3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M

Started using the tactic from the Man Utd away game. Haven't made any changes to the tactic whatsoever.
View attachment 438460
Near the end of my season so I plugged it in and as you can see have had some favourable results, but a few improvements can be made to the defensive side of the tactic no doubt.

View attachment 438459View attachment 438458View attachment 438457View attachment 438456View attachment 438455

Granted these games are mainly against Utd, but it shows just how many CC's are created however on the otherside a lot are created by the opposition. I'm using the tactic on 14.2 and will try it out on other teams, but with a few tweaks defensively and to the set pieces both attacking and a little on the defensive side it can become even better.

I recommend a few people test it out to see how it works for them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x73erq1gl5mqaas/Compact Soccer.tac if anyone wants to try it out

Last edited:
I got first in the championship with sheffield wed and won the fa cup on my first season. However the tactics are failing this season in the premier league. Just got trashed by newcastle 3-0 and cant seem to create any CCCs. I had a master regen early in the game which i sold for 90m to PSG leaving me a massive budget to buy many players which i did. Now i am rock bottom 6 games in. HELP!!

Does not work on me

Does not work on me, I am using Leeds now, first season, it was sort of working, but not very stable results in the first half season, after December, we start losing.
lots of long shots without any results, bad set pieces defending, really easy gets scored(even a couple of shots in a full game).

Anyone give me a good amc for the bermuda im using newcastle so mibby more as a back up to ben arfa he started season amazing scored something like 11 goals in 2-3 games then he slowed right down i have ryan gauld but im really looking to loan him out and hopefully he is a star for the future and this tactic is really still going strong great tactic

All.

I've been playing FM and CM before that since I was a youngster, and this version of the game and the patch has been the most frustrating yet. I'm not big on posting stuff, but having felt the pain and frustration, I thought it was time.

The good news is that I think I have found the solution to patch 14.2 and the original tactic on the OP.

I am doing some further testing tonight and l will publish tactics and guide before the week is out. (if testing doesn't work out i'll post anyway). The results of my amendments = no laurel an hardy football between my defense and keeper, not many corner conceded goals and actually some decent looking football with and mid ranking side in the EPL.

All.

I've been playing FM and CM before that since I was a youngster, and this version of the game and the patch has been the most frustrating yet. I'm not big on posting stuff, but having felt the pain and frustration, I thought it was time.

The good news is that I think I have found the solution to patch 14.2 and the original tactic on the OP.

I am doing some further testing tonight and l will publish tactics and guide before the week is out. (if testing doesn't work out i'll post anyway). The results of my amendments = no laurel an hardy football between my defense and keeper, not many corner conceded goals and actually some decent looking football with and mid ranking side in the EPL.

Thanks! i''m looking forward to your tac..

Started using the tactic from the Man Utd away game. Haven't made any changes to the tactic whatsoever.
View attachment 457137
Near the end of my season so I plugged it in and as you can see have had some favourable results, but a few improvements can be made to the defensive side of the tactic no doubt.

View attachment 457138View attachment 457140View attachment 457141View attachment 457144View attachment 457147

Granted these games are mainly against Utd, but it shows just how many CC's are created however on the otherside a lot are created by the opposition. I'm using the tactic on 14.2 and will try it out on other teams, but with a few tweaks defensively and to the set pieces both attacking and a little on the defensive side it can become even better.

I recommend a few people test it out to see how it works for them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x73erq1gl5mqaas/Compact Soccer.tac if anyone wants to try it out

dude i've made a tweak of this tactic that i think improves it. let me know if u wanna give it a try

All.

sounds good mate! is you tactic and concept similar to ours or something different?

Sorry had uploaded one wrong file (all should have CWB - Attack) so download again.(oh yea and a new patch has just been released!!!)

Okay here goes.

The reason people are getting frustrated with the match engine (14.2) is that the ME displays some weird stuff based on your tactic versus the AI. So if you are seeing some weird stuff like goalkeepers regularly messing up, or lots of opposition corner goals, its because your tactic isnt beating the AI.
I am not going to claim any credit for the creation of tactics, defensive or offensive set pieces, or training schedules. Ive just spent a lot of time reading and playing with other peoples work. To name the most prominent players and creators Jassar, Veez, Romain, TBH, calamity and w4nker to name but a few (oh yeah and total football fan on the SI forum). Theres good reading in these threads. But the result of that research is that Ive pulled together lots of different information from different posts.

