4222 - Brazil's Samba Football - The charm of football

There has not been a better tactic in FM so far, hands down , for the best, most demolishing, most attracting football I've seen on FM 17, a wonderful tactic that will get a 3rd league team to champions league in 5 seasons, or a 18th predicted team in one of the first leagues to total glory in the league and worlwide, congratulations and big thanks for the awesome tactic since I, myself have been struggling a LOT with tactics this FM.

Love from Portgual <3

So far best tactic (counter, the one in the OP) I've used for FM17. You can easily over achieve with any team. I've been using with a portuguese second division side (media prediction 11th) and leading by 15 points halfway the season. The only thing that disturbs me is being unable to keep a clean sheet, almost every match if I'm leading 2-0, ends up 2-1, or leading 3-0, and it ends up 3-2. I admit I'm not changing anything during the match, maybe it's time to start using defensive/contain mentality for those scenarios. Great work mate!

Sorry I was talking about the one called 4222 final. I've only now noticed he changed the one on the OP to a tactic called 4222 brazil. Seems the only difference is wingbacks are now on support duty. I'll try it to see if it's even better.

Getting really poor results with Bournemouth with this... The 6 matches I have tried this, I have only won 1. Same OI and everything.

Last edited:
So there were 2 counter versions?

I was under the impression there was one counter and one standard version. I see I was wrong.

I´m on the verge of trying this one out.

Until now I have tried so many of those almost "unbeatable" tactics out there and honestly I have a diferent opinion of all those statements. Obviously I´m not complaining since I´m using other people´s tactics (respect!).

I hope to get success this time. :)

Last edited:
So there were 2 counter versions?
It's only small difference.
- 1 CD & 1 BDP vs 2 CDs.
- Wingback attack vs Wingback support (because I was attacked in some situations by wings).
- Setup corners as the same Zyndar's Tactic

almost losing the plot with this game........ i do not know what i am doing wrong results since i have used this tactic.....

Man Utd (a) L 7-2
Arsenal (h) L 0-1
Wolves (a) L 2-0
Watford (h) D 0-0
Everton (a) L 3-1
West Ham (h) L 2-3
Brighton (a) L 3-2
Tottenham (h) L 1-4
Bournemouth (a) 3-1
Chelsea (h) L 1-2
Man City (a) L 2-0

Gone from 10th in premier league to 18th....

So which counter version would the OP and the rest of the gang suggests to use?

Cheers.

So which counter version would the OP and the rest of the gang suggests to use?
Cheers.
For me no doubt, the first counter version post#153 .
Even if it the new has small changes, they do seem to influence drastically the performance.

For me no doubt, the first counter version post#153 .
Even if it the new has small changes, they do seem to influence drastically the performance.
Thanks mate!
Also, 4222 brazil tactic (#1) changes WB support to FB support. General training is balance/Match preparation is Att.Movement + using basic OI (#1) => Very good defense (28 games, 15 conceded goals, 62 scored goals).

8WYb2n.png

Thanks mate!
Also, 4222 brazil tactic (#1) changes WB support to FB support. General training is balance/Match preparation is Att.Movement + using basic OI (#1) => Very good defense (28 games, 15 conceded goals, 62 scored goals).

8WYb2n.png

You can throw off your tactics?

Thanks mate!

Maybe I'm a little lost at the moment... :p I'm using a tactic that is called 4222_final, that has two wingbacks on attack duty, that is on counter mentality, that I downloaded when you had 2 versions (one counter, and one standard, I think?) on the opening post. I was under the impression this was the very first version. I'm I right?

Last edited:
I did too Dimartino.

But its looks like there have been a counter tactic before with full backs. :)

SORRY... I meant 4222_final! That's the one I'm playing!