3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
I've had similar results like the ones mcd9a wrote about. I've tried both of your tactics and got fired before christmas with both. I've used them with Liverpool and followed your instructions pretty much all the way.

Before that I've created my own tactics but they all sucked even worse. I've tried a few more tactics uploaded here but I've never made it past new year without getting the boot.

I'm not getting this game, I've played the franchise since the good old CM-days and this installation is by far the most difficult. Or, if you ask me, the most fakked up version in the universe. My Macbook is soon to be a scrapbook. I'm so frustrated I cry before I go to sleep, my wife won't have it and my kids are wondering what happened to their jolly old dad. Maybe the answer is in the bottle.

I've had similar results like the ones mcd9a wrote about. I've tried both of your tactics and got fired before christmas with both. I've used them with Liverpool and followed your instructions pretty much all the way.

Before that I've created my own tactics but they all sucked even worse. I've tried a few more tactics uploaded here but I've never made it past new year without getting the boot.

I'm not getting this game, I've played the franchise since the good old CM-days and this installation is by far the most difficult. Or, if you ask me, the most fakked up version in the universe. My Macbook is soon to be a scrapbook. I'm so frustrated I cry before I go to sleep, my wife won't have it and my kids are wondering what happened to their jolly old dad. Maybe the answer is in the bottle.

thats the general consensus since the last patch came out

I don't want to seem arrogant or cocky but have you tried this:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...d-defense-fabulous-attack-great-football.html

i had tried your earlier versions, and enojyed them. however just tried your final version and its impressive. gonna start a new save with it tommorrow. just proves that tactics with few or no instructions have the best results in this patch. also proves (if it needed any proof) taht this game (patch) is ****** up. no point in having individual instructions if they dont work

try it on 34210

i had tried your earlier versions, and enojyed them. however just tried your final version and its impressive. gonna start a new save with it tommorrow. just proves that tactics with few or no instructions have the best results in this patch. also proves (if it needed any proof) taht this game (patch) is ****** up. no point in having individual instructions if they dont work

Anyone care to PM me and let me know how to get my game back to patch 14.2... I am really fed up of this current patch, Why oh why cant FM just allow us to choose which patch we wish to play.

One match against big team does not mean much.
you can save and load for 10 times,then compare and analyse the results.

I tweaked SicSyco's tactics mentality and team instructions a bit. I'm Southampton by the way :P

Hi ! Just started using this tac.. in the middle of a season, i just use this tac against Newcastle, (familiarity:awkward), won 3-1..
Its great tac, considering the familiarity and players i use in certain positions (Rooney:CM)..

I just wanna ask, other than setting up D-line, do i need to set up other stuff ? OI maybe ?
For D-line, offside trap ON for high d-line ? OFF for deep ?

Last edited:
Thought I would post about this tactic as it seems to be getting less attention lately.I used it for a whole season in the Premier League with Leeds United and with a media prediction of 16th I managed to finish 6th and got the FA Cup final.While you do lose a lot of games most of those are caused by the match engine issues.Stupid mistakes by players,freak goals and games where you dominate possession and chances and lose but overall the tactic does work really well.

I am not that keen on the formation but the attacking play does work.The wing backs get forward very often and create chances from the wings.The midfielders play through the middle quite often and with a pacy striker like I have Saido Berahino he makes a lot of goals just by bursting though.As with all tactics rotation is KEY and you must rotate your players a lot to stop them getting tired but I LOVE this tactic and will continue to use it.Btw I used the SicSyco Style tweak posted in this thread somewhere and will continue to use it as it's working for my side and allowing me to build them into a bigger side which is all I wanted.

This tactic is very good with the latest patch.It's just most people expect a tactic will let them win everything without putting the effort in but FM is not a plug and play game anymore which in my opinion is a good thing.You have to work at team talks,rotation and players in certain roles to succeed.

View attachment 433184View attachment 433183View attachment 433182View attachment 433181

Last edited:
Glad to hear that there are some people out there that understand that it's not just not about plug n play win everything :) U have to work at the tactics and your team to do well now. Your spot on about most goals coming from the stupid match engine faults it's ridiculous, keeper leavin the ball to go past him etc lmao joke! Sort it SI! I've recently adjusted the tactic making it have more possession and it's working well needs few more tweaked bits, but it looks like this thread is dying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its dying becouse of this patch. Iam not intressted in trying to make a new tactic for it. I will wait for the next ME fix ;>

Erm, why?

FOOTBALL MANAGER 2014 – UPDATE 14.2.2 CHANGE LIST
======================================

- Fixed runtime error when interacting with calendar
- Fixed rare crash on continue
- Ensured individual player instructions are retained when switching tactics
- Improved balance of interview offers following manual applications
- Fixed rare case of duplicated players in user's squad
- Prevented user sometimes being sacked despite reaching board points target
- Fixed Swedish Reserve league age restrictions

Back