I've never beated a team 5-0, only 3-1, 3-2, 2-1 or 1-0

I got a huge possession (around 60%) a lot of shots (between 15 and 25) but mostly off target.

My team is not the best in the world, I know that, but it's decent anyway.

So do you have any advices to help me the finish the season well (I'm currently 4th in february) ?
Or is it normal, I can't expect more from this tactic and from my players ?

Thank you !

Back