3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
I am getting a little confused with all the tweaks that are being placed on this thread. Can somebody tell me which version is best for the 14.2 patch.

Before the patch I was having great success with the lower league version but since the patch its not as good

Many thanks

It's up in the air at the moment. Basically the original version of the tactic was like a 29 year old Cristiano Ronaldo on roids. Now we're looking at a 22 year old pup, and we're trying to feed the little fella to get back to full strength.

Veez or Romain what has been your most successful tactic of yours yet? is it the JMorris tweak or would you suggest something else? What ever you suggest can you link it so i can try tweak to the new patch

MartinD738 wow, thanks for bringing your tweak to the table and thumbs up for the great explanation. Will get right on it as soon as the London derby is over.

Veez or Romain what has been your most successful tactic of yours yet? is it the JMorris tweak or would you suggest something else? What ever you suggest can you link it so i can try tweak to the new patch
i'd say the morrisqpr tweak or "tough" tweak.

On patch day I decided to stick with the "Tough" tweak for Home games, and the "Bermuda V4" for away games. Veez decided upon tweaking the Bermuda concept for a version compatible with 14.2.0. Personally I felt more confidence when using the "Tough" concept of the two (no disrespect intended).

Anyway, I have spent the afternoon and evening playing with the "Tough" tweak and decided to do away with the Shadow Striker. The first thing this does is drastically reduce your CCCs. So sadly, the creation becomes the anti-Christ of tactics in terms of this thread (as it re-introduces a forward man, and reduces your CCCs).

I decided to try it for Everton (a team unlikely to win the Premier League) in the FM13/14 season (default). I made one signing and made a few tweaks to Veez's "Tough" tweak. Here is the tweak I am working with at the moment: View attachment 450241

Veez has done most of the work with this within the original tweak. I like it because I find it so completely solid defensively, even if the statistics don't fill you with complete confidence.

Before you use this for yourself, I must warn you that I am incredibly lazy. My testing of tactics is to save, load, test, load, test, load, test. I don't watch the ME. I look at that statistics. I get scared. I check the score. I am left with confusion as to how the **** we won.

Anyway this is how the current season is going:

916A4970FA28266284D04CB9CE91680032EAA24B

Scores:

ECE81609B30316C59825B6676774AB60F9308288

The first thing I notice is that the scorelines are smaller. I believe I am scoring less goals, but I may also have found a tactic that works home and away without any need for tweaking and swapping. In case the Man City and Arsenal results were flukes I tested each three times. Here are the results:

Arsenal Game 1:

358C4DB39DBD9B74F4455B810B28543C79017B98

Arsenal Game 2:

65314DD38722F05655568CB16B72D3D6B649CF57

Arsenal Game 3:

1CEF46CCCA63DDE4F4643A5F2B808F14233ECC52

My main concern here is the apparent inconsistency with the statistics. It does not fill me with confidence seeing both teams so evenly matched, but a win, is a win.

For the Home Games I use the exact same tactic, making no tweaks whatsoever.

Man City Game 1:

5FF3BEB41C085E6BCE9215023251C12C3105B9E1

Man City Game 2:

7760B3F1DC1E7C3CC7DBF847AC71B618F2001D97

Man City Game 3:

4B126ACA509EE2B15C407FF058D8F3F3E4E0252F

If it's any consolation the 1-1 draw was a Fernandinho 90+1 special.

Conclusion:

Statistics for Home games are looking a lot stronger, which is where I expected the tactic to be. I may have also produced better results with a Shadow Striker for a new save using the original "Tough" tweak.

I would implore anyone who knows anything about testing tactics to check back to the original "Tough" Tweak as it has worked so well for me since patch 14.2.

PSS: Gaining these results as Everton may not be as special as I am making out. Might test with someone like Crystal Palace.
awesome work and feedback mate! i'll look into this tonight as soon as i finish watching arsenal - chelsea :)

Think im onto something with the original tactic first made by yous 2 guys! :) testing abit more but its looking great!

well that game was hardly worth watching! Was hoping for a David Luiz monster free kick special at the end... Anyway back to... Everton **shudders**

Ensure your False Nine has "Shoot Less Often" and "Shorter Passes" selected. It should have been in with the tweak I uploaded.

View attachment 441323

Veez, I've tweaked with the Shooting options of the midfield and F9. It seems to me that you create more CCCs by ensuring all your players have "Shoot less often" selected. Have you noticed this?

PS. F9 scoring more with this V2 tweak if anyone really cares lol.

Last edited:
trying yours lol but prefer defending of latest bermuda. gonna try and add f9 to that and see how it does

I'm trying something else now with doubling up of CWB and WBs on either side just because I want to make the SS work over the F9.

im working on a tweak thats working well. gonna play another game or two and will probably post for you guys to test

Guys, do you play on classic or normal saves?
I start one classic save and use bermuda favorite tactic with instant result and game plan and i just smash other teams...
Just want to realise why its diferent from others saves that i have played so far!

Guys, do you play on classic or normal saves?
I start one classic save and use bermuda favorite tactic with instant result and game plan and i just smash other teams...
Just want to realise why its diferent from others saves that i have played so far!
if you read a couple of pages back, brentus did a test where he came to the conclusion that with instant results in fmc you dont notice the ME problems and results are much better

Sory my bad... miss that post :D
If this is true, its very bad because the engine must be the same...
And the tactic that you are testing now? Going well?
I'm interested to test it :D

if you read a couple of pages back, brentus did a test where he came to the conclusion that with instant results in fmc you dont notice the ME problems and results are much better

I have been doing tests for the last few days in FMC with man city just holidaying and instant results vs playing the game. If i holiday or instant result i win everything easy this is with the favorite and even tactic. If I play the games i find you run into all the ME bugs and always losing 0-1 when the other team have 1 shot a corner or free kick. I am starting to think that Instant and Holidaying takes into account how good your team is and the result comes from that and not playing a game in 2seconds in the ME. I have only tested this with a good teams havent had time to start a game with a underdog yet.

Back