3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
View attachment 435386 here's na exemple of how to use both tactics and how the "tougher" tactic can be used against smaller teams. originally i was going with "smaller" for this game, however just a couple of minutes into the game i noticed that everton were going to try and work the ball into the box as opposed to play it into space, so i quickly changed to the "tougher" tactic. great performance and great result!
View attachment 435074View attachment 435076 there you go mate. the "smaller" tactic plays a deeper def. line and should be used against teams that prefer a direct football that will try to exploit space behind defence, normally smaller teams. the "tough" tactic plays a higher d-line and is to be played against teams that prefer posession football, normally tougher teams. im gonna cal it a night, if you can pst some results that i can have a look at in the morning i'd really appreciate it :) cheers

that is the difficult part! lol but you need to have a couple of things in consideration: their quality compared to yours, have a look at their formation and the players they are using, a lot of pacey front men means more direct, a packed midfield means more posession. but mostly i just play the tougher against the top teams and the smaller against teasm i expect to beat. obviously, if at the beginning of the game you notice that you've made the wrong choice, change to the other one.

original one goin to try smaller opponents as u suggest

take these points into account when choosing which tactic to play with and use left footed midfielder in MCR position and vice versa, this will help create and finish more chances

Last edited:
View attachment 447387View attachment 447386View attachment 447385View attachment 447384View attachment 447383 this is how my season stands at the moment using the "tougher" and "smaller" tactics. only 2 losses all season, and i've posted screenshots of those games, where you can see that we should have never lost those games. a few draws, but the only one i'd say we didnt desserve to win was against arsenal away, that was a fair result. we've scored 39 goals in 19 games and conceeded only 12, and considering tactic is only fluid now and that i bought a fair amount of players and am actually playing a few out of position, i'd say this is a very good outcome! hope we can see it through the rest of the season :)

Replayed this match with changes and this happened

View attachment 435514View attachment 435516View attachment 435518

But next match also using Tougher tactic this happened

View attachment 435522View attachment 435523View attachment 435524

let me guess, you pressed too high up the pitch and they caught u out with through balls? need to change the names of the tactics, to deep and high, so that it doesnt confuse people. try playing the same game with the "smaller" tactic and see what happens. read one of the posts above where i explain how to use them

Can you retrain Osvaldo to Shadow Striker? When I look to retrain him the option for SS is not in the list.

first game using small got 7 CCCs and draw 1 - 1 lol so unlucky, anyway it seems a great tactic

match prep Def. Pos. as usual?

and no OI's?

I have tried to having training as attack and attack movement.
Then I train all midfielders and attackers to 'placed shot ' as 1st, then 2nd I will train them to break offside trap....

I have tried to having training as attack and attack movement.
Then I train all midfielders and attackers to 'placed shot ' as 1st, then 2nd I will train them to break offside trap....

train to chip keeper too

So tough tactic against team who play the ball about and keep possesion i.e arsenal, and smaller tactic against teams who are quick n look to pump ball forward?

Anyone no how to sell player's in the game trying to get rid of my wingers for man c

Back