4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
lol sorry mate, its a classic tactic. tactics for FM classic need to be made in the tactic creator

It's okay haha. I'm looking try this tactic with Liverpool. Which tactic should I use against which teams? Like for example my next game against Celtic away.

you're favourite, so i'd go with the 4231! but if you find that the short passing game isnt working in the first 20/30 mins, change to the counter tactic. however you should be okay, because celtic play direct and wont put too much pressure on you

however, if its thefirst time you use the tactic, players wont be used to it yet, so you might be better off using a more defensive approach. so you need to balance out all the possibilities and variables. if youre confident in your teams abiity and morale is high, 4231 for sure though!

however, if its thefirst time you use the tactic, players wont be used to it yet, so you might be better off using a more defensive approach. so you need to balance out all the possibilities and variables. if youre confident in your teams abiity and morale is high, 4231 for sure though!

So I guess I should use the. 4231 against weaker teams, and counter against the likes of Arsenal, City etc?

Also any specific match prep, OI and pep talk instructions?

Then regarding the 3 AMs, I reckon I should play my wingers there too?

So I guess I should use the. 4231 against weaker teams, and counter against the likes of Arsenal, City etc?

Also any specific match prep, OI and pep talk instructions?

Then regarding the 3 AMs, I reckon I should play my wingers there too?

i have players that can play i the middle and on the wing. i adapted the ones that couldnt. check out the screenshots of the likes of markovic, will hughes and vera that i posted. vera and markovic were wingers that now play in the middle and simply destroy the opposition. they need to be able to cross pass and finish. the aim of that position is that they can do all roles, that of a winger, an AM or a striker, wherever there is space.

yes, counter against bigger teams, although i always use 4231 at home against bigger teams with very good results. but my players can cope with it. i dont know if this will work for everyone.

match prep tactics until fluid, then defensive or balanced, or simply change according to the matches you have this or the next week. i used balance for most of the season, but for my last matches i opted for defensive because i changes the tactics a bit and they became not so fluid. OI i leave to my coach with greater tacftical knowlege and team talks to assistant manager in MOST cases. sometimes i dont agree with him and do my own thing depending on the situation. *** Man should have determination, level of discipline and motivating very high

EDIT: sorry, general training to tactics until fluid, then balanced or defensive

match prep to def. set pieces always!

Id prefer a club not from UK, suggestions are welcome. Basically looking for a cool team that isnt top 10 in Europe. :p

Think you missed this, any suggestions? Thinking of Shakhtar D. or Dynamo Kyiv or a Turkish club. Want something new :P

Think you missed this, any suggestions? Thinking of Shakhtar D. or Dynamo Kyiv or a Turkish club. Want something new :P

so sorry mate! shakhtar have a great team, but i dont think the league will be much of a challenge. I love Napoli! they have some great players and although italy isnt as competitive as before, its still a challenge, especialy with juve!or you can try and rebuild inter or milan (big job there). Marseille is a great challenge! they've got some good players with the ayew brothers but have no money whatsoever. david vs goliath there with PSG in terms of cash. in spain you have atletico (FALCAAAAO WOULD BE MURDER IN THIS TACTIC!!!!!!), valencia or malaga. malaga have a very interesting team with Isco being a highlight. Love Dortmund! and they have the payers for this tactic for sure. germany is very competitive league with many quality players in average teams and bayern have an amazing team, so its a big challenge too!

hope i havent missed any out and that you find this helpful! :)

so sorry mate! shakhtar have a great team, but i dont think the league will be much of a challenge. I love Napoli! they have some great players and although italy isnt as competitive as before, its still a challenge, especialy with juve!or you can try and rebuild inter or milan (big job there). Marseille is a great challenge! they've got some good players with the ayew brothers but have no money whatsoever. david vs goliath there with PSG in terms of cash. in spain you have atletico (FALCAAAAO WOULD BE MURDER IN THIS TACTIC!!!!!!), valencia or malaga. malaga have a very interesting team with Isco being a highlight. Love Dortmund! and they have the payers for this tactic for sure. germany is very competitive league with many quality players in average teams and bayern have an amazing team, so its a big challenge too!

