On more thing, andrichbrand: which one of the two 442s would you reccomend for my Valencia side? I'm in 2016/17 and have got many quality players, but still not so many as Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Back to basic is the most rounded tactic of the two.

Thank you very much mate! I'll plug it at the start of the new season and see how it goes :)

So far so good, indeed! I've won most of my games, scoring many goals and conceding just a couple. My Valencia side is Champions League's holder, so I must have a great season to defend the title and challenge Real, Barca and Atletico for the league. ;)

I'm only a bit puzzled about mentality. Counter is standard, but I found myself often changing in to Offensive. Now I almost "randomly" swap between counter and offensive, sometimes also lowering the d-line and unticking 'offside trap'...still not sure when offensive mentality has to be used yet.

Ive started with the balanced one with spurs just to try and find a good tac for a long term save and by jove this may have to be my lonelg term save. Just gave Arsenal a good hiding away 7-0. Only bought mitrovic

going to test your 4-4-2 in swedish league. Having just gone up to the second highest league. hope to stay clear for relegation

is it importent for the wingers to be quick?

Last edited:
going to test your 4-4-2 in swedish league. Having just gone up to the second highest league. hope to stay clear for relegation

is it importent for the wingers to be quick?
no not really, because they are wide midfielders, the position doesn't need any speed on the wings.

Ive started with the balanced one with spurs just to try and find a good tac for a long term save and by jove this may have to be my lonelg term save. Just gave Arsenal a good hiding away 7-0. Only bought mitrovic
Glad it is working for you mate. And that is a great result.

Thanks for the update.

View attachment 378852

Look at Antonio Valencia's average rating. Simply a joke lol.
I've got him on loan from Man Untd and Lazar Markovic from benfica for 25M quid, to use them as my right wingers. My plans were to use the Ecuadorean as backup for Markovic, but since he keeps outperforming him I've been forced to use him as a starter . Amazing! Shame he's 32 years old.

The best part is that Valencia is bringing glory to...Valencia! ^^)

P.S. Sorry if the ss is in Italian, but you sholud be able to read the rating anyway.

View attachment 592023

Look at Antonio Valencia's average rating. Simply a joke lol.
I've got him on loan from Man Untd and Lazar Markovic from benfica for 25M quid, to use them as my right wingers. My plans were to use the Ecuadorean as backup for Markovic, but since he keeps outperforming him I've been forced to use him as a starter . Amazing! Shame he's 32 years old.

The best part is that Valencia is bringing glory to...Valencia! ^^)

P.S. Sorry if the ss is in Italian, but you sholud be able to read the rating anyway.
In FM Valencia will still perform well even if he is in a wheel chair. hahaha. Not so much IRL.

I have created the tactic with Man Utd, so if you can....buy Januzaj for Left Wing, Ward-Prowse for CDM.

Any other tactics in the pipeline? I loved the 442 BTB
I am playing with my version of a 433 (41221) and working on it, I am just to lazy to start a new game to test with lower team. I am playing with AC Milan now and only lost 2 in 30 game (last bit of the one year when I took over and the current year I am in now).

I am playing with my version of a 433 (41221) and working on it, I am just to lazy to start a new game to test with lower team. I am playing with AC Milan now and only lost 2 in 30 game (last bit of the one year when I took over and the current year I am in now).
View attachment 378736View attachment 378735
This is 2 games for the games I played. So it looks very promising.