4231 by Veez (Patch 13.2.2)

• Thread starter Thread starter veez
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 455
  • Views Views 104K
just wanted to say that this is a great tactic thread, well constructed, you answer all the questions (which is a must) and have a great OP :)

also, really glad to see the positive results from the new counter version.. well done and keep up the great work

yeah! counter version is great! thanks again for that! and thank you for the praise too, i'm loving sharing my work and being able to help people out and basically share my opinions on this game that my girlfriend calls my mistress lol. i'm learning a lot too! cant believe i've played this game and used this site for so long and only started to do this this year... what a dumbass!!!! although now it seems i've found a second mistress :P the mrs wont be happy lol

Yeah man I think I'm gonna do that. I only love the speed of FMC since I'm short on time most of times :(

yeah. i've been short on time too lately. but it just gets me more excited when i do get to play! kind of reminds me of my dog when i get home from work or when its feeding time lol i understand if you dont have time to play a full save, personally i cant do without it. it would be like taking the MD out of MDMA :P but if you really prefer to go classic, as soon as i have time i promise i'll get that going for you!

thanks for tactic but how can i use this in FMC. when i was selecting it say not import.

thanks for tactic but how can i use this in FMC. when i was selecting it say not import.

sorry mate, its a classic tactic, can only be used in the full version of the game. another user has asked me to convert it too. as soon as i have time i will. for the time being, if you want to use it, need to start a new save game on the full version of FM.

anyone got some results or feedback to post?

View attachment 288441 i resigned from palermo and joined spurs 28th of 12 and had hardly any familiarity with it i was 15 in the league and i won the league with one game to go!. its worked perfect best tactic ive used yet and the counter tactics perfect. only real minor problem is i havent scored many corners, but i havent on any tactic so not your fault!

View attachment 288441 i resigned from palermo and joined spurs 28th of 12 and had hardly any familiarity with it i was 15 in the league and i won the league with one game to go!. its worked perfect best tactic ive used yet and the counter tactics perfect. only real minor problem is i havent scored many corners, but i havent on any tactic so not your fault!

awesome results mate! yeah i need to work on corners, both offensive and defensive. that will be on V3 for sure! along with a few tweaks to try and improve crossing. how was your defensive and offensive record? do you think there are any other areas whee these tactics can improve?

my results have gone down hill now, :( from 1st down to 3rd

im sorry to hear that mate. what sort of results did you have? and why do you think they occured? conceeded too much? scored too little? i'll appreciate all the information you can give me! i noticed last time you posted screenshots that you were always using the 433, did you use the 4231 at all?

hey mate! not bad results, although i must say i expected them to be a little better. i believe you are conceeding a tad too much. have you noticed any patterns in the way you concede? after half time team talks? counter-attacks after corners? crosses to second post? defensive mistakes of specific players? it important to try and find how we concede most out goals.

in terms of your players, i know gamberini is quite good, but he is also very slow! are you defenders (full-backs included) fast with good anticipation, positioning and concentration? because at the back this tactic relies on anticipating the oppositions next moves and regainig the ball with a quick tackle to set the counter. your full-back should be good at marking too. if you see you are conceding opposition wingers too much space, you need to manually man mark them.

your tactic should also be fluid by now, so try changing general trainig to defensive with high intensity. i also always rest my players after matches, but never before!

bochetti is a great player!! have signed him many a time in previous versions. so great signing there and with the perfect stats for this tactic. you need to find that sort of defender. your MC's should also be good at positioning and anticipation!

up front you seem to be doing well, although i would have thought that cavani shoudl be banging them in! the only thing i can think of is giving him a little more creative freedom or letting him shoot from range, but perosnally i dont like that because i look at it as a wated opportunity to deliver a key pass. he is quite similar to fierro, even better in most stats, so stick with him and he will improve.

i would also put hamsik in pandev's role if you can find a good playmaker, he will be a beast in that position! the playmaker is more of a link up between all the players moving around him, he will mostly backup players that need a pass, but will obviously play key passes too. however, the outer AMC roles are the main offensive force of this tactic, so you should concentrate your best players there, along with the striker ofcourse!