hope i havent missed any out and that you find this helpful! :)

Np i know how forums work :D. Might go for Napoli but Inter and Marseille sound interesting too. (im a Joey Barton fan anyway :P)

CHOICES! :(

i have players that can play i the middle and on the wing. i adapted the ones that couldnt. check out the screenshots of the likes of markovic, will hughes and vera that i posted. vera and markovic were wingers that now play in the middle and simply destroy the opposition. they need to be able to cross pass and finish. the aim of that position is that they can do all roles, that of a winger, an AM or a striker, wherever there is space.

yes, counter against bigger teams, although i always use 4231 at home against bigger teams with very good results. but my players can cope with it. i dont know if this will work for everyone.

match prep tactics until fluid, then defensive or balanced, or simply change according to the matches you have this or the next week. i used balance for most of the season, but for my last matches i opted for defensive because i changes the tactics a bit and they became not so fluid. OI i leave to my coach with greater tacftical knowlege and team talks to assistant manager in MOST cases. sometimes i dont agree with him and do my own thing depending on the situation. *** Man should have determination, level of discipline and motivating very high

EDIT: sorry, general training to tactics until fluid, then balanced or defensive

match prep to def. set pieces always!

Just beat Celtic 2-1 with this tactic. I had 6 CCCs in that game which was quite astonishing. I guess the 3 attacking mids need to be somewhat good in finishing too? I had the likes of Gerrard and Shelvey blasting shots over when they could easily have scored. Suarez as well as the central attacking mid, although he did scored.

What would you think will be the best team to implement this tactic with? I just read your post above and am considering the likes of Dortmund, PSG, City, Milan etc. I think Chelsea will be perfect for this tactic?

Np i know how forums work :D. Might go for Napoli but Inter and Marseille sound interesting too. (im a Joey Barton fan anyway :P)

CHOICES! :(

eheheh joey barton is a riot, literally!!! i always do a save with napoli every year. i dont like playing big teams, unless i play in network games with a lot of people. this year i've just gone with Sporting CP in portugal for a while because they are my home club and wolves. dunno whta i'll do next but napoli is a possibility. i like challenges! so marseille and inter are interesting too! In inter, knowing me, i'd probably sell the whole squad. that why i went with wolves, they only had two or three new players, which menat you culd sell anyone else in the first transfer window :P eheheh obviously kept a few players, but i like to build teams at my own image. and will never use or buy a player i dont like in real life. im a stuborn ******* lol

Just beat Celtic 2-1 with this tactic. I had 6 CCCs in that game which was quite astonishing. I guess the 3 attacking mids need to be somewhat good in finishing too? I had the likes of Gerrard and Shelvey blasting shots over when they could easily have scored. Suarez as well as the central attacking mid, although he did scored.

What would you think will be the best team to implement this tactic with? I just read your post above and am considering the likes of Dortmund, PSG, City, Milan etc. I think Chelsea will be perfect for this tactic?

chelsea, psg and city will be perfect for this, appart from the obvious barcelona lol - but if you want a smaller team, Dortmund will do very well! love their squad and the payers will fit perfectly. cant remeber anyone else for now, but i will dwell on it :)

chelsea, psg and city will be perfect for this, appart from the obvious barcelona lol - but if you want a smaller team, Dortmund will do very well! love their squad and the payers will fit perfectly. cant remeber anyone else for now, but i will dwell on it :)

I like Dortmund as well but they have a host of players injured at the start of the season, and the likes of Hummels, Gotze and Lewandowski unavailable for the first few matches (no idea why.) But do the right/left attacking mids function more as inside forwards or natural wingers?

