3-4-2-1 No striker tactic - CCC:s Gold!

• Thread starter Thread starter romian
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 1M
Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I'm Juve and nearing the end of the season just losing and drawing games, team can't create chances and concede the odd goal from a set piece even though I'm using Jasser's set pieces.

View attachment 442811

Managed to win CL and luckily had big enough lead in league otherwise would have lost it if I played a few more games.

we are still playing good football and creating lots of chances but attackers miss a lot of EASY goals cant blame the tactic for this! I dont know why we concede so much from corner kicks, the fact is we dont score either from corners so it feels soooo unfair most of the games...

also I accept the tactic can concede a few one vs one chances, I find it extremely suspect that AI has such a higher % of converting those chances compared to us. I mean we often have 8-9 one vs one and usually score ONE. AI has three and score ALWAYS one, often two, sometimes three... might buy better defenders next year, hopefully we can pick up form after a tragic january :)

we are still playing good football and creating lots of chances but attackers miss a lot of EASY goals cant blame the tactic for this! I dont know why we concede so much from corner kicks, the fact is we dont score either from corners so it feels soooo unfair most of the games...

also I accept the tactic can concede a few one vs one chances, I find it extremely suspect that AI has such a higher % of converting those chances compared to us. I mean we often have 8-9 one vs one and usually score ONE. AI has three and score ALWAYS one, often two, sometimes three... might buy better defenders next year, hopefully we can pick up form after a tragic january :)

Agree with you 100%, many games i have around 5,6 ccc against 1,2. And they always score.
But...! if i some games play a better team, and they have 3,4 ccc against mine 1,2. I always score and many times win the game

Agree with you 100%, many games i have around 5,6 ccc against 1,2. And they always score.
But...! if i some games play a better team, and they have 3,4 ccc against mine 1,2. I always score and many times win the game

yeah I suspect that even if SI always deny this there might be some sort of 'boost effect' for teams that have less chances in order to give some balance to results, otherwise it's just HUGE coincidence. 'Unfortunately' with your tactic I'm always the team that creates MUCH more 1 one 1 chances, so we get screwed XD

I know everyone ask you this and tbf I've only used the original tactic, but which version is the one you like better overall considering offensive/defensive balance (ofc keeping in mind the d-line adjustments for different opponents)? also WB's man marking opposite wingers is something you'd suggest?

as always thank you for this immense tactic :)

Last edited:
yeah I suspect that even if SI always deny this there might be some sort of 'boost effect' for teams that have less chances in order to give some balance to results, otherwise it's just HUGE coincidence. 'Unfortunately' with your tactic I'm always the team that creates MUCH more 1 one 1 chances, so we get screwed XD

I know everyone ask you this and tbf I've only used the original tactic, but which version is the one you like better overall considering offensive/defensive balance (ofc keeping in mind the d-line adjustments for different opponents)? also WB's man marking oppsite wingers is something you'd suggest?

One-on-ones with a player running with the ball straight at the goalkeeper, being chased by defenders is not that good a chance as he is under pressure and lacks a good angle and are facing a well prepared goalkeeper. When playing without a FC, the d-line of the opponent gets pushed up too much, even for teams sitting deep and standing off ( a flaw in the ME against teams without FCs) so here, one gets too many one-on-ones.

It works both ways though. Lats night, I came up against a team playing a 460 and they got 7 one-on-ones against me but scored only from one of them.

I know everyone ask you this and tbf I've only used the original tactic, but which version is the one you like better overall considering offensive/defensive balance (ofc keeping in mind the d-line adjustments for different opponents)? also WB's man marking opposite wingers is something you'd suggest?

Its hard question to answer. The Original i think works best overall, atleast i got that impression from you guys here. But i have had the best results with the View attachment 442913 when i played Cardiff in my Superleague. But i feel its all about what team you are and what team you are playing and trying to balance the possession to get the most chances in a game.

I still have a few games every season that i cant get anything working and loss the match. But overall i always do good result.

One-on-ones with a player running with the ball straight at the goalkeeper, being chased by defenders is not that good a chance as he is under pressure and lacks a good angle and are facing a well prepared goalkeeper. When playing without a FC, the d-line of the opponent gets pushed up too much, even for teams sitting deep and standing off ( a flaw in the ME against teams without FCs) so here, one gets too many one-on-ones.

It works both ways though. Lats night, I came up against a team playing a 460 and they got 7 one-on-ones against me but scored only from one of them.

I agree (though most of the times attackers are out of reach for any defenders and still miss), the 'problem' is that this particular formation due to high d-line can concede some one vs one chances as well (esp against long ball strategies), very similar to the ones it creates. It's a very common pattern for me, creating 8-9 of these chances and always scoring one (sometimes two) and if I concede 2-3 of similar chances the opponents seem to score always one (more than sometimes two). Romian reports that this seems to happen when he's the team creating less chances, so sometimes you have the suspect that the 'less creative' team receives some sort of boost, and % of converted chances sometimes suggest so... but still it can be a big coincidence and/or false perception.

I also understand this particular tactic is border-line ME breaker, so strange things might happen sometimes XD

I agree (though most of the times attackers are out of reach for any defenders and still miss), the 'problem' is that this particular formation due to high d-line can concede some one vs one chances as well (esp against long ball strategies), very similar to the ones it creates. It's a very common pattern for me, creating 8-9 of these chances and always scoring one (sometimes two) and if I concede 2-3 of similar chances the opponents seem to score always one (more than sometimes two). Romian reports that this seems to happen when he's the team creating less chances, so sometimes you have the suspect that the 'less creative' team receives some sort of boost, and % of converted chances sometimes suggest so... but still it can be a big coincidence and/or false perception.

I also understand this particular tactic is border-line ME breaker, so strange things might happen sometimes XD

Well its not the first time a no striker tactic has worked great. When i played Football Manager Online i used a 4-6-0 tactic and was ranked 1 for almost 2 seasons. Used Giueseppe Rossi as AMC then ;>

I'm also using QPRmorris's tweak and its excellent. Started using it mid-way trough 3rd season with my Saints team.

3rd Season - 1st in prem, Champions league winners

So far this season - Community shield, Euro super cup and Club world championship.
Still in both capital one cup and FA and though to knockout phases of Champs league:)

Tactic is ace!

where can i find the tweak?

To solve the balls over the top/opposition scoring 1 on 1's.. can't our 3 CB be made using a central Sweeper ?

Back