insigne is rocking it!!! :D

i just played my first game of the PL season on the train on my way into work this morning and conceeded a lot of unexpected goals too! was 4-1 up at half time away to newcastle and the game ended 5-3. it is probably because i overhauled my defense over the summer and had 3 new players in the starting line-up at the back, but it can also come down to giving too much praise at half time and letting the team become complacent. the tactic isnt fluid yet either, and i have not changed my focus to defensive. so hopefully it will improve with time. otherwise i will look to improve it in terms of tactical settings.

stick with it mate! bolster that back line and get a good playmaker and i think you'll be golden!

good luck!

Some stuff i noticed while conceding:
-lot of corners/fks/penalties tho i use defend set pieces.
-I think i came back from multiple 2-0/3-1 behind matches but i also drew 3-3 against Juve after being 3-0 :P
-defense doesnt always have options to pass the ball too, then loses the ball to opponents AM, they cross and score
-a lot of goals against are counters i think, dunno if it happens more after we had a corner. ill try and check.

All my defenders are around 45 years old it seems, but didnt have money left :P. Gonna sit this year out then ill get a new RB and LB and we'll see. Same with Hamsik, ill let him play AMC this year, if i can get a good amc ill switch him to AMCL but Pandev is doing pretty decent so far imo.

Anyway thanks for the tips ill get back when i have more results

edit: i really really really really hate this game and the people who made it. Im away against Udinese, im up 0-1 then my defenders score 2 own goals. Then Insigne gets his second yellow card. GG WP. This is how i lose matches. Now im just waiting for 1 or 2 injuries. This is just the game not wanting me to win, this happens so often. edit its 3-1 now, they literally scored 3 goals from 3shots on goal. Thanks SI.

Last edited:
Some stuff i noticed while conceding:
-lot of corners/fks/penalties tho i use defend set pieces.
-I think i came back from multiple 2-0/3-1 behind matches but i also drew 3-3 against Juve after being 3-0 :P
-defense doesnt always have options to pass the ball too, then loses the ball to opponents AM, they cross and score
-a lot of goals against are counters i think, dunno if it happens more after we had a corner. ill try and check.

All my defenders are around 45 years old it seems, but didnt have money left :P. Gonna sit this year out then ill get a new RB and LB and we'll see. Same with Hamsik, ill let him play AMC this year, if i can get a good amc ill switch him to AMCL but Pandev is doing pretty decent so far imo.

Anyway thanks for the tips ill get back when i have more results

if your defenders have low passing and decisions attributes, you might be better off setting their passing to direct, that way they wont loose the ball close to the area and will hoof it up the pitch. wont help build up play most of the time, but you wont concede silly goals. in relation to counters, its imperative you have some speed in those positions that need to catch up to the players on the counter.

and yes, it is really frustrating to concede form set pieces when you have training set to it. V3 of the tactics will concentrate on offensive and defensive set pieces, along with a couple of other things. When you are up, such as the 3-0 against juve, decrease the team mentality, even to defensive if you have to. the full backs and AMC's/Wingers on both tactics have default mentality, so their mentality will change according to team mentality. In v3 i will see if i can adapt more of the player sliders to be usable with team sliders, to make the tactics more adaptable to different situations, such as reducing mentality, closing down or creative freedom. just like one would use shouts with TC tactics. the idea is to make everything more user friendly, so you can adapt to different siatuations easily withought having to go around changing different sliders for different players.

thanks for the feedback mate, and i hope i helped!

good luck!

Edit: If you find some of your slower players, or players with low anticipation and positioning are getting caught out, especially CB's and FB's, reduce their closing down settings. it will help them maintin their position more. no point in running after players and the ball or going in for a tackle if you know you're not gonna get there in time.

Last edited:
im sorry to hear that mate. what sort of results did you have? and why do you think they occured? conceeded too much? scored too little? i'll appreciate all the information you can give me! i noticed last time you posted screenshots that you were always using the 433, did you use the 4231 at all?

was using your new one, and everything was going wrong :( i have gone bk to the 433 to get the season done

was using your new one, and everything was going wrong :( i have gone bk to the 433 to get the season done

leave it in the match prep and try to use it when it is fluid in a couple of home matches. remember, that not every player will adapt well to this tactic. if you can post soe screenshts of the games that went wrong, i'd appreciate it, to see if i can figure out what happened. did you notice how you conceded most of the goals or what went wrong in general?

