3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
great result! but does it work consistently? and dont u find u concede a lot in general, especially form set-pieces?

it always works! natural that not all the games I have 13 clear chances but I would not trade with any other tactic! I did not make the case to the goals conceded but the last career I finished I finished with 15 goals conceded in 38 games and frankly even if I took them all on kicks do not care, so there are few .. ;)

Ok here it is, remember this is only slight changes in formation and player settings etc from the original so its really still a work in progress but 1 that has worked for me really well so far. I used it as plug and play with only difference changing mentality to standard for tougher games so im sure you guys out there that know alot more than me could make it better. I have added set piece settings to corners and free kicks too now.

Formation

View attachment 459671

Also remember to let it get fluid, this is what i used in pre-season

View attachment 459668

Then for the season after it was fluid changed to balanced - average with def pos.

I havent had a chance to try it with any1 else as i only did this yesterday so hope it goes as good for yous as it has been for me.

Credit to Romain & Veez - Tactic Tweak - View attachment 459669

Only played 5 games with your tactic so far, but the results have been excellent. Its like the last two patches didnt happen.... Hope it stays that way all through the season;)

I'm done with FM and all you idiots there in SI! Dear sirs let me congratulate you all, after 21 years playing this game i'm just not having fun anymore. And I just don't want to lose any time with something that irritates and frustates me more and more! Some of you speak about how the game should be tough and realistic... just look at THIS:

View attachment 436719

If this happened lets say once in every ten matches I would be ok, BUT it's happening ALL the the time!

Please don't take me wrong...
I'm no hooligan, I'm a very passionate fan of the series, and thats why I have to say this: FM 2014=big pile of ****!!!
ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE SIRS!!

Only played 5 games with your tactic so far, but the results have been excellent. Its like the last two patches didnt happen.... Hope it stays that way all through the season;)

Glad to hear mate, yea i think it helped it b more solid in defence and still allow the attack. Ive just tweaked the original tactic again and kept the same formation. Slight player setting adjustments allow it to b good in defence and keeping the same attack, going good again so far. Testing this see how it goes, would b cool to keep the same formation and get the results :)

I'm done with FM and all you idiots there in SI! Dear sirs let me congratulate you all, after 21 years playing this game i'm just not having fun anymore. And I just don't want to lose any time with something that irritates and frustates me more and more! Some of you speak about how the game should be tough and realistic... just look at THIS:

View attachment 461211

If this happened lets say once in every ten matches I would be ok, BUT it's happening ALL the the time!

Please don't take me wrong...
I'm no hooligan, I'm a very passionate fan of the series, and thats why I have to say this: FM 2014=big pile of ****!!!
ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE SIRS!!

That is ridiculous mate! Ive never seen anything like that to b honest, what tactic?

Being a fan of strikerless formations, been using my own tweak of bonustime's Dark Wing Ducks 2:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-tactics/151619-14-2-dark-wing-ducks-14.html

Found it to be the most consistent tactic for last patch!! But god, I'm going mad with this!! Consistently dominating matches and the game just decides I CAN'T WIN. In that particular match I'm SURE if they had a single shot in the entire 90 mins they would have won it 1-0!!!! NOT FUNNY anymore...

Just like to share with you guys my results so far of my latest tweak ive made to the ORIGINAL tactic and using the same ORIGINAL formation :)

As you can see I kept the beloved 3-4-2-1 formation :P

View attachment 436712

The results with wins against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and drew with Man Utd

View attachment 436711

And some stats against some smaller and bigger teams

View attachment 436710 View attachment 436709 View attachment 436708 View attachment 436707 View attachment 436706 View attachment 436705

Screw you SI and your patch! *Easy* lol. Enjoying the game again :D

Just like to share with you guys my results so far of my latest tweak ive made to the ORIGINAL tactic and using the same ORIGINAL formation :)

View attachment 461226

View attachment 461229

View attachment 461230 View attachment 461232 View attachment 461233 View attachment 461234 View attachment 461237 View attachment 461238

Looking forward to trying your new tweak. Even though your last tactic is working really well I tend to have som troubles when facing the best teams...

View attachment 461226

View attachment 461229

View attachment 461230 View attachment 461232 View attachment 461233 View attachment 461234 View attachment 461237 View attachment 461238

can u upload this tactic????

Right so start of pre season start getting the tactic fluid by setting it to the usual - put the tactic in all 3 add tactic slots, General training set to team coh and very high, Match training set to tactics only and scheduling pushed right over to the left unticking allow rest before match like below

View attachment 436624

I left mine like this till was fully fluid then changed it to this

View attachment 436623

I used the D-line tweaking and mentality this time depending what team i played, for example if your playing a small team put your D-line much deeper which draws them out to you. If your up against a harder team put you D-line much higher up to always b harassing them high up into mistakes but also this time put your mentality to standard which helps b more defensive but allowing your attack against the stronger team. If your playing a team similar to you just leave as it is but if your finding the team is being hard to break down change it to drop much deeper again to pull them out to you.

For corners put a left footed player taking the right corners and right footed player the left corners it helps.

Season so far after tactic got fluid

View attachment 436619 View attachment 436618 View attachment 436617 View attachment 436616 View attachment 436615 View attachment 436613

Remember give the tactic time to get fluid as it takes longer than the more normal formation tactics.

As before only tested with 1 team so far but testing smaller today so let me know how it goes for yous.

View attachment 436620

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you explain the tweaks?

Right so start of pre season start getting the tactic fluid by setting it to the usual - put the tactic in all 3 add tactic slots, General training set to team coh and very high, Match training set to tactics only and scheduling pushed right over to the left unticking allow rest before match like below

Can you explain the tweaks?

Yea basically tried to make it better defending as the attacking its still great. Nomore offside trap ticked as the ME gets balls over the top to easily and through balls, the keeper distributes to defenders anyway he can not just short as i found he made mistakes and the opposition sometimes was able to run down his pass to the defenders, the 2 DM's set to play fewer risk passes as they also got caught making silly passes with the ME, CWB's dont tackle hard as i found they gave alot of penalties away when they chased players back and tackled them inside the box, the 2 CM's run wide with ball as it takes the opposition defenders out of place allowing our players to break through also helps the CWB's as they cut inside.

This and using the D-line instructions like most tactics need to now i think makes it work better over this patch. Hope it does for you guys too.

As i said small tweaks, to b honest it didnt need much just the ME had it making silly mistakes and to easy for through balls etc.

First game using SicSyo tweak, no where near fluid yet, lets hope its not first time lucky!!! Used standard and high d-line, I was 2-0 and then they got a man sent off, fingers crossed.........View attachment 436596

View attachment 461226

View attachment 461229

Can you put a link up to your tweaked version

First game using SicSyo tweak, no where near fluid yet, lets hope its not first time lucky!!! Used standard and high d-line, I was 2-0 and then they got a man sent off, fingers crossed.........View attachment 461511

Happy days mate yea takes awhile to get fluid but when it is its really effective, hope its continues for you, i noticed against bigger teams yea they will have more possession and all even shots but the defense is better so instead of them beating you ridiculous scores as people have found in the patch you can get a draw out of them if not a win which is good :) as you seen in my ss i done chelsea and man city by 3 goals :)

Back