so far so good!!!

I think I have played 19 games so far, lost an away friendly early on, haven't lost since, and 2 draws.

Best tactic I have used on FM 2016, seems very stable. Thgought I would try with Juve first and after I will try with lower team.

I am using as is, plug and play, and the team are getting better and better!!

Well done, great tactics

ao413

Thanks for sharing.. This formation is something that I have been trying to implement in my current game of FM16 to varying sucess and failure - trying to find the right roles and tactics within the formation

in regards to the way you have set it up i have a few questions if you don't mind..

Having the middle defender as a stopper - do you not find that this clashes with your DM? ie the 2 getting too close to each other. given a lack of FB or WB's - i was going for the central DC being cover and the 2 either side as stoppers

Also the DM and BWM - again do you not find they are too alike? - or have you tweaked their individual instructions?

Finally i notice there is no playmaker - so again wondering if you tried one instead of the CM and where the creativity is coming from.

Thanks - and will give your allocation of role a go and see how i do!

Villa

1st Prem game as Villa - predicted 18th.

Jack Grealish got injured and I was down to 10 men after 23 mins - still won 3-2 V Man City!!!!

Will keep you posted...

So i was testing your tactic on a new game, saving before every match and restart when i lost to see what went wrong (it's a test save, don't call me cheater already :p )
I was on a 7 win streak in Serie A using Juve of course <3 , then suddenly i lost to Milan 2-0 , and it was like the game wanted me to lose we missed everything, so i was like "ok it's one of those scripted match where you can't do anything, let's restart and see if it goes the same way" , and i lost 2-0 again , my players asleep, didn't do anything...
So i restarted 2 times again and lost 2-0 again , and then 4-0. I couldn't figure what went wrong, for some reason the game doesn't allow me to beat Milan lol

Edit : After the lost Vs milan i can't win a single game for 6 games, even vs last serie A team. Meh

Last edited:
ao413

Thanks for sharing.. This formation is something that I have been trying to implement in my current game of FM16 to varying sucess and failure - trying to find the right roles and tactics within the formation

in regards to the way you have set it up i have a few questions if you don't mind..

Having the middle defender as a stopper - do you not find that this clashes with your DM? ie the 2 getting too close to each other. given a lack of FB or WB's - i was going for the central DC being cover and the 2 either side as stoppers

Also the DM and BWM - again do you not find they are too alike? - or have you tweaked their individual instructions?

Finally i notice there is no playmaker - so again wondering if you tried one instead of the CM and where the creativity is coming from.

Thanks - and will give your allocation of role a go and see how i do!

Of course you can ask questions, lets make it tactics better by discussing and tweaking..

I use the stopper because he will go high up on opposition counter attacks and stops a lot in the middle when the DM is gone and then the two other DC's will cover for him.

Even though BWM is often seen as a defending player he is vital in the offensive play action, he should be good in defending and be aggresive in winning the ball back, but he should also be confident on the ball because he is vital in attack by ditributing balls to the flanks, the same as the DM, because the CM is a bit higher up in the field. I use Marchisio in that position.

The reason I don't use playmakers is that your players will often look for him and that can stop the flow. Often playmakers will not participate as much in the defensive organization. In a way your WM are the playmakers. They will get alot of assist and goals. And they will also be disciplined defensively.

Hope this covers some if not all of your questions ;)

So i was testing your tactic on a new game, saving before every match and restart when i lost to see what went wrong (it's a test save, don't call me cheater already :p )
I was on a 7 win streak in Serie A using Juve of course <3 , then suddenly i lost to Milan 2-0 , and it was like the game wanted me to lose we missed everything, so i was like "ok it's one of those scripted match where you can't do anything, let's restart and see if it goes the same way" , and i lost 2-0 again , my players asleep, didn't do anything...
So i restarted 2 times again and lost 2-0 again , and then 4-0. I couldn't figure what went wrong, for some reason the game doesn't allow me to beat Milan lol

Edit : After the lost Vs milan i can't win a single game for 6 games, even vs last serie A team. Meh

Are you using shouts and teamtalks - it can always change a game..
These are my results against Milan alltime:
View attachment 206316View attachment 206314View attachment 206313View attachment 206312View attachment 206311View attachment 206310View attachment 206309View attachment 206308View attachment 206307View attachment 206304View attachment 206303

I have won every time against Milan, so I don't why you are losing ;)

Is this tactic working correctly on 16.1.1 version? It seems that is no effective as in the 16.0.2 version...

It is still working for me in the newest version..

I tend to get a lot of red cards and the defence tends to be horrible at executing the offside trap so I concede more goals than I'd like. Still top of the league and not doing terrible in the CL so I'll wait till the season's over before giving more feedback :)

If you make any changes please tell us!

I have modified this tactic to fit my old CM 00/01 tactic i used to run with Juventus. Dybala and Berardi switches positions, same goes for the def. midfielders. Also added "Play out of defence" for more possesion type of football. Mentality can be altered from standard to attacking, same goes for the tempo which is low when leading/securing the game, otherwise Higher. Cheers for this tactic man, it reminded so much of my tactic so I'd to try it out.

Roma (away) 4-0 win, Inter (home) 3-0 amongst the results, 22-4 GD after 12 played matches.

View attachment 205218