Kazm! one more thing you can do, if i remember correctly CB mentality is set to full defensive. increase it. they will play closer to the full backs and CM's, you can also decrease the CM's mentality if you have to. experiment with it if if yuo want to, and let me know how it worked out!

Hi veez,

I managed to recreate your tactics with the tactic creator. Preparing preseason now, I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

Kazm! one more thing you can do, if i remember correctly CB mentality is set to full defensive. increase it. they will play closer to the full backs and CM's, you can also decrease the CM's mentality if you have to. experiment with it if if yuo want to, and let me know how it worked out!

Thanks for the tips, ill see how it goes now in the league and i might just wait it out and take a few hits, as long as i reach CL again.

Btw in CL i just played Leverkusen after beating Legia in knockout round1. They score a corner, then a freekick (headed in) and then counter to 3-0. This game lol. I think some things havent changed since CM 98-99 which is pretty sad.

edit: home game vs Leverkusen 1-0 up then they get a penalty. i want my money back for this game its worse than CoD

Next league game, at home vs AC Milan, my lb throws in, straight to their MC, he passes to AMC who passes to striker who scores, gg another impossible game lost. meanwhile we waste 3 CCs and have a goal not count because of offside.

I dont understand this. Is this supposed to be fun? Im so frustrated right now. I really hate this so much

edit2: ok im done, im just gonna go on holiday till the end of season i dont want this ******* bullshit anymore.

im on a 5 loss streak, now playing at home to mighty giants pescara.This is kinda funny:
0-1: wellington nem passes the ball back to the keeper from around the edge of the box. striker intercepts 0-1
0-2: own goal
0-3: their RB plays it long and scores a total fluke
0-4: my GK plays it to my RB, AML intercepts, passes, goal.

Oh thats all before half time.....

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, ill see how it goes now in the league and i might just wait it out and take a few hits, as long as i reach CL again.

Btw in CL i just played Leverkusen after beating Legia in knockout round1. They score a corner, then a freekick (headed in) and then counter to 3-0. This game lol. I think some things havent changed since CM 98-99 which is pretty sad.

edit: home game vs Leverkusen 1-0 up then they get a penalty. i want my money back for this game its worse than CoD

Next league game, at home vs AC Milan, my lb throws in, straight to their MC, he passes to AMC who passes to striker who scores, gg another impossible game lost. meanwhile we waste 3 CCs and have a goal not count because of offside.

I dont understand this. Is this supposed to be fun? Im so frustrated right now. I really hate this so much

ouch! :( im really sorry to hear that mate. yeah the set pieces are ridiculous, especially when we have def. set pieces set.

in terms of the rest. nearly all the mistakes you mention come down to set piece settings, which i did not change, so have a toggle with them and set them to what you think might work. it will probably improve your corner accuracy, improve your defending of set pieces, and make you players not give away throw ins. i'm sorry again, i should have changed those setting myself!

and yes, the game does have some ridiculous outcomes sometimes. when i was testing a previous version of the 4231 this happened:
View attachment 288519

hope it gives you a laugh and cheers you up! i was so relieved it was just a test run i actually laughed too when it happened. if that happened in my actual wolves save i would've probably bashed my screen in!!!

dude im lost for words... that is unexpected and seems unfair most of all! due to your misfortunes, i'm going to start a new save game when i get home with a middle team and see how the tactics do. My wolves team is very good and has played this style for a few seasons now, so the best way to really test it out is to start from scratch again. I will try to acertain if the same mistakes occur and if they do i will look for ways to solve these issues.

has anyone had similar problems?

Well it might just be a run of terrible luck, it just shows some of the problems i have with this game, it just feels like you are not supposed to win in this game.

Im hoping in 2nd season with better players and also a larger playerpool it will go better.

Back