Still going strong, AM picks team - play game - flick out of game browse for car parts, flick back start 2nd half - flick back to shopping...5 mins later flick back and seen win...Tactic makes it too easy! My team is not even close to be strongest in league - predicated to finished 18th.

nsfXh8p.png

A really good tactic. The best tactic i have used until now (tested 5-6 tactics from fmbase, except these with three strikers because i don t like them). Nice football, decent defence and normal goals from all over the areas.
A tip for this tactic, avoid players who use to shot from long distance. They destroy a lot of chances and best options in attack.

Thank you

By far the best tactic I've used on FM18 so far and it's a traditional tactic not like these 3 striker tactics you see, I hate them. I've just won the Championship with Middlesborough with still 8 games to play. Been using v3 and when playing tough opponents I tweak like you said dropping the defensive line and changing FB's to defend. Downing has been phenomenal as a MR inverted winger and Assambolonga has scored 27 goals in 35 games. Awesome tactic thanks again!!
Will post SS once I'm home later8

By far the best tactic I've used on FM18 so far and it's a traditional tactic not like these 3 striker tactics you see, I hate them. I've just won the Championship with Middlesborough with still 8 games to play. Been using v3 and when playing tough opponents I tweak like you said dropping the defensive line and changing FB's to defend. Downing has been phenomenal as a MR inverted winger and Assambolonga has scored 27 goals in 35 games. Awesome tactic thanks again!!
Will post SS once I'm home later8

Thanks for the extremely positive feedback Hothead! I love hearing that people are not only winning but just enjoying the style of play that comes with this tactic. Also I am glad that you are tweaking the tactic as you need to....To me at the end of the day this is what being a manager is being all about....sure you can just leave the tactic and probably win the league... but in tough champions league games you have to outthink the opponent...just recently i beat Atletico Madrid 1-0 away in the first leg and in the second leg they took a 2-0 lead within 15 mins.... i had to push to overload and direct passing with Belotti scoring a 94th minute equaliser to send me through to the semis....i would die to have moments like this again...pure joy and emotion lol...

Further... i thought i'd post a transfer tip for players who struggle to sell players for full value...maybe it is already common knowledge.. but anyways... what i do if a player's value has sky rocketed after winning champs league or league etc and i want to sell them..usually i can't find a team willing to pay full value... so what i do is offer the player to clubs on loan with a mandatory future fee of the full value.. One example is in my Girona save.. (the spanish league is by far the hardest to build up financial might with an underdog.. it took me until the 5th season to win the league and champions league- being runner up in the league twice before that... I've posted some screenshots of players currently i have away on loan with a mandatory future fee after winning the champs league...(Selling Dennis Suarez back to Barca and Correa to Atletico hehe- only way to stick it to them due to unfair TV deals!!!!) i probably will have to move after the seasons end as it will be too easy to win with all the money coming in...
View attachment 68776View attachment 68775View attachment 68774View attachment 68773

A really good tactic. The best tactic i have used until now (tested 5-6 tactics from fmbase, except these with three strikers because i don t like them). Nice football, decent defence and normal goals from all over the areas.
A tip for this tactic, avoid players who use to shot from long distance. They destroy a lot of chances and best options in attack.

Thank you

Thanks for the feedback and tip regarding the PPM shooting from distance, i agree with you on this one.

Nice results man!!, Thanks heaps for trying and posting, with both Hamburg and Benevento- Did you use your typical IR test? Also interesting that you didn't tweak the Defensive line-good to know it can still work like that with underdogs :)

Yeah all testing is done with IR , but from my experience every tactic that worked with IR will works even better in normal mode. The away record is great, for home matches I using control mentality.
Good tactic, keep up the good work

Yeah all testing is done with IR , but from my experience every tactic that worked with IR will works even better in normal mode. The away record is great, for home matches I using control mentality.
Good tactic, keep up the good work

Thanks White Europe..... For strong teams you can use Attacking at home and standard away...

Two promotions in succession, harder league and my team much weaker. Portsmouth for example spent 2.6m on players...can only dream of such money! haha! Had big injuries of Xmas period which dealt me a few 1-0 away defeats but still impressed with this tactic. If I had the right players for the right spots I would be flying even more! Have a lumbering Target Man up front at the moment.

LxBycm9.jpg

Hey mate, stumbled across this thread after starting a new save with FC Barcelona. I had tried to recreate the 4-4-2 of Valverde and ended up with a somewhat similar tactic to yours - only with 2 Strikers. Picked up good ideas from this thread and I ended up with a 4-4-1-1 as well that is quite promising so far.
Thank you for creating this thread and to all people contributing to it. I am never going back to 5-2-3!

Very good job Mirel!
I just started to play 4-4-1-1 after two season with a 3 d-line formation (i had not suitable players or proper budget to switch in the middle of the season) and i've to say that it's working very good and the games became being more real.ù
By the way i've already put my steam offline in order to avoid any update that shoul mess up everything.