4-2-3-1 Wingers Paradise , Bringing back the lone striker(25+goals)

there are some basic rules to football. When you spend a few hours (or years) with this game, you learn what those are. And this tactic fails to meet them which is pretty much obvious to see just by looking at the formation screenie. How you managed to have any success with it, amazes me, and 640 downloads even more. Sorry to put it so bluntly, I mean no disrespect.

Care to elaborate what those rules are, i am lost with your comment. Are you telling me that a team cant play a 4-2-3-1 formation?

Care to elaborate what those rules are, i am lost with your comment. Are you telling me that a team cant play a 4-2-3-1 formation?

Well, I don't see all settings in the screenie, but I do see you have cwbs on attack combined with wingers attack. Those two don't work well. You need fullbacks on support if you want attacking wingers. Next, you have 6 attack roles. You should have as many blue (defending) roles as you have attacking or more, or your tactic will be unbalanced. Next you have exploit the middle shout, which makes your team ignore the wingers and they are practically useless. If you want to pass through middle, they should have support duties to keep them involved. Next you play narrower and shorten the space to your middle players, and with exploiting the middle, they will struggle.

Well, I don't see all settings in the screenie, but I do see you have cwbs on attack combined with wingers attack. Those two don't work well. You need fullbacks on support if you want attacking wingers. Next, you have 6 attack roles. You should have as many blue (defending) roles as you have attacking or more, or your tactic will be unbalanced. Next you have exploit the middle shout, which makes your team ignore the wingers and they are practically useless. If you want to pass through middle, they should have support duties to keep them involved. Next you play narrower and shorten the space to your middle players, and with exploiting the middle, they will struggle.

Stop trolling people's threads, if your so knowledgeable why not make one tactic of your own. Also if you download the latest tactic it would have the fullbacks on support not attack.
Why not download and try out tactics before getting so judgmental on them.

Stop trolling people's threads, if your so knowledgeable why not make one tactic of your own. Also if you download the latest tactic it would have the fullbacks on support not attack.
Why not download and try out tactics before getting so judgmental on them.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to help. I did acumulate some knowledge over the years, and I was simply giving you pointers, based on your screenie. I have no ill will doing this. Don't take good advice so hard.

I'm not trolling, I'm trying to help. I did acumulate some knowledge over the years, and I was simply giving you pointers, based on your screenie. I have no ill will doing this. Don't take good advice so hard.

Its alright, but you should atleast give the tactics a try before going all critic on them, the same u did on andrchband's tac. Anyways i dont claim my tac to be the best and am always looking for ways to make it better.

Its alright, but you should atleast give the tactics a try before going all critic on them, the same u did on andrchband's tac. Anyways i dont claim my tac to be the best and am always looking for ways to make it better.

I would recommedn going to Guide to Football Manager | FM 2014 Guide and read EVERYTHING there, along with their guide for fm 2013. Some of the advice there proved very valuable to my tactics creating effort. This simulation AI is built to punish you for every mistake you make, and if you want to create flawless tactics, you must learn. I don't know everything yet, and I've been "studying" for 2 years now. Cheers mate!

I would recommedn going to Guide to Football Manager | FM 2014 Guide and read EVERYTHING there, along with their guide for fm 2013. Some of the advice there proved very valuable to my tactics creating effort. This simulation AI is built to punish you for every mistake you make, and if you want to create flawless tactics, you must learn. I don't know everything yet, and I've been "studying" for 2 years now. Cheers mate!

Thanks for the help, why not test out my tactic and tweak it to improve on its weakness. Would appreciate your take on the tactic. Cheers

Thanks for the help, why not test out my tactic and tweak it to improve on its weakness. Would appreciate your take on the tactic. Cheers

Well ok, but tell me what you want to achieve with it? There are many styles that can be used, which is all explained on that site. Why don't you go look at their fm14 guide and under tactics, click on tactical styles? You can counter, catenaccio, play through defence, high pressing, play with creative wingers, play to target man and so on....everything is explained nicely. And take a look at what I did with my bayern tactic, at least read the explanation...For example, in their fm2013 guide, there is a player roles section where their roles and prefered moves are explained, along with tactical analysis and possible pairing. It says there that if you want to use a poacher, he should be set to run onto balls. Which means, you could pair him with a dlp player that plays killer balls. And it is effective if using high tempo or counter. It's all there.

Last edited:
Well ok, but tell me what you want to achieve with it? There are many styles that can be used, which is all explained on that site. Why don't you go look at their fm14 guide and under tactics, click on tactical styles? You can counter, catenaccio, play through defence, high pressing, play with creative wingers, play to target man and so on....everything is explained nicely. And take a look at what I did with my bayern tactic, at least read the explanation...For example, in their fm2013 guide, there is a player roles section where their roles and prefered moves are explained, along with tactical analysis and possible pairing. It says there that if you want to use a poacher, he should be set to run onto balls. Which means, you could pair him with a dlp player that plays killer balls. And it is effective if using high tempo or counter. It's all there.

i don't know you're paranormal or very inteligent guy, you can critizise sum1 tactic without trying it. maybe you can post or make your own thread best tactic, then we can compare which is the best one...

