3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
The save I'm playing hasn't been touched for a long time now, was just playing with a local club getting them to the highest tier. So it's in 2036 and I saved as I got a job interview from Bayern, thought if there was a tactic that could lead them to old glory days I'll return, as I've never played with Bayern in any FM, despite me being german. So playing for fun, but so far it looks very, very promising.

Here's the 2nd match of ECC against City, shows 1st match wasn't random at all :P

View attachment 378798

And here the results so far

View attachment 378796

Didn't deserve to draw or even lose matches, it just was one of "those" matches in this years ME. Just one match was even, the one against my former club, Bergheim.

The save I'm playing hasn't been touched for a long time now, was just playing with a local club getting them to the highest tier. So it's in 2036 and I saved as I got a job interview from Bayern, thought if there was a tactic that could lead them to old glory days I'll return, as I've never played with Bayern in any FM, despite me being german. So playing for fun, but so far it looks very, very promising.

Here's the 2nd match of ECC against City, shows 1st match wasn't random at all :P

View attachment 592128

And here the results so far

View attachment 592131

Didn't deserve to draw or even lose matches, it just was one of "those" matches in this years ME. Just one match was even, the one against my former club, Bergheim.

awesome reuslts mate. did u use counter mentality for all of those games?

Mainly, yes. Except in home matches when I was favoured with higher odds than 6.00, where I used your Control version.

guys, need to ask a favour of one, or more of you. i've tried "play narrower" for a couple of games now, and i think it really improves the quality of our CCC's, as the front 3 are closer together and the wide SS's chances arent so far out wide. also think it improves the quality of our posession in midfield. also gives better cohesion defensively, leaving less space in between players, which is where i find i concede most goals besides set-pieces, with a player holding up the ball in front of the defender and turning, playing in a player running in behind another defender into open space. playing narrower this occurs less.

i'd like to ask a couple of you to help me test the tactic with "play narrower" implemented, so we can then decide if it is a better variation of the tactic or not and if it should be added to the final version.

cheers!

im also trying defensive positioning on 50% now as training. taking into account it is a counter tactic, i believe that the better we defend, the more dangerous we can be going forward.

View attachment 378752

One of the matches I started with Control. It's not fully fluid yet as I added it when I was already into the season, so I will using it more if it's fluid.

guys, need to ask a favour of one, or more of you. i've tried "play narrower" for a couple of games now, and i think it really improves the quality of our CCC's, as the front 3 are closer together and the wide SS's chances arent so far out wide. also think it improves the quality of our posession in midfield. also gives better cohesion defensively, leaving less space in between players, which is where i find i concede most goals besides set-pieces, with a player holding up the ball in front of the defender and turning, playing in a player running in behind another defender into open space. playing narrower this occurs less.

i'd like to ask a couple of you to help me test the tactic with "play narrower" implemented, so we can then decide if it is a better variation of the tactic or not and if it should be added to the final version.

cheers!
Backing up my save now to test it, will be a good comparison of before and after. Didn't even lose fluidity because I had the defensive version already sticked, what about the "Play Wider" option in the control one?

Backing up my save now to test it, will be a good comparison of before and after. Didn't even lose fluidity because I had the defensive version already sticked, what about the "Play Wider" option in the control one?

if its working for the control version, let it be! and when trying to break down a deep d-line, playing narrower wont help anyway, so this tweak is solely for the counter version. cheers mate!

Play narrower tweak? Do we just change the final versions available or will new versions be up soon?

Play narrower tweak? Do we just change the final versions available or will new versions be up soon?

for now its just a test, to see if it actually improves on the original version. i've asked a few people to help with such testing, you're welcome to do so too. this is only for the counter version, simply "play narrower". if it proves better than the original version, i'll upload a new final counter tactic

sorry mate, forgot to mention, i also changed all 3 CB's to cover

veez i'm in pre-season.. post a ss with new tactic and i'll test when the season start...

The "Play Narrower" tweak definately did something, we don't have more CCCs than before (which is actually quite hard because they already were immense) but, more important, the goal conversion of these seem to get higher. The front 3 players + the WBs are getting closer to the goal and in more dangerous striking positions. I had high-scoring matches before but not on this consistent base, played 4 matches until now and scored 12, while conceding 1.

The "Play Narrower" tweak definately did something, we don't have more CCCs than before (which is actually quite hard because they already were immense) but, more important, the goal conversion of these seem to get higher. The front 3 players + the WBs are getting closer to the goal and in more dangerous striking positions. I had high-scoring matches before but not on this consistent base, played 4 matches until now and scored 12, while conceding 1.

nice!! thats exactly what i experienced. looking good :)

****** ****, a match I was expecting to get very close, as Hoffenheim has one of the best squads in the game right now and I've always had problems beating them, but, here's the revenge for the supercup

View attachment 378720

Also did a quick calculation of CCCs and their goal conversion, which lies at 48% so every 2nd CCC is a goal, amazing if you take into account how much CCCs you get per game with these tactics. Lost my first match after a unbeaten run of 14 matches before that, frantically switched to control at the end of the match and then losing 0-1.

Last edited:
Back