they do both actually. they will mostly play through balls into the striker for him to finish or play onto-two back onto the Am for him to finish. he will also break down the line and cross. i found that by using the players with the right settings and attributes in this positions, they could perform 3 roles at a time, striker, attacking mid and winger, maximizing the ways to approach the opposition area and opportunities to score. when this is fluid, they will play some beautiful attacking football. it is a marvel to watch! trust me

yes, finishing is definately a plus, but i have markovic for example who has finishing 11 and he is absolutely awesome! look for creativity, pasing, decisions, crossing, dribling finishing, off the ball and pace mostly. you can use the players i posted screenshots of as references.

so did you like how the team played? the dynamic between the front 4 players is impressive isnt it? i play shelvey as playmaker in between the two wider AMC's. I would play gerrar in MC and suarez either as striker, or he would be perfect for wide AMC if you have a very good striker to put up front isntead of him.

yes, finishing is definately a plus, but i have markovic for example who has finishing 11 and he is absolutely awesome! look for creativity, pasing, decisions, crossing, dribling finishing, off the ball and pace mostly. you can use the players i posted screenshots of as references.

so did you like how the team played? the dynamic between the front 4 players is impressive isnt it? i play shelvey as playmaker in between the two wider AMC's. I would play gerrar in MC and suarez either as striker, or he would be perfect for wide AMC if you have a very good striker to put up front isntead of him.

Yeah. I like how the front four attack, such that when attacking, we have four attacking outlets, all involved in the attacking. I played Gerrard as a MC and occasionally he got involved in the attack too. Would have like to scored more goals though; wasteful finishing. "He should have scored." appeared several times in the commentary haha.

But do I need to set the striker as target man and AMC as playmaker? There's like no option for me to do that cause this is a classic tactic I guess?

Last edited:
Yeah. I like how the front four attack, such that when attacking, we have four attacking outlets, all involved in the attacking. I played Gerrard as a MC and occasionally he got involved in the attack too. Would have like to scored more goals though; wasteful finishing. "He should have scored." appeared several times in the commentary haha.

lol that will happen until they get more fluid with it. also check your shooting training to see if you can find a better coach. but it will definately get better with time, and if u play a quality finisher u front, you will score plenty! i cannot recommend carlos fierro enough. id only trade him for falcao, and they'd have to give me some money too :P

lol that will happen until they get more fluid with it. also check your shooting training to see if you can find a better coach. but it will definately get better with time, and if u play a quality finisher u front, you will score plenty! i cannot recommend carlos fierro enough. id only trade him for falcao, and they'd have to give me some money too :P

Isn't Fierro just a kid? What's his finishing? You mean Fierro adapts to this tactic immediately or when he develops in future?

Isn't Fierro just a kid? What's his finishing? You mean Fierro adapts to this tactic immediately or when he develops in future?

View attachment 288243View attachment 288244View attachment 288242

these are all players i highly recommend, they will not be this good at the beginning of them game. i just finished my 4th season, but all of these 3 players were banging them in since season1, obviously i wan in the championship then. but even in my first season in the PL they performed very well. Now they are beasts, especially fierro and markovic. check out how many assists markovic has, and he got injured 3 months at the end of the season! mattia destro ia also very good in this position

but yes, fierro adapts to this tactic because he is quick, agile, is good off the ball and can finish very well as well as dribble past an opponent or two, this is the sort of player you want. passing and creativity to play other players on is also definately a plus

but yes, fierro adapts to this tactic because he is quick, agile, is good off the ball and can finish very well as well as dribble past an opponent or two, this is the sort of player you want. passing and creativity to play other players on is also definately a plus

Just finished another match against Rangers and won 5-3 wow! 8 CCCs and 5 goals scored! But quite disappointed with the three goals conceded, a Gerrard own goal, a header from a corner and their striker scored the other. Reina also scored an own goal in the Celtic win previously btw. But I'm confident things will change for the better. :) My striker (Borini) didn't score but he did okay, instead, it was the AMCR/L Suarez and Suso who grabbed doubles. Looking to try this with Chelsea tomorrow.

Then what about the training intensity for both preseason and post preseason? Average all the way?

Last edited:
Back