New 442 formation

So if you have been reading a lot of football news recently, you probably new Moyes was sacked....Now then you would also have read about "The Manchester United Way". After watching the start of the Giggs Era (for how ever long it will be...hopefully ever long), I started working on the sort of tactic Giggs started the game with and this is what I came up with.

You will find the tactic on the OP.

View attachment 389582View attachment 389581View attachment 389580View attachment 389579View attachment 389578View attachment 389577

*** This is not a tweaked version of the back to basics tactic. ***

So if you have been reading a lot of football news recently, you probably new Moyes was sacked....Now then you would also have read about "The Manchester United Way". After watching the start of the Giggs Era (for how ever long it will be...hopefully ever long), I started working on the sort of tactic Giggs started the game with and this is what I came up with.

You will find the tactic on the OP.

View attachment 567842View attachment 567843View attachment 567844View attachment 567846View attachment 567847View attachment 567848

*** This is not a tweaked version of the back to basics tactic. ***

Looks great! Is the download link still called back to basics?

I am Boreham Wood, I started using this towards the end of Skrill Premier and it duly delivered me the title.

Now in League 2, made a few good signings and I can't grab a win from anywhere, any ideas what the problem might be?

Plus everyone in my squad is unhappy with the training :(

Help me!

I am Boreham Wood, I started using this towards the end of Skrill Premier and it duly delivered me the title.

Now in League 2, made a few good signings and I can't grab a win from anywhere, any ideas what the problem might be?

Plus everyone in my squad is unhappy with the training :(

Help me!
Depending on the amount of signing, if it is a lot then you will have to give the players time to settle in.

But you are talking about the back to basics tactic?

EDIT: With training just change from High to Normal and give one tick to the right on the meter.

Still doesn't seem to have done the trick.

I'm not too sure if it is just my really **** coaches, is that a factor?

hi were did you get them club logo pack from they look brilliant...:D

I was using the basic 4-4-2 rather than the Manchester United one.

Hi great work, as always.

I wanted to ask, when playing away and as favorites to loose, are there any tweaks or different version that I can try.

In 2020, 21 season as Chelsea... played impressively using the new version at home, but then got thrashed by Man Utd at Old Trafford.

hello this is such a nice tatic i love it i think its the best i have played with i am with juventus i played 20 games 18 wins 2 draws
cl is also going good won from real madrid home draw away

hello this is such a nice tatic i love it i think its the best i have played with i am with juventus i played 20 games 18 wins 2 draws
cl is also going good won from real madrid home draw away
Thanks mate. If you want to keep the AI guessing the mirror the tactic and switch between them.

Looks great, could implement this easily into my team as I'm playing a fairly similar formation+tactic (successful but inconsitant).

Could you list the team & player instructions for us Vita owners pretty please?? (can't see on the screens).

Looks great, could implement this easily into my team as I'm playing a fairly similar formation+tactic (successful but inconsitant).

Could you list the team & player instructions for us Vita owners pretty please?? (can't see on the screens).
Which one of the 2 tactic would you like me to post? Let me know and I will do it tonight after work.

Great, can't wait.

Thats what i was going to ask. Which ones best??

Saw one guy using Counter for away and Control for hone. Any chance of both?

Last edited:
Great, can't wait.

Thats what i was going to ask. Which ones best??

Saw one guy using Counter for away and Control for hone. Any chance of both?
Sorry it took so long. But hope this will help you. Enjoy

Hey andrichbrand!

What do you do when you are playing away from Old trafford with the United tactic?

Cheers.