[15.X.X]Zero Sea's Athena ---- Several Tactics: 343 4411 442 Etc

i tried to make a 4-1-4-1 tactic,based on your ideas but without success :),
the combination of F9 + SS is perfect
In the case of only one MC, he will play very nice.
there is only one playmaker in the game

I have decided to use your 343 tactic , is it supposed to be defensive mentality ??? Help please and who defo takes corners as i have middle striker taking them at moment plus have you had much success with this 343 on this patch ?, Thanks

Last edited:
Nice tactic!

One question.

I can't load filters(.pft) after 15.3.1 patch. How can I load it?

I have decided to use your 343 tactic , is it supposed to be defensive mentality ??? Help please and who defo takes corners as i have middle striker taking them at moment plus have you had much success with this 343 on this patch ?, Thanks

all the information you ask is in the OP
its contain mentality
and yes the middle ST in 3-4-3
the success depends also from the players you have,
i prefer the 442 one

like xyunhox i can not load filters since fm updated 2 15.3.1 patch. it is in my filters folder but when i try 2 use it in game nothing shows up

I am using the 3-4-3 tactic, getting some very impressive results with Derby and now Manchester United but I struggled big time against Chelsea and PSG losing 6-1 and 4-1 any ideas what to tweak?

I can't move to 4 at the back either as I have sold my fullbacks.

Dont play 3-4-3 in premierleague

4411 works also great

if you have sold the fullbacks bring from the k18

Dont play 3-4-3 in premierleague

4411 works also great

if you have sold the fullbacks bring from the k18

I have to disagree. In my opinion, you can achieve success with the 3-4-3 but only if you use it with a top half team. Otherwise, I would opt for the 4-4-2 or the 4-4-1-1.

@Under Control
did you try with other mentalities instead of contain?
i tried with normal and it was ok too

@Under Control
did you try with other mentalities instead of contain?
i tried with normal and it was ok too

What I have found, and before I begin, I want to state this may not work for everyone, but with top teams contain is fine. In the lower leagues, I have seen a defensive mentality to be more successful.

As I have said though, it is about observation.

Hey Zero Sea, big fan of your tactics for a few years now, they brought me a lot of fun and trophies so thank you and i mean that... this year i'm really enjoying the attacking side of 3-4-3 (not using the newest patch) so this is my feedback of this tactic after several seasons... offensively its excellent, it's a shame that a lot of it depends on the corner cheat but it's still very good..

But defensively it's all over the place, even though I had runs of 10 games where i kept a clean sheet... the setup used for defending corners is just abysmal, there are several rock solid setups out there that people probably already know about so it's an easy fix.. but the most important thing i feel is that backline of 3, i think it can be set up a lot better... The majority of the goals that i concede come from very simple crosses after my left/right CB get dragged out of position, so there is nobody left to defend against them.. you have made some very conflicting instructions here, you put all 3 CBs on "Hold Position" but the left and right ones are told to "Close Down Much More" while the middle CB is told to "Close Down Much Less".. so those instructions are in direct conflict for the left and right CB and they get dragged out of position which creates A TON of clear goal scoring chances for the opposition, so a very good GK with amazing reflexes and one-on-one's is absolutely crucial.. This defensive flaw gets extremely highlighted away from home in Europe where teams can score against me extremely easily, I had many results like 3-3, 4-4 etc.. I personally believe that it's very hard to win away from home in Europe against the biggest teams by using 3-4-3 just because of CB instructions..

I haven't had a lot of time to tinker with the backline to try and improve it but i'm pretty convinced that there are better ways to defend with a backline of 3 than what's being used in this 3-4-3. When you look closely to how those guys defend, it's obvious that they don't mark anyone, but more importantly they run around all over the place and the whole defensive shape goes out the window when they try to prevent crosses and get beaten way too easily by wingers. It's a very clear pattern, when a simple cross comes either from deep or the byline i already know it's 50/50 that i'm going to concede. Getting a top goalie with great reflexes has been a quick fix for this so i often get clean sheets, but the goalie has to make quite a bit of great saves from point blank range for me to do that.

If you or somebody else can shore up the defensive trio of CBs then this tactic would be truly amazing, and people wouldn't have to resort to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 for tough away games. I honestly believe it can be done.

i remember an old formation from you Zero Sea ,i don't remember exactly it was called fairytale from FM10 or FM11

it was like the 3-4-3 but with AML,AMR instead of STs

DC-DC-DC
----DM----
MR----CM---ML
AMR----------AML
--------ST------

is it possible to work ? what roles do you suggest for AML,AMR and ML,MR ?