4-2-3-1 Wingers Paradise , Bringing back the lone striker(25+goals)

Tested the new tweak with Man United, De gea finished the season with 40 clean sheets, but tactic isn't as prolific in attack. Chances were being created but the players just didnt seem to score as many. The philosophy of the tactic is to hold onto the ball and counter attack given the chance.
Won Fa cup, League and COC, lost in semis of UCL to Bayern 5-4 on aggregate (very unfortunate, won home game 2-0, but away leg they scored 5 from 5 shots on target)

View attachment 621267View attachment 621268(73% win ratio for the season)
Should have finished the season unbeaten in the league, all the losses except one were 1-0 where the ME decides no matter how much you dominate you shall lose.

Not sure if you guys will like the tactic, its effective but not that entertaining.. sometimes with long periods of no highlights.
Will only upload if a test with a smaller team works out.

So would you say stick with the original tactic for man utd ?

So would you say stick with the original tactic for man utd ?

Well i havnt uploaded the new one, but depends on what you want out of your game. Lots of goals or great defense, in this save i conceded only 15 in the league. I would say stick to what gives you the best results. Wingers Paradise Alt. should do very well with united, I used mata on the left and valencia right with kagawa/rooney in the hole. Start with original tactic, if you keep winning no need to change but if you see your conceding change to Alt.

Also there's nothing wrong with the new tactic, i almost won everything with a superb defensive record, just didnt score as many as i would have liked.

Well i havnt uploaded the new one, but depends on what you want out of your game. Lots of goals or great defense, in this save i conceded only 15 in the league. I would say stick to what gives you the best results. Wingers Paradise Alt. should do very well with united, I used mata on the left and valencia right with kagawa/rooney in the hole. Start with original tactic, if you keep winning no need to change but if you see your conceding change to Alt.

Also there's nothing wrong with the new tactic, i almost won everything with a superb defensive record, just didnt score as many as i would have liked.

I dont mind not scoring as many but dont like to concede so i would be interested with your new update.

I dont mind not scoring as many but dont like to concede so i would be interested with your new update.

Started a new save with Norwich to test its capabilities with smaller teams.

First match of the season-->View attachment 366253

convinced me enough to share.

Tactic has no set OI's dont let assistant set them either.

Should i use alt v2 as my main tactic ?

Yes but keep Alt. in another slot to change up in a few matches and sometimes change at HT(overload) when chasing a goal.

Also at a start of any match if u notice the other team is dominating, change to Alt.

Looks interesting, going to give it a try but I have a question. You say you to switch to defensive mentality at half time if leading by two or more goals, do you change any of the team instructions? I'm just wondering if it's worth creating a separate version of the tactic for situations when you just want to hang onto a lead.

Last edited:
Looks interesting, going to give it a try but I have a question. You say you to switch to defensive mentality at half time if leading by two or more goals, do you change any of the team instructions? I'm just wondering if it's worth creating a separate version of the tactic for situations when you just want to hang onto a lead.

That was with the first version of the tactic which was leaky in defence. Current version does not require changing mentality. Instead i actually change to Alt. version at HT.

The alt v2 tactic works like a charm when you're not the favourites in a match but which tactic should I use if I am?

Played about 15 matches so far using this tactic and the results have been mixed. I only lost one match, an away game to Chelsea where I didn't have an ideal lineup due to a couple of key injuries and fixture congestion meaning a few of my starters were tired (it was a capital one cup match so I didn't care that much about it) so I can't complain. I beat Man City away (2-1) and Chelsea at home (2-0) and I'm sitting at 3rd in the league which isn't too bad but I've had quite a few disappointing draws like Aston Villa (0-0, Home) Cardiff (2-2, Away) and Stoke (1-1 Home). Possession is usually good but I've been struggling to score in most of my matches due to having so many shots off target. I saved a couple of screenshots as examples:

View attachment 366108
View attachment 366107

I've mostly been using the original version of the tactic when I'm the favourite and alt v2 when I'm the underdog or I get a 2 goal lead. I do switch to overload mentality when I really need to score which works... sometimes but even then, I still have a hard time scoring. My best striker has been injured twice already and I haven't even been able to use him in any competitive match yet (he got injured the second time in his first match back, which was a reserve match... so much for building up his fitness) so maybe things will improve when he is finally able to play. Anyway, I will continue testing tomorrow.

Last edited:
Played about 15 matches so far using this tactic and the results have been mixed. I only lost one match, an away game to Chelsea where I didn't have an ideal lineup due to a couple of key injuries and fixture congestion meaning a few of my starters were tired (it was a capital one cup match so I didn't care that much about it) so I can't complain. I beat Man City away (2-1) and Chelsea at home (2-0) and I'm sitting at 3rd in the league which isn't too bad but I've had quite a few disappointing draws like Aston Villa (0-0, Home) Cardiff (2-2, Away) and Stoke (1-1 Home). Possession is usually good but I've been struggling to score in most of my matches due to having so many shots off target. I saved a couple of screenshots as examples:

View attachment 621726
View attachment 621729

I've mostly been using the original version of the tactic when I'm the favourite and alt v2 when I'm the underdog or I get a 2 goal lead. I do switch to overload mentality when I really need to score which works... sometimes but even then, I still have a hard time scoring. My best striker has been injured twice already and I haven't even been able to use him in any competitive match yet (he got injured the second time in his first match back, which was a reserve match... so much for building up his fitness) so maybe things will improve when he is finally able to play. Anyway, I will continue testing tomorrow.

I have had the same problems too, the problem were not in the chances created but finishing. Make sure to play your Left-footers on the left and vice versa. If your looking for more goals, try starting with attacking mentality or use WP Alt with control. A Major amount of the goals happen from set-pieces, so make sure to have your AMC take corners, or better if you choose one of the LB/RB with decent corner stat.

hey, im testing your new WP ALT V2 with the DM and CM (regista and ball winning mid)

should the DM be a normal defensive mid and teh CM a box to box, or is the CM more of a deep lying playmaker

thank you

been using this tactic on my chelsea game.. top of the league after 18 games with only 1 defeat against man city who romped the league the season before.. i am now 6 points clear so happy with this so far... good work mate!

hey, im testing your new WP ALT V2 with the DM and CM (regista and ball winning mid)

should the DM be a normal defensive mid and teh CM a box to box, or is the CM more of a deep lying playmaker

thank you

The DM should be a normal defensive mid but with decent passing and marking ability, the CM is a recommended to be a box to box with good tackling. Another combination that could be used is CM as centermid-support and Dm as Halfback, if you have a more defensive a DM and a creative CM. I had the DM as regista cuz i was using Carrick behind Fellaini who was playing as a CM ball winning mid.

Just won the champions league with Arsenal using this tactic. Thanks Mohin! Great tactic, it gives players real freedom on the pitch. And the defence knows what its doing

ian lodger, which version did you use

and could you explain what players you used in each position (eg type of wingers, what foot, what type of striker, how goals were scored)

thank you

I used the version with no altering to the tactic (the one with 1000 views on it), overall I didn't alter the tactic much apart from putting my left winger as an IF. Because my LW is Minuian and he likes to cut, it worked an aboloute treat and tore some of the best defences in the game apart. My other winger oxlaide Chamberlain was used as just a winger, he got 16 goals in the whole season and was something like the 4th highest scorer in the league. Mohin isn't lying when he says it's winger paradise, it really is. But a HUGE factor for me in this tactic is to get an AM who can unlock defences. That's where I say around 60% of my goals came from, a perfect through ball from my AM to my wingers who shot across the goal, and went in.