4-2-3-1 Wingers Paradise , Bringing back the lone striker(25+goals)

i don't know you're paranormal or very inteligent guy, you can critizise sum1 tactic without trying it. maybe you can post or make your own thread best tactic, then we can compare which is the best one...
I tried it and tactic is poor, just like that guy said. Playing through middle makes wingers useless, which cripples team's offense. This tactic is pretty good in defense, but watching your team attacks is simply painful.

I tried it and tactic is poor, just like that guy said. Playing through middle makes wingers useless, which cripples team's offense. This tactic is pretty good in defense, but watching your team attacks is simply painful.

The fact that you think that this tactic is good in defense and cripples the wingers shows that you havnt tried the tactic, Actually its highly attacking and wingers score loads, the only downside of the tactic is it concedes some silly goals. Or maybe it just didnt work for you.

Cannot beat lesser teams at home. doesn't matter if I have 64% possession, 25 shots.. they will always score with their only attack. My 25 million pound defenders getting torn to shreds by £4 million pound strikers is another common theme..

Yeah, I've found this to be very leaky defensively. A good amount of my matches end up turning into a game of who can score more. I have very few clean sheets, even when using the alt versions of the tactic and I have a very good goalkeeper in Hugo Lloris.

I'll give the new version a try when I get the chance.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've found this to be very leaky defensively. A good amount of my matches end up turning into a game of who can score more. I have very few clean sheets, even when using the alt versions of the tactic and I have a very good goalkeeper in Hugo Lloris.

I'll give the new version a try when I get the chance.

I havnt tested out the new version yet, only a few matches. As this seems to be a reoccurring theme, i will try to make a version which emphasizes on defence. Dont have the time at the moment but lets see if i can tweak the new one to its best. Appreciate if you guys test it and maybe try your own tweaks.

I havnt tested out the new version yet, only a few matches. As this seems to be a reoccurring theme, i will try to make a version which emphasizes on defence. Dont have the time at the moment but lets see if i can tweak the new one to its best. Appreciate if you guys test it and maybe try your own tweaks.

an example with sunderland do you suggest to use in home or when im favourite WP and when i'm an underdog or play away use Atl v2 ???

an example with sunderland do you suggest to use in home or when im favourite WP and when i'm an underdog or play away use Atl v2 ???

Against small teams use the new tactic when fav. home and away, Against similar teams or stronger teams use WP! at home and V2 away.

Hi dude! Great tactic, I am just a minor team, but can take on bigger ones with ease. Bad thing is, I seem to always lose against WEAKER teams. Am I doing something wrong? Also defense seems shaky against lower teams, while it is solid against bigger ones... Any tips?

Hi dude! Great tactic, I am just a minor team, but can take on bigger ones with ease. Bad thing is, I seem to always lose against WEAKER teams. Am I doing something wrong? Also defense seems shaky against lower teams, while it is solid against bigger ones... Any tips?
v3 for weaker team

Try using v3 from post #248, i just dont get it. A tactic and playing style that beats the likes of united, chelsea, city and madrid should absolutely destroy all minor teams. This shows how broken this ME is. I have to admit that this is the worst ME i have ever encountered in FM and i have been playing this game since CM04/FM05.

I think your tactic can't smash small team because they will and always play defend with formation 9-1 . Your tactic will always win the big team because they will play attack , you will have chance to counter them , but with smaller you can't play counter because they always defend . They don't give a **** in attack because small team always want a draw when against big team

Try using v3 from post #248, i just dont get it. A tactic and playing style that beats the likes of united, chelsea, city and madrid should absolutely destroy all minor teams. This shows how broken this ME is. I have to admit that this is the worst ME i have ever encountered in FM and i have been playing this game since CM04/FM05.
What the **** are you saying here? That is nonsense. For example, Holland destroyed Spain in the second half during the World Cup playing 5-3-2. When Holland played Chile and Australia, they started off with a 5-3-2 as well but didn't butter until they switched to 4-3-3.

I know people want to use one tactic fits all; but unfortunately in real football it isn't like that either. A few tactics around seem to manage these expectations just fine in FM14.

I must admit I have used your tactic as well and enjoyed using it, but it's not a world beater.

I think your tactic can't smash small team because they will and always play defend with formation 9-1 . Your tactic will always win the big team because they will play attack , you will have chance to counter them , but with smaller you can't play counter because they always defend . They don't give a **** in attack because small team always want a draw when against big team

Dont worry mate, I WILL find a way around it and create a variation that will annihilate those minor teams.
Have some time today and have started to test V3, the version i uploaded is not good enough but have tweaked it to dominate the small teams. Till now its satisfactory but seems to die down in the second half. Always score 3-4 goals in the first half but end up scoring none or maybe 1 in second half. Will upload once i find a way to fix this.

Last edited:
i take it you used the editor to get better players ie henrik larsson,jimmy johnstone, pele, gordon banks, stanley mathews?

i take it you used the editor to get better players ie henrik larsson,jimmy johnstone, pele, gordon banks, stanley mathews?

Dont get it? Do u mean in the everton save? The leeds team is from a legends database as mentioned in OP.

I was wondering : what foot for wingers? I mean AML -> right footed and AMR left footed? or AML -> left and AMR ->Right?

I was wondering : what foot for wingers? I mean AML -> right footed and AMR left footed? or AML -> left and AMR ->Right?

AML-left, AMR-right.. or both footed, fairly strong recommended foot is enough.