14.3 NEAR PERFECT 4231 by andrichbrand:

• Thread starter Thread starter andrichbrand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 634
  • Views Views 355K
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Gooner2408

First and foremost - big congrats and thanks to andrichbrand for creating and posting this tactic, it is awesome!!

I've been using if for just 4 games with my Skill Prem side AFC Telford and have seen a massive improvement in performances. Got Man Utd in the 3rd Rnd of FA Cup and gave them a good game to hold out 1-1 and earn a money spinning replay at Old Trafford
grin.gif

Attachment 519318

Very happy with how my team now play so thumbs up all round!

Now that is a big result. Glad you are enjoying the tactic. Thanks for trying it and support.

Following on from my success early on in the skill prem as mentioned and my great draw with utd (did lose the replay tho) i went on to win the skrill prem same year even tho predicted finish was 14th. 1st season in Div 2 with a prediction of 19th and odds on relegation dog fight .....i now lie in 1st place a whole 14 points clear at the top after 26 games!!

Not being content with that, i reached the 3rd rnd of capital 1 cup beating Barnsley & Birmingham before eventually falling to Middlesbrough and I'm currently due a home replay in 3rd of FA Cup against Hull after beating Leicester in Rnd 1. In the final of the JP Trophy to boot!!

View attachment 409636View attachment 409635View attachment 409634

I am using the v2 tactic which I have tweaked to give me a Counter & Control version as well as the original Attacking one.

All in all - an absolute massive achievement for such a lowly small club.

Gooner....can you post your counter and control versions.

like you id like three options.

quote_icon.png

First and foremost - big congrats and thanks to andrichbrand for creating and posting this tactic, it is awesome!!

I've been using if for just 4 games with my Skill Prem side AFC Telford and have seen a massive improvement in performances. Got Man Utd in the 3rd Rnd of FA Cup and gave them a good game to hold out 1-1 and earn a money spinning replay at Old Trafford
grin.gif

Attachment 519318

Following on from my success early on in the skill prem as mentioned and my great draw with utd (did lose the replay tho) i went on to win the skrill prem same year even tho predicted finish was 14th. 1st season in Div 2 with a prediction of 19th and odds on relegation dog fight .....i now lie in 1st place a whole 14 points clear at the top after 26 games!!

Not being content with that, i reached the 3rd rnd of capital 1 cup beating Barnsley & Birmingham before eventually falling to Middlesbrough and I'm currently due a home replay in 3rd of FA Cup against Hull after beating Leicester in Rnd 1. In the final of the JP Trophy to boot!!

View attachment 523008View attachment 523011View attachment 523014

I am using the v2 tactic which I have tweaked to give me a Counter & Control version as well as the original Attacking one.

Gooner, do u use the d-line trick?
and how do you choose what tactic to pley? Based on pre-match odds, m8?

No I dont use the d-line trick, I start with counter version as I will be underdog most games (punching above my weight!!) and then if I have to chase the game I go attacking or if i'm 2 or more up I go control. Thats it, I dont do anymore then that.

No I dont use the d-line trick, I start with counter version as I will be underdog most games (punching above my weight!!) and then if I have to chase the game I go attacking or if i'm 2 or more up I go control. Thats it, I dont do anymore then that.

thanks!
hope my Bristol Rovers will do as good as yours telford :)

I can give it a go, but saying that I am not the best in recreating tactics.

The match engine doesn't allow you to do that and you wont have the same player and everything you going to need to recreate the tactic.

But will do research and see what I can come up with to get it as close a possible. I will base it on this tactic:
View attachment 522850

Well no rush, only if you have time! But I just found it strange that tactics always seem to be focused around 4-4-2's or 4-2-3-1, while a good working 4-3-3 could be interesting because of the full wingers and an attacking midfielder

Ajax 1970-73 - Football's Greatest  

Netherlands 1974-78 - Football's Greatest  

quote_icon.png

grin.gif

Attachment 519318

View attachment 523008View attachment 523011View attachment 523014

That is great achievement there my friend. I am glad the tactic is still going strong for you. I am glad that you tweaked the tactic to fit your team. Great job.

Edit: Did you tweaked anything else then the mentality?

Last edited:
That is great achievement there my friend. I am glad the tactic is still going strong for you. I am glad that you tweaked the tactic to fit your team. Great job.

Edit: Did you tweaked anything else then the mentality?

Yea for the counter version I changed to more direct passing and for the control one I had lower tempo, be more disciplined and retain possesion

Player roles/instructions and set plays are identical in all 3

Yea for the counter version I changed to more direct passing and for the control one I had lower tempo, be more disciplined and retain possesion

Player roles/instructions and set plays are identical in all 3
Good job mate, the counter attacking tactic will definitely work for the underdog team.

New Underdog tweak by Gooner2408

Great underdog tactic by Gooner2408 up for download on the OP.

I use your tactic, and manage to have some great results on a few early match in serie A, I use juventus, and then i get some bad results from team who play with winger or inside forwards, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1... My 2 fullbacks keeps leaving a hole. When the opposition winger attack and my fullback upfront, CD will come to stop those wingers, leaving the opposition striker or AM un-mark..or space to be exploit.. The BWM didn't do the job to cover the space leave by the FB or the CD. Any suggestion here?? Got trashed by AC Milan, 4-0, all by this situation.

You should try gooner tweak for this tactic.3 sets of attack,control and counter. Using gooner control or counter tactic might help on that situation.

It's perfect!

After countless hours trying different tactics for 14.3 i tried this one. It's just fantastic!. I'm playing Eastleigh in Skrill South, and so far i have 6 wins and 1 draw in 7 games, GF is 23 and GA is 7....thanks for sharing this tactic with us.^^)

After countless hours trying different tactics for 14.3 i tried this one. It's just fantastic!. I'm playing Eastleigh in Skrill South, and so far i have 6 wins and 1 draw in 7 games, GF is 23 and GA is 7....thanks for sharing this tactic with us.^^)
Glad you are enjoying it mate. Great to see it is working for the lower league teams to.

The nice thing is that someone on the forum found away to make set pieces easier. so I am working on that now.

Glad you are enjoying it mate. Great to see it is working for the lower league teams to.

The nice thing is that someone on the forum found away to make set pieces easier. so I am working on that now.
Good one! Still too many funny GA on corners and
set P....looking forward to it. :)

Back