Don't critizise the tactic if you haven't try it. I thought too playing to exploit the middle and with attacking winger will not work, but this tactic prove me wrong. I just finish my first season with QPR and I finished 1st in the Sky Bet Championship by 17 points to the 2nd which was Blackburn. Charlie Austin made 27 goals and 15 assists in 36 league games he played, my wingers, Phillips made 19 goals and 9 assists in 29 games played; and Mackay-Steven(which I bought from Dundee Utd.) made 15 goals and 13 assistsin 33 games played. My playmaker, Ravel Morrison(loan form West Ham) made 12 goals and 25 assists in 35 games played and won player of the year and got called called for the World Cup England squad.

In conclusion this is a great tactic and you should try it before critizising. Great tactic Mohin. Cheers

hi going to give your tactic a try but dont no which team yet. iv downloaded ur tac from opening post is this the correct 1? and is it the only tac your using or is there a second was reading through some of the posts and thought there might be a second tac you use mabey a home and away one? or do you set the same tac up in the three slots and just change mentality or wat let me no i will try it out

Last edited:
there are some basic rules to football. When you spend a few hours (or years) with this game, you learn what those are. And this tactic fails to meet them which is pretty much obvious to see just by looking at the formation screenie. How you managed to have any success with it, amazes me, and 640 downloads even more. Sorry to put it so bluntly, I mean no disrespect.

What I've learnt from many, many years of playing this game is that it is excactly that. A game. You are very right in your observations if we were discussing real life football, but I'm yet to see a version of FM that doesn't favour some kind of counterintuitive instructions.

What I've learnt from many, many years of playing this game is that it is excactly that. A game. You are very right in your observations if we were discussing real life football, but I'm yet to see a version of FM that doesn't favour some kind of counterintuitive instructions.

That was my first thought also. I thought the ME doesn't work well. But after a lot more research, I found out I was wrong. ME is almost perfect, with some slight bugs, that they fix with patches. It was my own ideas about football that were wrong. For example, if you give an attacking duty to wingers, they will naturally stay wider, and if you exploit the middle, it will be more difficult to central players to keep possession and pass the ball to wingers. If you come across a team that positions players in correct spot, they will be cut off, and you will lose or at least have difficulty winning. Which is why I'm offering suggestions to create a better tactic, it is with good intent.

Last edited:
hi going to give your tactic a try but dont no which team yet. iv downloaded ur tac from opening post is this the correct 1? and is it the only tac your using or is there a second was reading through some of the posts and thought there might be a second tac you use mabey a home and away one? or do you set the same tac up in the three slots and just change mentality or wat let me no i will try it out

Initially there was only 1 tac but an added tac with much deeper defensive line/ no offside.. but that was only for teams that play physical and on the long ball, specially epl teams. The new tactic (the one in OP) is the final updated version, can be used both home and away, but change mentality according to how the game is being played out.
The deeper tactic was exactly the same and is more of an tactic used if your clear favourites, you can just change on the another tactic slot to drop deeper/no offside and mentality to attacking, for use in the season. With this ME, sticking to the exact same tactic for many seasons doesnt work, sometimes you have switch it up a bit and then return to the original.

pls does it work with 14.3

Yes it works for 14.3 and 14.3.1, actually used to work better on 14.3... FM claim its exactly the same ME but i see more upsets and uneven results in 14.3.1 than there were in 14.3

Which one is the final tactic?
Winger Paradise! in OP or Winger Paradise!!! in page12??

Initially there was only 1 tac but an added tac with much deeper defensive line/ no offside.. but that was only for teams that play physical and on the long ball, specially epl teams. The new tactic (the one in OP) is the final updated version, can be used both home and away, but change mentality according to how the game is being played out.
The deeper tactic was exactly the same and is more of an tactic used if your clear favourites, you can just change on the another tactic slot to drop deeper/no offside and mentality to attacking, for use in the season. With this ME, sticking to the exact same tactic for many seasons doesnt work, sometimes you have switch it up a bit and then return to the original.

well i changed to it in my last 10 games in my southampton save went my last 10 games unbeatn and won fa cup even though it wasent fluid just tanked city 4-1 to win community shield so far i like wat i see and im not fully fluid yet. so far so good good job

Last edited:
Which one is the final tactic?
Winger Paradise! in OP or Winger Paradise!!! in page12??

The OP tactic is the final version as mentioned in post #156. The one on page 12 was a work in progress.