4222 - Brazil's Samba Football - The charm of football

Currently managing Accrington Stanley, I finished 5th in League Two, lost in play off-final. I used Zyndars Genisis for most of the season, which is a very good tactic but unfortunately I didn't have the players to suit the tactic, but I couldn't find any consistency so I used about 6/7 different tactics in the second half of the season but couldn't find one to suit my team.

I'm not going to lie I was abit hesitant to use this tactic because if the formation and because I normally like playing with wingers. However due to loads of people saying how great the tactic is I thought I should at least give it a chance and I have to say so far it's brilliant.

Top of the league at end of August, yet to lose. I know it's early days but the signs are good and I'm excited to see how well it does once it's fully fluid. Great tactic!

SORRY... I meant 4222_final! That's the one I'm playing!
Hi dimartino,
4222_Final tactic (counter with wingback attack), you're using, this is good! I used it with Blacburn for the first and the second season. I won Europa league cup, FA cup, EPL cup,.... (results at #1). Link tactic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78pDZtVppsQajVidUdtNjRvWEk/view?usp=sharing

However, I lost a few games because I was attacked at WBs by wings. My WBs only interested in attacking! :S
So, I want more defensive WBs -> I only want to fix WBs. And now, I'm changing them to FBs. Link tactic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78pDZtVppsQUWl1bl9YOXg2c28/view?usp=sharing (Also, I have updated to #1).

Both 2 version counter are good and have small differences!

P/s: I think you should forget standard version. Sorry for my English is not good, Could cause you difficult to understand. :(

Last edited:
Hi dimartino,
4222_Final tactic (counter with wingback attack), you're using, this is good! I used it with Blacburn for the first and the second season. I won Europa league cup, FA cup, EPL cup,.... (results at #1). Link tactic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78pDZtVppsQajVidUdtNjRvWEk/view?usp=sharing

However, I lost a few games because I was attacked at WBs. My WBs only interested in attacking! :S
So, I want more defensive WBs -> I only want to fix WBs. And now, I'm change them to FBs. Link tactic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78pDZtVppsQUWl1bl9YOXg2c28/view?usp=sharing (Also, I have updated to #1).

Both 2 version counter are good and have small differences!

P/s: I think you should forget standard version. Sorry for my English is not good, Could cause you difficult to understand.

I just love the way 4222_final attacks, mainly because of the attacking WBs. But yes it's difficult to keep a clean sheet with it, and you do get hit in the counter attack trough the wings. Almost every goal conceded comes from crosses. I think will try to use 4222 brazil as defensive tactic to hold a result.

I just change my WBs to defensive FBs and they will just sit in line with the CBs, giving a lot of consistency. NO need for one more tactic, just change the roles.

so far so good with this tactic. Using 4222-final with West ham. played 5 won 4 lost 1 (away to swansea 2-1).

Love the attacking wingback play. Antonio doing well in that role. Beat Liverpool 7-3! may try the 4222-brazil latest version away, as i used it initially 1st game of season and won 1-0 away at middlesbrough. will see how it pans out.

Overall excellent fun tactic!

I took Hull played 8 friendly games, follow all instructions in OP... tactic 100% fluid (in game editor) and first game of the season lost away to chelsea 6:0 :( tottaly dont get what just happend there! (Ive used first counter version) before i tested it with salford and after 22 games i was just in 10th place... for me its not working at all :) but i am a big fan of this brazilian setup so very dissapointed not to have luck with this :/

I took Hull played 8 friendly games, follow all instructions in OP... tactic 100% fluid (in game editor) and first game of the season lost away to chelsea 6:0 :( tottaly dont get what just happend there! (Ive used first counter version) before i tested it with salford and after 22 games i was just in 10th place... for me its not working at all :) but i am a big fan of this brazilian setup so very dissapointed not to have luck with this :/
Did you use basic OI?
can you try it more with Westham and no transfer?!

counter with WB attack:

Antonio - Reid - Ogbonna - Masuaku
Nordtveit - Noble
Lanzini - Payet
Sakho - Zaha

Last edited:
Yes i followed all instrunctios so opposite instructions as well... i will test it with west ham but probably tomorrow mate

I just change my WBs to defensive FBs and they will just sit in line with the CBs, giving a lot of consistency. NO need for one more tactic, just change the roles.

You mean during the match to defend a result, or from the start?

Did you use basic OI?
can you try it more with Westham and no transfer?!

counter with WB attack:

Antonio - Reid - Ogbonna - Masuaku
Nordtveit - Noble
Lanzini - Payet
Sakho - Zaha

Thats the same lineup that i use (cresswell injured long term)
only signings i made are haidara on loan for season to cover injured cresswell and got carl jenkinson on season loan as Byram is injured on my save for 3 months.

Sakho and Zaza very good upfront. Also Lanzini is amazing. Do you recommend any good cheap defenders to cover Ogbonna and Reid? Collins too slow and Reece Oxford is good but still very young.
Also where would you play Ayew? im retraining him for Advanced Forward at mo.

Overall though, the West Ham squad is a good base to test this tactic!

Won the league with RB Leipzig in first season. Draw 4 games and lost 3 games.

Selke did a great job with almost 30 goals. Did use the first version of the counter tactic.
Played with Ayoze Perez (Newcastle) and Gaston Pereiro (PSV) as attacking midfielders, they also did a great job.

0d8d9da97dd0411888d4a023db7820d9.jpg

32b3bab3ce22e68901a9e1958b4a2e40.png

I mean, what... 9-0.

Crazy...

Dear all,
I renamed and reposted this tactic to easy understand and remember. I did not change tactic.
- 4222WBs, this is the first tactic I posted. It's called 4222_Final.
- 4222FBs (#166).

Thank for your comments.
---------------------------------------------

Blackburn season 2018-2019.
- I used 4222FBs tactic.
- I won Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, FA community Shield, UEFA Super Cup and Runner EFL Cup.
- Super Batshuayi with many goals (K)

View attachment 109771View attachment 109770View attachment 109769View attachment 109768View attachment 109767View attachment 109766

Really fun and good tactic, well balanced offense and defense too.