TACTICAL FRAMEWORK
There is not one plug in and play tactic for FM14 v14.2
There is absolutely no doubt about this fact, you need three versions of your tactic of choice. This is down to the dline in FM14, its very important to any consistent success with this game.
Of the three versions of your tactic, one version should have a standard d-line, another with drop deep d-line, and one with push up d-line. Ive included my versions of the original tactic these in my post. These are my versions of the original tactic. Ive incorporated the set pieces from Jassars post in here and so far so good.
To be clear all three tactics have to be loaded into the tactics section (takes till dec / jan to get them fluid).
Judging which one is right is a two part decision.
There is lots of good reading and advice on using d-line versions in this forum. You need to read it and understand it.

PRE MATCH
Firstly match odds, if you are favourite use the drop deep version. This encourages the opposition to come out of their half and allow our team to exploit the space in behind them. If your team is close odds then use standard tactics, and if you are underdogs use the push up option.

IN MATCH
Once you have selected match tactics are in the game watching the match engine, keep a careful eye on the following to make sure you have chosen the right d-line, and by this I mean for the full 90 mins, not just the first 5 -10 mins.
If the oppo are pinging high balls over your back four change to drop deep version. This will stop their ability to catch out your back four.
If the oppo look like they are trying to pass themselves into your net switch to push up as this will limit their ability to find the space to pass.
If it looks like the oppo are sitting in their own half and your team is struggling to break through, drop deep and give your striker and AMs space to in and through.
Also during the match keep an eye on the oppos back line, if this is close to your half way line or even in your half then its time to push up. This can also be observed if their strikers are pushed up right on top of your back four, (looks like keeper and defenders cant find an out ball) thats also a push up signal.
Im playing with Watford and tend to start with standard and keep a watching brief for some of the above AI signals. If the match odds are overwhelming (3/1 fav or above is a good indicator) then generally its a strong indicator of what you are going to face. That said during testing Ive played a 3 division side and dropped deep and conceded in the first five mins. Much saving and reloading has resulted in my understanding that match odds are a guide not a definitive.
The AI can vary this several times during the match..the ME will show you this before they score and give you time to change the tactic (Extended highlights), but if you are watching the game in Key highlights sometimes the result is a goal, but don?t worry about this you?ve got time to change the tactic. Just get used to making the right observations about what the ME is telling you.
In both Pre Match & Match there is one important thing to decide upon and watch (and this may relate on to this tactic rather than others.

WING BACKS
Okay this is the hard work part. I think the AI looks at your formation and identifies the weak spots and tries to exploit them. In this tactic the only weak spots are down the flanks. The middle of the park is locked down in our favour by the formation.
The only way the AI is going to score against you is by pinging long balls over the top or by catching the attacking CWBs out of position. (lets forget the ragemaking corner goals for the moment)
So in general if the oppo are playing AML/AMRs you need to do the following
Change both of you CWB to WBs
Change to Support role rather than Attack
In player instructions remove gets further forward and close down less
Man Mark the AML/AMR.
This should neutralise the threat of their wide men exposure
If the oppo are playing ML/MR then you need to keep an eye on their focus in the match engine. If the oppo get possession of the ball and the wide men push up immediately treat them like they are AML/ AMR and follow the above instructions.
If they sit in like in defensive mode then do nothing
If the oppo dont have and Midfield or Attack based wide men then dont change a thing maybe if anything tick exploit the flanks in your own team instructions.
You need to keep an eye on this during the whole match and be aware if you change Tactic from push up to drop deep etc then you will have to go through the above changes (the default tactic has the CWB?s bombing up the park).
The AI changes the formation regularly during the match and you will have to react accordingly. i tend to watch the match on Split screen . One half with pitch view and the other with the oppos formation.

TRAINING
This is pretty straightforward
General Training is Balanced Average
Match Training is Tactics only 50% (until tactics fliud) then drop to 30%

PLAYER RATINGS
To follow. Though TOTALFOOTBALLFAN on the SI forum has pointed out some good player values (pay close attention to the PPM's) [FM 14.2.0]IMBA Tiki-Taka dominance from TotalFootballFan!

Last edited:
Back