3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
lool which version ?

the one in OP.

If I feel we are struggling too much with ball possession (under 40%, which sometimes can happen) I change DM's to BWM's (which I think is one of the popular tweaks in the thread) to try and have more pressure. But using the original tactic most of the time.

the one in OP.

If I feel we are struggling too much with ball possession (under 40%, which sometimes can happen) I change DM's to BWM's (which I think is one of the popular tweaks in the thread) to try and have more pressure. But using the original tactic most of the time.

Yea the first one is the best IMO , very consistent with the CCC's

I am loving this tactic with my Spurs save. Will post the results of the first season when I finish it.

First season with this tactic, I finished second behind Chelsea. I needed Chelsea to lose their second to last game of the season against Aston Villa and they won 1-nil on a 37th minute John Terry goal. We played them in the last game of the season and absolutely destroyed them 7-1 at White Hart Lane. I have a feeling next year we'll win the title.

As far as transfers went, I sold my strikers and wingers. Didn't need them with this formation. You will see why in the individual player stats. I didn't bring in anyone either. Never used OPI's, and used common sense when it came to pep talks.

Premier League Results
f532e702cb1d86662c9df454537666cb.png

9999659aae5e7f5d720769207dd16815.png

Euro Cup Results
c5a90630ddb6231bb5cd6e28c9e2f183.png

Capital One Cup Results
015e61772c8d0d89d2088920f539dde1.png

We lost against Fulham on a Paulinho own goal.

FA Cup Results
02dd32e44480b8b59a3b1552d6a6b562.png

Final League Table
7b84d16b3944da62fd7ac89b65d2d597.png

Player Stats
854db57af0f65df6e32c8ccdcaa4ea2f.png

So as you can see, I had one **** of a season. Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, and Paulinho played absolutely amazing for me. The reason why I think this tactic works with The Spurs is because their midfield is great. Lamela and Eriksen grew when it comes to ability and potential. Pretty sure Sandro did as well. Definitely looking forward to next season, as well as the Champions League!

I also forgot to mention I'm American. And I want to become the first American manager to win the Premier Division title.

Last edited:
First season with this tactic, I finished second behind Chelsea. I needed Chelsea to lose their second to last game of the season against Aston Villa and they won 1-nil on a 37th minute John Terry goal. We played them in the last game of the season and absolutely destroyed them 7-1 at White Hart Lane. I have a feeling next year we'll win the title.

As far as transfers went, I sold my strikers and wingers. Didn't need them with this formation. You will see why in the individual player stats. I didn't bring in anyone either. Never used OPI's, and used common sense when it came to pep talks.

Premier League Results
f532e702cb1d86662c9df454537666cb.png

9999659aae5e7f5d720769207dd16815.png

Euro Cup Results
c5a90630ddb6231bb5cd6e28c9e2f183.png

Capital One Cup Results
015e61772c8d0d89d2088920f539dde1.png

We lost against Fulham on a Paulinho own goal.

FA Cup Results
02dd32e44480b8b59a3b1552d6a6b562.png

Final League Table
7b84d16b3944da62fd7ac89b65d2d597.png

Player Stats
854db57af0f65df6e32c8ccdcaa4ea2f.png

So as you can see, I had one **** of a season. Lamela, Dembele, Eriksen, and Paulinho played absolutely amazing for me. The reason why I think this tactic works with The Spurs is because their midfield is great. Lamela and Eriksen grew when it comes to ability and potential. Pretty sure Sandro did as well. Definitely looking forward to next season, as well as the Champions League!

I also forgot to mention I'm American. And I want to become the first American manager to win the Premier Division title.

Which version??

Last edited:
Is the old formation better, or this new formation? In terms of more goals and lesser goal conceded...?

As u can see, i finally find a 41410 version with less against CCCs, the shame is we make poor CCCs, too.
But i think that's for the low level of my team... (my topscorer is 'Gato'... find him) ;)

If anyone can test with another team and feedback...

View attachment 436986

Thanks all and specially romain an veez for this great tactic.

Hey there. I've tried the original tactic with Liverpool. Won the league title in the first season, but was knocked out of both cups. Possession stats are always quite low, and the football on display isn't great either, since most of them are lobbed balls over the defense. But the results are fantastic. Only lost two games in the league.
For the majority of the season, this was my team
GK: Mignolet/Sommer
CB: Skrtel, Shawcross, Agger
RWB: Johnson, LWB: Wendt/Enrique
DM: Fernando, Yacob/Ekdal
CM: Lodeiro, Gerrard/Coutinho
AMC: Ben Arfa/Aspas

Ben Arfa came second on the goalscorers list, two behind Eto'o, but Ben Arfa missed the first 3 months with injury. Lodeiro was a revelation for me at CM, scored 10 league goals, got 19 assists(league second). Highest rating in the league and won the Player's Player of the Year. Ben Arfa won the Player of the Year. A lot of our chances made fell to our wingbacks and because of their poor finishing ratings they often missed.

Last edited:
I've just seen the results posted by mantorras77 in his test, as expected, this tactic is the best.
Good job romian.

35fb1502feee6ed63e482eef237ae462.png

Decided to give this a whirl with Strasbourg as a) I couldn't find a good TM for my tactic and b) I like the look of it.

Get the odd bad result, but the CCC creation is outstanding. Above is a screen shot in which I won 7-1, with 9ccc, 11hc and my AMC scored 5!

What kind of player should I get for the DM slots? After the first season I got some more players for there and none of them seem to have consistently good games - usually my DMs only get a 6.7 or a 6.8 rating.

Back