3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
tactic isn't fully fluid but doesn't seem to work properly for me against smaller clubs

View attachment 379112

I've won this one with two corner kicks goals (btw didn't realize default corners were so powerful, my centre-back has scored 5 goals in 3 games with default settings..) but really no scoring chances for me (or for the other team) for the whole 90 minutes. I'm afraid my team has too much reputation at this point (it's 2020 and we're a worldwide superpower) and opponents simply refuse to play and are happy to sit deep and 'counter' my counter. Very hard for my team to even get shots on goal playing with counter mentality, let alone get CCC's or one on one chances :(

I don't blame your tactic, seems like my team is just too reputable to play counter with most opponents, I need to press and attack more to get those CCC's! I've won a lot of matches/championships in 14.3 but could never build consistent 1 vs 1 chances since the old 3-4-2-1-0 for 14.1, which is so disappointing!

I've tested the "final" one with Sevilla (season 22/23 on my "unemployed" save) :

Friendlies :
Middlesbrough : 2-1
Salt Lake : 4-0
Caen : 4-0
Pumas : 6-0
Bologna : 1-1
Spezia : 5-0

Liga :
Getafe ( A ) : 0-3
Athletic Bilbao ( H ) : 2-0

Spanish Super Cup :
Real Madrid ( H ) : 1-0

Solid !

tactic isn't fully fluid but doesn't seem to work properly for me against smaller clubs

View attachment 591437

I've won this one with two corner kicks goals (btw didn't realize default corners were so powerful, my centre-back has scored 5 goals in 3 games with default settings..) but really no scoring chances for me (or for the other team) for the whole 90 minutes. I'm afraid my team has too much reputation at this point (it's 2020 and we're a worldwide superpower) and opponents simply refuse to play and are happy to sit deep and 'counter' my counter. Very hard for my team to even get shots on goal playing with counter mentality, let alone get CCC's or one on one chances :(

I don't blame your tactic, seems like my team is just too reputable to play counter with most opponents, I need to press and attack more to get those CCC's! I've won a lot of matches/championships in 14.3 but could never build consistent 1 vs 1 chances since the old 3-4-2-1-0 for 14.1, which is so disappointing!

have you tried changing to attacking mentality? if you do so drop the back line

have you tried changing to attacking mentality? if you do so drop the back line

I haven't, thought that would jeopardize the main idea behind the tactic. You think that would work within the concept of this formation?

I find it so hard to create space and chances for strikers with any tactic when opponents defend so deep. Nobody defends so deep in Serie A irl...

I haven't, thought that would jeopardize the main idea behind the tactic. You think that would work within the concept of this formation?

I find it so hard to create space and chances for strikers with any tactic when opponents defend so deep. Nobody defends so deep in Serie A irl...

its worth a try. overloading them might work. yeah, seria A is a ***** with defensive and deep teams

its worth a try. overloading them might work. yeah, seria A is a ***** with defensive and deep teams

yeah you see that even if it's not meant to be a possession tactic I had more possession than Sassuolo in that match and I was playing away. In another match at home I had 65% possession, not sure what I was 'countering' oO)

yeah you see that even if it's not meant to be a possession tactic I had more possession than Sassuolo in that match and I was playing away. In another match at home I had 65% possession, not sure what I was 'countering' oO)

lol let me know how changing the mentality works you mate :)

just made a defensive version to see out games when we get a comfortable lead against dangerous opposition. here are both tactics:

View attachment 378951

View attachment 378950

might look into making an attack version for when chasing a lead or playing very deep and defensive opposition

veez... it works, at least in Serie A. was on a losing streak and on the verge of getting sacked and then changed mentality to Control with D-line to Push Up Higher. Gotta test a few more matches

veez... it works, at least in Serie A. was on a losing streak and on the verge of getting sacked and then changed mentality to Control with D-line to Push Up Higher. Gotta test a few more matches

were you having poor results with the counter mentality?

yes... was being overrun by teams from bottom of the table.

strange. havent experienced that. when you say overrun do you mean getting put under constant pressure or simply getting caught out with through balls in behind ur defence?

View attachment 378938

was having a hard time breaking hull down, so changed to attack mentality and removed much higher d-line and off-side trap. did so around 70 mins in and stu managed to get us the winner :)

this is how things stand:

View attachment 378936View attachment 378935

nearly all the goals i've conceeded have been from f-kicks, corners or penalties, so i'm really happy with the way this is going

strange. havent experienced that. when you say overrun do you mean getting put under constant pressure or simply getting caught out with through balls in behind ur defence?

under constant pressure and crosses are flying in from every corner of the field. i tried changing the CWB to WB (Support) but still my players seems out of sort. After changing the mentality to support, most of the time im dominating at the opposition's side of the field.

under constant pressure and crosses are flying in from every corner of the field. i tried changing the CWB to WB (Support) but still my players seems out of sort. After changing the mentality to support, most of the time im dominating at the opposition's side of the field.

who are you playing with? you're probably lacking physical presence in midfield and are finding it difficult to gain control of the ball when sitting back. glad control mentality is working for you. i'll include that in the write-up for the new thread. also check that your wide SS's are man marking the opponent full-backs during the match.

edit: you can also change your training to def. positioning instead of att. movement

Last edited:
View attachment 591844

was having a hard time breaking hull down, so changed to attack mentality and removed much higher d-line and off-side trap. did so around 70 mins in and stu managed to get us the winner :)

this is how things stand:

View attachment 591846View attachment 591848

nearly all the goals i've conceeded have been from f-kicks, corners or penalties, so i'm really happy with the way this is going

I've found Artisan (magic rectangle) defending corners set-up to be very effective, give it a try. Also default attacking corners but with 'aim 6 yard box' seems to work ridiculously well for me...

Back