360 or PS3???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair points. I dont tend to play online a lot. I just like to play the games. I'll have a stab at online on the odd occasion, so for me to have online free for use when i want it, thats better for me.

Frankie, the service isn't really that more 'polished' is it? I've noticed no difference in service.

Well, a all of my mates hated the Ps3 online, because it was more laggy, more people would find hacks and cheat in games, and overall on xbox, you have more opportunitys to download wicked cool add-ons, where was Ballad of Gay Tony For Ps3?. I'll admit the PS£ is the better machine, but I just think it has unnecessary add-ons, and when you say free wireless? is that worth payign the 300 pound price tag, or however much it is.

And another thing, I have huge hands, the Ps3 controls are too small for me really

Well, a all of my mates hated the Ps3 online, because it was more laggy, more people would find hacks and cheat in games, and overall on xbox, you have more opportunitys to download wicked cool add-ons, where was Ballad of Gay Tony For Ps3?. I'll admit the PS£ is the better machine, but I just think it has unnecessary add-ons, and when you say free wireless? is that worth payign the 300 pound price tag, or however much it is.

And another thing, I have huge hands, the Ps3 controls are too small for me really

I dont like the controllers on 360 haha! Controllers are too big for me :p

I'm not too fussed about the DLC, its what you want really aint it, if you enjoy online more!
You can get a PS3 for 250 odd now, with a 250gb hard drive or w/e it is. Thats for wireless, and a blu ray player dont forget, so to be honest its really good value for money.

stupid question really

because every1 who has a xbox will say xbox is better and every1 who has a ps3 will say ps3 is better

Last edited:
I dont like the controllers on 360 haha! Controllers are too big for me :p

I'm not too fussed about the DLC, its what you want really aint it, if you enjoy online more!
You can get a PS3 for 250 odd now, with a 250gb hard drive or w/e it is. Thats for wireless, and a blu ray player dont forget, so to be honest its really good value for money.
Yeah but as the PS3 goes down in price, so does the xbox. It's £130 now.

Xbox = Better value imo.

Thats really good, is that for an arcade? Where you get 256 mb memory card and a wired controller, with no headset? :p The Elite is only £190 on play.com though, thats mega value!

its an arcade with fifa 10 and borderlands for £129.99 on Amazon

stupid question really

because every1 who has a xbox will say xbox is better and every1 who has a ps3 will say ps3 is better

Thats the fun of it, jesus :p

i have to agree with keith coz everyone will keep on sayin the same thing BUT!

although i have a ps3 i think the 360 is the better console as it has much more games to choose from

I personally dont see the difference, the playstation for me just suits me perfectly. Most of my friends have playstations and some of my friends have both due to them liking it when playing it round mine but for big ocassions if you have any ps3 wins i have a few fifas tournys in a week with a load of friends on both consoles but on ps3 it just seems more better but we do play alot of fifa which suits the game better than xbox due to the controllers might be biased tho. My hands and fingers are pretty small im basically saying what most people think of the xbox controllers. Ps3 has a better variety of games that i like aswell games like uncharted(1/2) are awesome and people who havent played it are seriously missing out on my opinion one of the best games out modern warfare 2 included but thats my personnal opinion.

Ps3 wins anyday of the year.

Last edited:
My hands are big and the PS3 contrllers suit me fune.

I personally dont see the difference, the playstation for me just suits me perfectly. Most of my friends have playstations and some of my friends have both due to them liking it when playing it round mine but for big ocassions if you have any ps3 wins i have a few fifas tournys in a week with a load of friends on both consoles but on ps3 it just seems more better but we do play alot of fifa which suits the game better than xbox due to the controllers might be biased tho. My hands and fingers are pretty small im basically saying what most people think of the xbox controllers. Ps3 has a better variety of games that i like aswell games like uncharted(1/2) are awesome and people who havent played it are seriously missing out on my opinion one of the best games out modern warfare 2 included but thats my personnal opinion.

Ps3 wins anyday of the year.

Drakes Fortune is such a good game. Whats your PSN ID mate? I'll add you when I get back to uni, have a game on feef.

Drakes Fortune is such a good game. Whats your PSN ID mate? I'll add you when I get back to uni, have a game on feef.

Its under my sig:) Sorry the font's abit small lol ill change it now.

I'm off to the shops atm to get a few things to eat.

Its under my sig:) Sorry the font's abit small lol ill change it now.

I'm off to the shops atm to get a few things to eat.

My Ps3 is in Manchester mate, im back from university for the Christmas break. When i get back some point next week, I'll send you a friend request.

To be honest, people usually prefer their consoles because their friends have the same consoles and you can play together, I suggest getting a console that the majority of your friends have.

Now, for the reasons I prefer the PS3:

Playstation has always been my console of choice, and as a result couldn't imagine owning an XBox.
Free Online is amazing, I absolutely refuse to pay for Online play after purchasing a console and the game.
The controllers on the XBox 360 are not at all to my taste, the sticks are not symmetrical and the control is too fat and stiff, I absolutely hate them.
The PS3 simply looks better, although this isn't the greatest reason for prefering a console, a better looking console is still preferred.
IMO, XBox Live is not better than PSN, they serve an identical purpose and these additional 'chat options' do not appeal to me whatsoever.
Finally, I prefer the PS exclusives to the XBox's thus far, I absolutely HATE Halo and Gears of War (And don't say you haven't played them, some of my friends own XBoxs, I've played them plenty)

**** does it really matter, they both ALMOST have the same games, who gives a hoot about graphics not that anyone has mentioned it, thats all i get, PS3 has better graphics, i have had both in the past, on the same tv, and ps3 is better, seriously this thread was only gonna start arguments wasnt it, but i have xbox as all my friends have it, all my friends on live except for max and frankie i know in real life

PS3 all the way i had mine since the summer when it came out but got yellow light of death before christmas :/
But i had it for 4 1/2 years. Now i got PS3 slim 120 GB :D.
Add olimacca2k7 on play station online ;)

**** does it really matter, they both ALMOST have the same games, who gives a hoot about graphics not that anyone has mentioned it, thats all i get, PS3 has better graphics, i have had both in the past, on the same tv, and ps3 is better, seriously this thread was only gonna start arguments wasnt it, but i have xbox as all my friends have it, all my friends on live except for max and frankie i know in real life
Nobody is arguing.. :S Everyone is just saying what they think is better, it's not an arguement..

Put it this way, I only chose the Xbox due to the price at the time. £400 for a games console a couple of years ago was not an option for me and my old ps2 was on it's last legs so I had little other choice than to go for an Xbox. If I was put in the same situation only if it was today I had to make a choice, I would choose PS3 on the simple fact it is a good bit cheaper now than at the time of release

Status
Not open for further replies.